The Rugby League Digest Podcast

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've been listening to this podcast over the last couple of weeks, it takes a extremely comprehensive look at the Super league war going into massive detail.
Chapter 9 - What Bullfrog knew part 1 and 2 are a must listen for any Bulldogs fan.

The hosts are pretty funny and very knowledgeable and importantly big rugby league fans themselves.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I've been listening to this podcast over the last couple of weeks, it takes a extremely comprehensive look at the Super league war going into massive detail.
Chapter 9 - What Bullfrog knew part 1 and 2 are a must listen for any Bulldogs fan.

The hosts are pretty funny and very knowledgeable and importantly big rugby league fans themselves.
Yes I've listened to Chapter 9 Parts 1 and 2. Very good. The sidekick buts in a bit too much but it was very entertaining :grinning:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the best things Bullfrog did was sign us up to Super League. There’s a good chance we would be merged right now if he didn’t do it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
One of the best things Bullfrog did was sign us up to Super League. There’s a good chance we would be merged right now if he didn’t do it.
They present a bit more of a clandestine machiavellian Bullfrog version.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
We would have merged with Wests. Which would have meant we got there area which would have been perfect. And it would have been a takeover as Wests were very poor at that time. Imagine having all 3 of those leagues clubs putting into our team now (Magpies have 2)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We would have merged with Wests. Which would have meant we got there area which would have been perfect. And it would have been a takeover as Wests were very poor at that time. Imagine having all 3 of those leagues clubs putting into our team now (Magpies have 2)
West’s are loaded now though and look what they did to Balmain. Balmain are there in name only it would have been a power struggle for the rest of time. Thankfully it was avoided by Bullfrog looking out for the club and being one of the clubs that benefited the most from it.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Thanks for the tip, the production isn’t brilliant but I enjoyed the content. Cheers.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve actually enjoyed this more and more as it’s gone on. I didn’t realise at first but the original theme music was that of the ‘State Bank Big Game’ from the 80’s :-).

Now that it’s part of the acast podcast network the production quality is much better although they had to change the theme music for something licensed :-).

The latest episode features the 1995 GF as the last Winfield Cup as well as featuring one ARL and one Super League team, so the Dogs are heavily featured.

The Super League war chronicle is great and well researched, I’ll never forget that time in the history of the game, but had clearly forgotten a lot of the detail.

Worth a listen.

Last edited:

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I been listening to it pretty insightful I like it how they seen us a critical to signing with super league with bullfrogs standing in the nswrl if was the scalp that hurt the arl

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
A new episode has been released which is a Bulldogs Case Study, with Nick Tedeschi - goes for about an hour - worth a listen.

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah just had a listen. Great episode. The story about the late train for Terry lambs last game a Belmore.. haha