The Smear Campaign Begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Alright maybe I'm over exaggerating a little bit with that title like that :p. All over social media publishers (fox, nrl) are condemning the behaviour of some fans after the game. Followed by some really original comments such as "typical bulldogs fans". Hahaha nothing new here people it's not the first time the club has been smeared and certainly not the last but we will continue to bounce back from these incidents. People are entitled to their opinions and I really couldn't care less what the media and others think of the club. I'm actually enjoying the banter between fans on social media keep it coming I say. We are and always will be proud Bulldogs supporters!

This was posted on the Official NRL Facebook page.

Comments from ‪#‎NRL‬ Head of Football Todd Greenberg after fan behaviour directed at match officials following the ‪#‎NRLBulldogsSouths‬match at ANZ Stadium:
“It is clearly unacceptable what we saw at the end of today’s game. It highlights the fact we need to put more respect and more attention around our match officials and referees.
“The behaviour of fans at this game today was completely unacceptable.
“I’ll be having as much dialogue as is needed with both the (Canterbury) club, the stadium and the authorities to ensure appropriate penalties are handed out.
“There’s lots of marginal calls in Rugby League but the fan behaviour at today’s game was completely unacceptable and we won’t tolerate it.
“There’s life bans available for us and we’ll work with the stadium, the club and with the police in order to find those culprits.
"Fans need to know that what they did at the end of today’s game is not acceptable, it is as simple as that.”

bahahaha have all the dialogue you want but there is still that name you cannot mention.. the voldemorts must not be spoken about. The media are gonna use this as a smokescreen to brush aside the poor voldemort performance and shift focus to our club.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If the National Betting League didn't rort us, nobody would of thrown nothing.

The nrl, and anyone that has anything to do with the nrl can go fuk themselves.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm cracking up at the video of the ref slipping over at the end of the game, are we entirely sure fans were throwing bottles of was it just banana peels?

Last edited by a moderator:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hadley has mentioned bad behaviour from Dogs fans at least three times during the first 30 mins of Titans Broncos game

KimboSlice

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Greenberg and NRL have absolutely no credibility.. Football is an emotional game, if the refs do a good, no... A half decent job, the fans are satisfied..

The refs aren't accountable to anyone publicly anymore (coaches/players) and that's what's dangerous..

They sit in their ivory protected by tony archer tower and get told that they're doing a great job..

wankers cost us a win in a massive game.. Yeah it's only round 5, but that was a big game psychologically for us and the result was determined by the refs, not the quality of either footy team...

Rant over!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Absolutely disgraceful display from our fans, who the **** throws bottles at officials? I am ashamed....

If you are going to throw stuff at officials, then do it the right way like Arda Turan has shown us and use your shoes!

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As supporters we will cop it for a bit but it will blow over soon.

The bottles (which are made of lightweight plastic by the way) shouldn't have been thrown but on a positive note it showed how passionate our supporter base is about this club. Graham and Klemmer might also cop a bit of flak but they certainly showed their passion tonight. Remember when Andrew Ryan would just walk away from the refs with a sad look on his face?? Those days are gone my friends.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also in this weeks nrl ref review by tony archer - "the refs did a fantastic job this week despite the controversy, we have a protected species policy and it's working very well."

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
An incident i witnessed in the moments following T.Hodkinson's field goal. The Orange Shirt South Sydney Trainer as his team were making their way back to the half way, began chasing after and screaming at the bulldogs ball kid for the ball. He then came up behind the ball kid and ripped the ball from his hands nearly knocking him over. This was all for no reason as the clock had been stopped which is not a new rule in the last 10 or 5min of a game.

He essentially man-handled the ball kid, ripped it out of his hands knocking the kid off balance in the process

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't a Souths fan flash his small penis on live TV and it was treated pretty casual? So what happen today is worse then that ey?

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always thought respect was something you earnt.

Beldig

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bet we are docked points. If that happens I will give up on rugby league

What The Bark?

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Greenberg will probably deduct 2 points from us for crowd trouble because he's a tough guy.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Souths didn't get docked points when their fans did the same thing in 2010. Can't see it happening.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats because Mr Hadley is such a fine up-standing human being who leads by example and would never harass, intimidate or bully another person
lol

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly... That was piss poor from the cowards who did that... I was as frustrated as anyone else, but to act like a pack of monkeys and chuck a tantrum is ridiculous... The club should not suffer for the actions of 15 people... BUT in saying that, how else is the NRL going to make the perpetrators "hurt" and think about doing it again? I can't see how the NRL can't dock us an extra two points... PS, the NRL need to stop sucking off the Bunnies, beyond a joke now. League will die a slow death if this s**t doesn't stop

Status
Not open for further replies.