The rub of the green

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with most on here that we are often robbed by the refs. We always seem to be on the wrong end of penalty counts and are often penalised for rediculous shit, and often the calls are just rubbish, absolutely incorrect. But i also understand that referees will make mistakes.
However, for me, worse then this is the fact that we never seem to get the rub of the green.
Today i finally got around to watching our loss against the sharks and there were a number of calls that were dubious at best.
Take for example the very late call to award the sharks a penalty for Balsas incorrect play the ball when he clearly got to his feet to play it yet was unable to and fell to the ground and then tried to stand and play the ball again. Then not more then 10 mins later edrick lee gets a penalty for playing the ball sideways because he was "crowded". Straight up bullshit!!
An even worse example was when holland made a break and mbye was held back by prior and then taken to ground. He should have been sin binned, and mbye could very well have scored, but we didnt even get a penalty. And straight after jackson makes a big tackle with the sharks pinned on their line, and when his tackle slips up they call a high shot.
Basically we have been in most games we have played this year even though we have not been playing all too well. We have been blatantly ripped off in two games as well.
All in all i feel as though its not all doom and gloom. Sure enough our season is more then likely over, but there have been a few good signs as well. Rhys Martin has stepped up really well, Kerrod Holland has shown that he is not a complete waste of money, RFM has been fantastic, and had he played last weekend we would have likely won.
With the rub of the green we would be in the eight right now and peoples opinions would be very different. Our ISP side is having a pretty good year so there is some positives there as well. Fingers crossed a number of them can fill our ibvious voids over the next year as well.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate Ceechin clearly had money on Cronulla to win. We should have won. Pay should have blown up after the loss. Plus he was the main reason why I switched the T.V off. I knew he was going to ref us out and didn't want to watch most of it as I could have broken something.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our club has bent over & been copping it sweet from the NRL and the refs for too long..

The club is too worried about being 'PC'

Bulldogs with no balls

Bring back Punchy Nelson

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only rub of the green these inept officials recognize is cool hard cash. Maybe we should start handing out a few brown paper bags with the orange slices at half time.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Our performance last week was the best of the season so far for me.

We beat the sharks hands down, they were kept in the game by the refs.

I think we're slowly building, even with this group of players.

Ditto rhys Martin, I noticed in the members forum he wasn't part of the 2019 squad. Hope the club pulls out strings to keep him, proving to be a very handy player

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Gotta say i have always got the rub of the green every time i have been to Nimbin 8-)

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Ditto rhys Martin, I noticed in the members forum he wasn't part of the 2019 squad. Hope the club pulls out strings to keep him, proving to be a very handy player
Yeah i agree. We are definitely building. Slowly of course, but there are a few encouraging signs.
I actually think that our lack of cap space will in a sense be a good thing. The board have expressed their desires to get back to a bred not bought philosophy with junior development a major focal point. Add to this dean pays experience with the NSW under 18s teams and warren mcdonnels track record of unearthing good young talent, and there could actually be some light at the end of the tunnel. We wont be forking out overs to bug name players, but making sure we are signing the very best up and coming young players.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We got the rub of the green the week after Pay said something....and that was always going to happen. Last week I turned the game off after 15 minutes of the second half and haven't watched anymore. In that space Woods got penalised for incorrectly playing the ball after a second effort from the ground, Mbye was taken out in support play and then there was a 3rd thing, can't remember what it was now. All this was at 10 all and then ended up with a 12 point turn around not in our favour. I had had enough then and turned the fukin game off and went and cooked dinner instead. Ref's would be directly responsible for 3-4 of our losses this year I would say.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

Martin missed a crucial tackle on the Cronulla centre close to our line who scored. He also missed the Broncos forward who scored late for the Broncos to draw level with us. Once he improves his tackling commitment he might be handy. Until then, he's nothing special.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Martin missed a crucial tackle on the Cronulla centre close to our line who scored. He also missed the Broncos forward who scored late for the Broncos to draw level with us. Once he improves his tackling commitment he might be handy. Until then, he's nothing special.
It was not Martins fault when raman noodle scored, it was to'omaga. He was rushing off to the left edge and raman noodle ran an inside line and To'omaga barely got near him.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is a lot of promising players in the lower grades. To me they dont seem to be developing satisfactorily.
I am in favour of gaining a better coach for these young guys. The current one is out of his depth.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to get better, so we can overcome bad decisions.

As I get older I’m starting to realise I can’t change anything outside of my control, so I change myself to adapt. The dogs team need to do this. Get better so one or two bad decisions cannot fuck over the entire game. They can only control themselves, not the refs.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The only rub of the green these inept officials recognize is cool hard cash. Maybe we should start handing out a few brown paper bags with the orange slices at half time.
Or... we can do what we do best. Chop the head off a horse and slip it into their bed.

DON'T FUCK WITH THE BULLDOGS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.