The Rodzilla safe space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ok so what happened was that the realist90 safe space wasnt so safe for him tonight because the discussion on genderless bathrooms turned ugly when he implied it would be a potential pedophile situation and then the rodzilla reminded him that letting a pedophile priest off the hook and move him to a new place to have some alone time with new unsuspecting kids was also a potential pedophile situation and probably much more so

he reported the posts, it got deleted and worst of all he gave me the speech about if i dont like something or get offended that i should leave his thread

so this is a new safe space, this time for the Rodzilla and the rest of the normal people, if you are crazy then dont ever come into my thread, if you are offended by my posts then dont ever come into my thread and please dont report me again because this is a closed thread and im not forcing you to read my posts

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Rod, it's getting late - I'll try to think of something interesting to say tomorrow. :grinning:

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
time for the Rodzilla and the rest of the normal people, if you are crazy then dont ever come into my thread, if you are offended by my posts then dont ever come into my thread and please dont report me again because this is a closed thread and im not forcing you to read my posts

I broke the rule.

BTW: Is there normal people posting here. (looks around & I don't see them)

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Rod, it's getting late - I'll try to think of something interesting to say tomorrow. :grinning:
im staying up for the F1 tbh

btw this is a friendly reminder that i still have 2 tickets to the game that im trying to offload

greenberg should know about this situation and what it says about his product, im having trouble giving free nrl tickets away ffs, i couldnt give away 4 to the tigers game

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I tried doing the opposite & crashing at 9pm so I could get up early for the F1, it is clearly not working out.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ah, so that’s what happened......

We should all have our own safe space threads, really.... but I’m happy to hang out in here at least until I am hooked.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The religion rule is stupid & completely unfair, it should be removed. Many people on here are religious when it suits them, they hide behind this so called religion and attack other peoples point of view who are not religous without repercussions.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
paedophilia is not part of the Catholic religion, it's a sickness that some xy's have so it's not fair to make a connection to Catholicism.

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The religion rule is stupid & completely unfair, it should be removed. Many people on here are religious when it suits them, they hide behind this so called religion and attack other peoples point of view who are not religous without repercussions.
I agree religion should be fair game for discussion. I think most people are curious about religious teachings . I see a lot of positives

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
paedophilia is not part of the Catholic religion, it's a sickness that some xy's have so it's not fair to make a connection to Catholicism.
Paedophilia is not part of Catholicism.

Protecting paedophiles for decades and ruining the lives of anyone who dared speak out, under the guise of brand protection, is.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's definitely not fair to heap Pedos and Catholicism together, but it's fair to target something that has actually happened and target the people involved (not all Catholics but some of the leaders)

But Rod was mainly doing it as retaliation.

I disagree with the "no religious discussion" rule for three reasons:

1) religion is a major part of life and should be free to be discussed to allow people to truly represent who they are

2) people should be free to discuss what they want and if it gets heated then who cares? Let them argue it out as long as it doesn't end up pissing everyone else off

3) in this case it was used as a defence. One person was able to openly attack a group of people but the other person couldn't retaliate even if it was a very valid point purely because of the rule

But this is a forum like any, and I don't make the rules. Those that run the forum have decided that it's easier to stop arguments before they start, and that's fair enough.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Paedophilia is not part of Catholicism.

Protecting paedophiles for decades and ruining the lives of anyone who dared speak out, under the guise of brand protection, is.
Protecting paedophiles is not part of the teachings of the Catholic religion. These were administration decisions not taken from religious teachings.

People want to throw the whole religion under the bus because some administrators couldn't control their dicks and evil thoughts.

What about the paedo teachers from Knox grammar ? Let's just throw education under the bus too

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's definitely not fair to heap Pedos and Catholicism together, but it's fair to target something that has actually happened and target the people involved (not all Catholics but some of the leaders)

But Rod was mainly doing it as retaliation.

I disagree with the "no religious discussion" rule for three reasons:

1) religion is a major part of life and should be free to be discussed to allow people to truly represent who they are

2) people should be free to discuss what they want and if it gets heated then who cares? Let them argue it out as long as it doesn't end up pissing everyone else off

3) in this case it was used as a defence. One person was able to openly attack a group of people but the other person couldn't retaliate even if it was a very valid point purely because of the rule

But this is a forum like any, and I don't make the rules. Those that run the forum have decided that it's easier to stop arguments before they start, and that's fair enough.
Very good point, religion guides many people's lives . I'm genuinely intrigued and impressed on how people can follow a religion based on faith.
I did follow faithfully but was open to some disappointment but I've since changed my mind in the last 6 months to the point of being almost atheist just like you lol

Last edited:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I love the safe space threads
Lol
Keep them going

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Protecting paedophiles is not part of the teachings of the Catholic religion. These were administration decisions not taken from religious teachings.

People want to throw the whole religion under the bus because some administrators couldn't control their dicks and evil thoughts.

What about the paedo teachers from Knox grammar ? Let's just throw education under the bus too
I never said it was part of the "teachings". If anything, I still can't fathom how an organisation that allegedly teaches "love" could do this in such a cold, calculating way. I'm not throwing anyone of faith under a bus, just like I wouldn't with a teacher, soccer coach, scout leader etc. Probably abound half my friends are of some faith or another - some, like Mrs CD practice it daily, others seem to turn to it on Facebook when they want something :grinning:

The cover ups coming to the surface all around the world, are not some random administrators going rogue, it was clearly part of an orchestrated and well coordinated (and successful) attempt to protect the brand - it's not colloquially known as the world's oldest and biggest corporation for nothing. We are talking thousands of perpetrators and millions of victims (as most victims would be in the developing world, I doubt we will ever know the extent). If Pell, effectively, the organisation's CFO knew what was going on, it's clear the CEO did as well. Good people, including other priests who tried to speak out, were silenced. Other religions were in on it of course - the Anglican church, to their credit eventually, threw their own hat into the ring and started talking compensation.

I don't even consider this to be a religious discussion, as its more about an organisation/corporation drunk on power. Kind of like big banks, Volkswagen, Monsanto etc, but on a much bigger scale. Religion just happens to be a more powerful tool to weird that power.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I never said it was part of the "teachings". If anything, I still can't fathom how an organisation that allegedly teaches "love" could do this in such a cold, calculating way. I'm not throwing anyone of faith under a bus, just like I wouldn't with a teacher, soccer coach, scout leader etc. Probably abound half my friends are of some faith or another - some, like Mrs CD practice it daily, others seem to turn to it on Facebook when they want something :grinning:

The cover ups coming to the surface all around the world, are not some random administrators going rogue, it was clearly part of an orchestrated and well coordinated (and successful) attempt to protect the brand - it's not colloquially known as the world's oldest and biggest corporation for nothing. We are talking thousands of perpetrators and millions of victims (as most victims would be in the developing world, I doubt we will ever know the extent). If Pell, effectively, the organisation's CFO knew what was going on, it's clear the CEO did as well. Good people, including other priests who tried to speak out, were silenced. Other religions were in on it of course - the Anglican church, to their credit eventually, threw their own hat into the ring and started talking compensation.

I don't even consider this to be a religious discussion, as its more about an organisation/corporation drunk on power. Kind of like big banks, Volkswagen, Monsanto etc, but on a much bigger scale. Religion just happens to be a more powerful tool to weird that power.
As you all know
I’m an atheist

Apart from being the founding member of the skippy god,

But I agree with you, in that post 100%

The religion itself doesn’t teach that, and the offenders are not acting out these acts in the name of god, so to label the catholic religion as kidy fiddling as a religion is wrong

The cover ups are, as you said, to protect the brand not the individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.