The Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
can somebody confirm the rule that the penalty on the field goal kicker results in a kick from 10m right in front?

also is that rule assuming that the field goal has missed but gone dead on the full

also while you are reading the rulebook can you check if you are allowed to push somebody in the back to stop him receiving the ball, or is that just an AFL rule?

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
can somebody confirm the rule that the penalty on the field goal kicker results in a kick from 10m right in front?

also is that rule assuming that the field goal has missed but gone dead on the full

also while you are reading the rulebook can you check if you are allowed to push somebody in the back to stop him receiving the ball, or is that just an AFL rule?
What about the raised elbow on Bmoz by Burgess after he dropped it cold. This game had some type of outside influence. They can't be that stupid.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just checked with the NRL and everything's ok

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if it's a penalty for dangerous contact, is that now acceptable and up-to the discretion of the referee's to award? Because **** me, there are 50 incidents a game that are worse than what graham did.

If Reynolds wasn't a spineless ****ing rat **** who clearly milked the injury would we even be talking about that 'incident'.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw isnt there a rule that the video referee can only advise on general foul play if the incident is bad enough to place on report

ok the incident was placed on report but im thinking they wanted to overrule it and so placed him on report for that reason, what is the charge? grade 3 charge down?

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My issue wasn't with the position of the penalty, it was the fact that it was given as a penalty at all. It simply defies all reasonable logic. Graham was clearly trying to charge the ball down (which is legal). The contact is accidental, incidental and not intentional.

Graham can't go anywhere, he's allowed to charge the ball down, or attempt to. Does he have to remove his hands or disappear completely the second the ball is past him?

Also, Inglis is a faggot, what a bitch move pushing Graham away after Graham notified the refs of Reynolds problem straight away.

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My issue wasn't with the position of the penalty, it was the fact that it was given as a penalty at all. It simply defies all reasonable logic. Graham was clearly trying to charge the ball down (which is legal). The contact is accidental, incidental and not intentional.

Graham can't go anywhere, he's allowed to charge the ball down, or attempt to. Does he have to remove his hands or disappear completely the second the ball is past him?

Also, Inglis is a faggot, what a bitch move pushing Graham away after Graham notified the refs of Reynolds problem straight away.
I hate that piece of Shiit **** Inglis. Hit our kickers late but there was no penalty. If they are going to give penalties for dangerous contact they are going to have to penalise every tackle. Fukk me. It's a contact sport

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
greenberg re the bottles

“There are a lot of marginal calls in rugby league, but what we saw today was completely unacceptable, and we will not tolerate it.

haha

marginal

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
greenberg re the bottles

“There are a lot of marginal calls in rugby league, but what we saw today was completely unacceptable, and we will not tolerate it.

haha

marginal
What a joke. The NRL can say whatever they want though if they don't make a stand and SACK THE PRICK then nothing matters. ****ING FILTH.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there anything in the rule book in regards to a physio/doctor communicating/having a go at an opposing player.

its quite obvious the rabbitohs physio/doctor had a go at Graham as you can see Grahams reaction towards that clown

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does that include field goals?
I am of the opinion it does and if anything gives even more leeway to the defender if he does (since it'd take longer to make contact with ball)

To be honest tho I don't even care, best case scenario we get a "ref got it wrong" article in a few weeks. Most likely it gets brushed off as "correct but unfortunate decision". Who cares, this joke should not have happened in the first place. Couldn't agree more with Rod in regards to video ref making a call until it's on report. Report for what??????? lol

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I'm to understand it, the penalty was awarded in front of the posts because it was a shot at field goal deflected by the attacker. If Graham deflected the ball, then it must have been a genuine charge down with no intent to injure the kicker. It was an accident, just as a head clash is not a headbutt.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
10.(a)If a player fouls an opponent who is attempting a drop goal, a penalty kick shall be awarded in front of the goal posts. (b)If the attempt at drop goal is successful, a kick at goal must be taken from the penalty kick and play re-started from the centre of the halfway line irrespective of the outcome of that kick. (c)If the attempt at drop goal is unsuccessful, the penalty kick can be taken in any manner provided for in the Laws and play re-started according to the outcome of that kick.

Though it's 2013 edition.

http://www.nrl.com/portals/nrl/RadEd...02013FINAL.pdf

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Why was Mbye taken out with a late hit after kicking and not getting a penalty?
Cause ingles hit him
why did licha get penalised for interfering in the ruck instead of a nock on?
cause ingles was playing the ball

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there anything in the rule book in regards to a physio/doctor communicating/having a go at an opposing player.

its quite obvious the rabbitohs physio/doctor had a go at Graham as you can see Grahams reaction towards that clown
Just goes to show Graham is too much of a decent person. He shouldn't have stayed down and signalled for a trainer. If play went on the penalty 'may' not have been blown.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about fouling a kicker shooting for field goal resulting in the penalty 10 out. I think it was probably moved there because Klemmer blew up and was sin binned.

Lets talk about all the other bs decisions before that.

Souths awarded 8 point try for Josh Morris kicking Luke in the act of scoring. Fair call IF Josh kicked him but I'm pretty sure the damage was done by Kasiano's knee as he dropped down to try and stop the try from being scored. I reckon Josh's boot barely touched him, if at all.

Then there's the blatant dropped ball by Inglis, called a strip by Lichaa, which resulted in Souths leveling the match at 16 all.

I can understand the penalty for Graham, but it was harsh.

In saying all that we should have been an extra try up. Blew a clear chance and another near chance in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.