The Roosters media department

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Did anyone see the Daily Tele article trying to argue the ridiculously over stacked Roosters team is legit? Politis must have given Rothfield a lifetime supply of booze from Liquorland to write that shit.

And Robinson is a supercoach now? Lol

#cheats

Sorry, had to remove link as it was a pay article....don't give those pricks your hard earned.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They are the only club that gets frequent articles published about them for express purpose of trying to convince everyone they are not cheating. No surprise to see that Rothfool is the author. They must truly believe that all NRL fans are as stupid as him if they think we are going to swallow that tripe. In the article he estimates Taukeiaho being on 275K lol. 275K for one of the top props in the game!! And apparently they all do it because they play for unders to be coached by the great Robbo. Do they seriously expect us to believe Taukeiaho is forgoing 500K a year for the privilege He's either off his head or thinks the general public are.

The truth is that everyone knows the Roosters cheat. Anyone with a year 10 maths education can figure that out. Catching them at it is the hard part. Nick Politis is many things......but stupid isn't one of them.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
DT is garbage, why people still buy it I'll never know. Buzz is a wanker.

Robinson is one of the best coaches in the league though, stacked roster or not his teams have finished: 1st, 1st, 1st, 15th, 2nd, 2nd and have won 2 premierships and favourites for a third this Sunday. He is probably the best man manager in the league, one of the hardest parts of coaching is being able to manage egos and his squad is filled with them.

Anyway, hope the Raiders do them on the weekend!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Robinson is one of the best coaches in the league though, stacked roster or not his teams have finished: 1st, 1st, 1st, 15th, 2nd, 2nd and have won 2 premierships and favourites for a third this Sunday. He is probably the best man manager in the league, one of the hardest parts of coaching is being able to manage egos and his squad is filled with them.

Easy to be a good man manager when a pissed off player is just handed some brown paper bags.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

I'd love to see how he'd go with our roster....lol

#myth

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Can’t agree at all about Robinson being an elite coach. He has had one year where his roster wasn’t healthy to be overly filled with stars and he finished 15th.

Every other year he’s had a roster a donkey could coach and make the top 4.

He has also never once from my memory taken a bog average player and turned him to something solid.

While Bellamy has had a roster illegally assembled and held together via cheating he has certainly on multiple occasions now improved otherwise flops or average as fuck players out of sight.

In saying that he’s had stars to help do it.

I don’t think any of these “supercoachs” are much without the cattle. I never bought into Wayne and still don’t. He’s obviously got some strong coaching abilities including man management as seen by how Darius and James Roberts etc follow him and connect with him when they haven’t with others.

Though his premiership rosters are a joke. Clearly always cheated the cap at the ponies too.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ya lol, and this team just keeps Getting under my skin even more, leaves such a bad taste in the mouth..!! The day they CRASH and BURN is going to be so beautiful to watch.. then all of a sudden they will be back page news, and forgotten.

Can’t happen SOON enough..!!!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd love to see how he'd go with our roster....lol

#myth
This logic is so flawed though, how many coaches have we seen with gun rosters and underperform, in fact the majority do. If he doesn't win the premiership then he will get crucified so its only fair to give him credit when he meets expectations. Anyone who has held a top level job at a major corporation will understand how hard it is to manage egos and get a whole team moving in the same direction.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This logic is so flawed though, how many coaches have we seen with gun rosters and underperform, in fact the majority do. If he doesn't win the premiership then he will get crucified so its only fair to give him credit when he meets expectations. Anyone who has held a top level job at a major corporation will understand how hard it is to manage egos and get a whole team moving in the same direction.
I don’t really think it is flawed at all. A boss with a workforce that is twice as skilled as its rivals is going to be expected to perform better. That’s just common sense. There may be some egos amongst that roosters roster, but they are still professionals. There’s no evidence to suggest anyone in that squad has such a massive ego it would be so disruptive to team harmony test coaching that team would require some sort of special talent.... the one time Robinson has been faced with adversity and his team had to deal with some key injuries, he flopped. Still had some very good players on the park and got nothing out of them at all.

As I say, let’s see Robinson coach some good performances out of an average roster and then I’ll admit he’s a Super Coach. He’s just another average, run of the mill coach who is blessed with great resources.

That’s not to say he can’t coach at all, but there’s no evidence he’s a super coach, or that he’s any better than a number of other coaches toiling away with less skilled rosters. Any good coach should have some people managing skills. Possessing those qualities doesn’t make one a superstar.

We haven’t seen many coaches with rosters as stacked as the current roosters roster. Dot since the Canberra snd Brisbane sides of the 90s and early 2000s. Outside of one miracle season st the Tigers, Tim Sheens didn’t do anything special after leaving Canberra.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no doubt Nick is part of the Murdoch machine that control what gets out there in the mass media. No matter what you think of that little bitch Keary and his hair-pulling ways, there's no doubt that incident didn't get the airplay that would have happened with almost any player at any other club. As for Robinson being a super-coach, give him the Titans roster and see how he goes. He's a smug **** who's landed snugly on his feet with a laughably stacked roster.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There's no doubt Nick is part of the Murdoch machine that control what gets out there in the mass media. No matter what you think of that little bitch Keary and his hair-pulling ways, there's no doubt that incident didn't get the airplay that would have happened with almost any player at any other club. As for Robinson being a super-coach, give him the Titans roster and see how he goes. He's a smug **** who's landed snugly on his feet with a laughably stacked roster.
And the same applies to Cronk.

Never had to do it all himself like Thurston and had time to do his thing with all the quality players around him.

See how he'd go with the Titans...or even 2005 Cowboys.