Official Stephen Crichton signs with the Bulldogs 2024

Do you think Crighton will make a good fullback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sam Perrett moved to fullback and killed it.

Crichton has far better attributes, I cannot see a scenario where he would flop at FB. Also he does not fall to the ground like Tedesco.

Averillo is not safe at the back and he doesn't eat enough metres as of right now. Crichton is fitter than fatrell and can go the whole 80mins.
I agree however on form I give it one bad game and you will turn and have him marked down as a flop and 50% worse than Meaney :tearsofjoy:

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine a talented teenager coming into grade at a club in chaos coached by Pay then Barrett !
You would have to be exceptionally extraordinaire to survive :-)
Bit harsh on Pay. He had good success coaching the NSW under 20s origin team (from memory won 4 series in a row)

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only just turned 22 last week and has won two comps and excelled in the game it matters most to do so.
Hope we're signing some more good players for 24(even miraculously a couple for next year)so if he is one I will trustinGus and CC.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He can fuck right off. No cocky obnoxious irritating players on my team thanks. Plus hes so fucking overrated. Does ONE thing like Ponga a season and gets jizzed all over. At least Ponga steps up in origin this guy was exposed in origin. No fucking thanks. Spend money on developing juniors Gus. Plz.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I have no idea. Haven't seen him play fb. I mean he has the running game and speed, but no idea if he's up to the defensive part of fb, which is much more demanding than winger or centre.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Averillo deserves an off season training as a fullback under the guidance of a good coach,
Then and only then he can be judged !
Remember, as it stands we have no room for a star fullback even if there was one available.
Totally agreed I haven’t written him off yet

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Averillo is young and promising. However, his only asset is his speed. He is a failure at defence and
positional play. Ball returns are a negative as well.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo deserves an off season training as a fullback under the guidance of a good coach,
Then and only then he can be judged !
Remember, as it stands we have no room for a star fullback even if there was one available.
We should give Arvo at least one more year.
It was said during and after the GF that Edwards had been playing there for 7 years.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
it is all in his favour, how is he a dud. If he wants to leave he can at any time, thats why souths let him go. If union come calling with a huge offer then he can take it.
It's a dud for clubs who are trying to rebuild. It's the ultimate luxury signing for the Roosters, their roster is already stacked so if they lose him it's not a big deal.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He can fuck right off. No cocky obnoxious irritating players on my team thanks. Plus hes so fucking overrated. Does ONE thing like Ponga a season and gets jizzed all over. At least Ponga steps up in origin this guy was exposed in origin. No fucking thanks. Spend money on developing juniors Gus. Plz.
He can't cut at the elite level as you said. Plus he lacks the acceleration to be a great FB. A waste of cap space if we sign him.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bit harsh on Pay. He had good success coaching the NSW under 20s origin team (from memory won 4 series in a row)
Suddenly his job got a lot harder, he became a first grade coach, his team was stripped off 6 players by the management then secretly they threatened to replace him by their own son...
Yes you are right, it's too much for a rookie.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should give Arvo at least one more year.
It was said during and after the GF that Edwards had been playing there for 7 years.
Yes he deserves a proper chance to develop, but under the terms of the current contract we will not be able to afford him unless he succeeds this year.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think there is any doubt he could be good at fullback, how long it takes before he is a good fullback is another story

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think there is any doubt he could be good at fullback, how long it takes before he is a good fullback is another story
People might disagree, this is what I think of Averillo...
A very talented footballer, at times does struggle under the high ball, seems to lacks confidence, needs to be mentally and physically stronger,
But despite all of this I am confident coached right he will become a very special player.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People might disagree, this is what I think of Averillo...
A very talented footballer, at times does struggle under the high ball, seems to lacks confidence, needs to be mentally and physically stronger,
But despite all of this I am confident coached right he will become a very special player.
Terrible under high ball, worst fullback in comp. Avoids tackling at all costs, will go intercept at first sign of a dummy. Definately lacking a lot expected of a first grade fullback. Occasionally see glimpses, yet I don’t think the toughness required can be instilled in him

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Terrible under high ball, worst fullback in comp. Avoids tackling at all costs, will go intercept at first sign of a dummy. Definately lacking a lot expected of a first grade fullback. Occasionally see glimpses, yet I don’t think the toughness required can be instilled in him
Despite all that I still have the feeling he will come good.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You're both right :grinning:

Hoping CC can build up his physicality, his courage and confidence.

Then he could develop the potential he has.