The Rev Head Thread

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@TANK 2.0

Holy snapping duckshit!!!

What a night!!!!!!!!!! :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::|:|:|:|:|

$3.58 million.... that is roughly how many dollars in supercars I've seen tonight in Sydney CBD.

Headed in to check out Vivid, and it wasn't just the only thing checked out:

2016 Ferrari 458 Italia - ~485k
2016 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta - $600k
2018 McLaren 720S - $650k
McLaren 540C - $339k
Aston Martin DB11 - ~$450k
Bentley GT Speed - ~$500k
Mercedes AMG GT S - $240k
Mercedes SL65 AMG - $320k

When two top of the line AMG Mercs are the cheapest "supercars" you see, you know it's going to be a good night.

Almost dropped a load when I saw the McLaren 720 and the F12. Wife is like "come on" ... I'm like ... "No... you have to wait... this is ... special".

Fuck me the 720 sounds amazing in real life (and the driver was giving it some shoe around The Rocks).

The F12 I followed from North Sydney across the bridge.
540C I was driving alongside of from Windsor Rd till St Leonards.
DB11 was parked, and the rest just driving around the CBD.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
@TANK 2.0

Holy snapping duckshit!!!

What a night!!!!!!!!!! :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::|:|:|:|:|

$3.58 million.... that is roughly how many dollars in supercars I've seen tonight in Sydney CBD.

Headed in to check out Vivid, and it wasn't just the only thing checked out:

2016 Ferrari 458 Italia - ~485k
2016 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta - $600k
2018 McLaren 720S - $650k
McLaren 540C - $339k
Aston Martin DB11 - ~$450k
Bentley GT Speed - ~$500k
Mercedes AMG GT S - $240k
Mercedes SL65 AMG - $320k

When two top of the line AMG Mercs are the cheapest "supercars" you see, you know it's going to be a good night.

Almost dropped a load when I saw the McLaren 720 and the F12. Wife is like "come on" ... I'm like ... "No... you have to wait... this is ... special".

Fuck me the 720 sounds amazing in real life (and the driver was giving it some shoe around The Rocks).

The F12 I followed from North Sydney across the bridge.
540C I was driving alongside of from Windsor Rd till St Leonards.
DB11 was parked, and the rest just driving around the CBD.
Did you manage to catch a glimpse of my SS? I was the one in front of them :p

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Did you manage to catch a glimpse of my SS? I was the one in front of them :p
hahahaha ... nah ... seriously the 720s just sounds brutal... as if it's going to just walk up and punch you straight in the face. When it backs off theres a cross between a pop/crackle, and a bang. Amplified by the tunnel and buildings around near The Orient/Munich Brauhaus.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
hahahaha ... nah ... seriously the 720s just sounds brutal... as if it's going to just walk up and punch you straight in the face. When it backs off theres a cross between a pop/crackle, and a bang. Amplified by the tunnel and buildings around near The Orient/Munich Brauhaus.
I heard most HyperCars including the McLarens in Vegas on the racetrack. It would of been weird if you didn't walk around with a boner lol

One of my favourite sounds ever when I was down gearing the Lambo, it's like a symphony of cannons mixed with Armageddon mixed with sjw's crying lol

PS I'm still spewing McLaren got rid of Merc and uses Honda. Massive fucking downgrade, it's like picking a civic over the E63 lol

Last edited:

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
PS I'm still spewing McLaren got rid of Merc and uses Honda. Massive fucking downgrade, it's like picking a civic over the E63 lol
Honda made the most successful F1 engine ever... (did help that Prost and Senna were the drivers lol)

Senna won his first Championship in a McLaren with a turbo Honda engine ;) When turbos got banned in F1, Honda's n/a v10-s were the tits. McLaren are using Renault engines now though I think

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Honda made the most successful F1 engine ever... (did help that Prost and Senna were the drivers lol)

Senna won his first Championship in a McLaren with a turbo Honda engine ;) When turbos got banned in F1, Honda's n/a v10-s were the tits. McLaren are using Renault engines now though I think
What was the reason they left Merc?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I heard most HyperCars including the McLarens in Vegas on the racetrack. It would of been weird if you didn't walk around with a boner lol

One of my favourite sounds ever when I was down gearing the Lambo, it's like a symphony of cannons mixed with Armageddon mixed with sjw's crying lol

SJW'S CRYING BWAHAHAHAHAHA LOL.

God bless your cotton socks bro, I swear I love ya!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Old man had to sell his SLR 5000 to buy a tarago to fit the kids in.....
I don't think his ever recovered from that

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Years ago this guy I know had what started as a fairly standard Ford Falcon, but he had modded the crap out of it, in particular, he spend thousands and thousands on an awesome sound system. It went on to win awards at "show and shine" type events in the sound category. It was his pride and joy, but also a massive money pit.

He was always a bit of a "bachelor", and with no dependants, all his spare time and money went on the car, but then in his mid 30s, he fell in love with a lady who had a couple of kids (she was actually great chick), an then a couple more together. He decided to sell his car, partly as he thought, as a family man he looked a bit silly driving a car like that (I don't think she would have made him). I know when he sold it, it was for a fraction of what he spent on it.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
What was the reason they left Merc?
Lots of reasons - McLaren wanted to be their own manufacturer, they fell out over the slr, issues around the stealing of Ferrari blueprints, Ron Dennis selling off shares etc etc

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Had to sell my Monaro for a SV6, I know his pain lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
FARK!!! :hearteyes::fearscream:

https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?smode=0&aid=8706&lid=1460757

1977 Holden Torana SS A9X GMP A
One of 33 ever made
One of 2 ever registered.
14kms on the clock.

Current Bid with 19hrs left: $325,000
Just sold for $360,000

and a A9X Prototype just about to go for $210,000

FUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKK

https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?smode=0&aid=8706&lid=1434477

GTHO PHASE 3 'BIG RED'
Year: 1971
Make: Ford
Model: Falcon
Series: GTHO Phase 3
Body: 4 Door
Engine: V8
Transmission: 4-Speed Manual
Colour: TRACK RED
Seats: 5
Selling UNREGISTERED

Current Bid: $555,000 !!!!! :|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

Note I think the above are starting bids.. as only 1 bidder coming up.