The Rev Head Thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You may want to be run a different viscosity depending on the time of year (especially if your location has a large temp difference between summer/winter). The number before the W(Winter) is the rating of the oil flow at -17.8C and the number after is at 100C. Honestly do what mr i suggested above, contact Walkinshaw, if any company in australia knows about a GM LS2 it is without doubt these guys ;) While you are at it, convince them to use the camaro to take on the mustang in the V8 SuperCars :grinning:
Thanks for the info brother.

Word on the street since there are no more SS's, Holden are bringing the Camaro AND Corvette to take its place.

Would sell my left nut for the Camaro Exorcist (the Dodge Demon slayer)

1000 horses from the factory

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thanks again boys for the info, reason I'm asking is because Super Cheap have 30% Penrite oils that finish tomorrow.

I hope Walkie are open on Sundays just to double check with them.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Is 160k considered low? The cam and other mods were done at 120k.
It’s average not low and not high so I wouldn’t go near 5w but 10w 40 is what I will use .
But if your really worried speak to a golden dealer or mechanic that works on them they will give you the best answer.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the info brother.

Word on the street since there are no more SS's, Holden are bringing the Camaro AND Corvette to take its place.

Would sell my left nut for the Camaro Exorcist (the Dodge Demon slayer)
I am not 100% sure about the corvette but Walkinshaw (well i really should say hsv) are converting the camaro to right hand drive to sell them out here.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I am not 100% sure about the corvette but Walkinshaw (well i really should say hsv) are converting the camaro to right hand drive to sell them out here.
Happy days! Well it would be if I can get my hands on one lol

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s average not low and not high so I wouldn’t go near 5w but 10w 40 is what I will use .
But if your really worried speak to a golden dealer or mechanic that works on them they will give you the best answer.
There’s nothing wrong with 5w. in fact, in an older engine it might be preferable as the oil will get to the top of the engine faster when cold.
The most important number is the second one as that’s the oil viscosity at working temp.
5w-40 would be perfect for @TANK 2.0 car.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anything 5w 10w 30 or 40 you will have no dramas with honestly
But if walkinshaw reccomend something specific use it
All of the above will protect ur engine mate
Give em a buzz for your piece of mind

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
There’s nothing wrong with 5w. in fact, in an older engine it might be preferable as the oil will get to the top of the engine faster when cold.
The most important number is the second one as that’s the oil viscosity at working temp.
5w-40 would be perfect for @TANK 2.0 car.
But problem with 5w is if you have an older engine and your piston rings a worn it might start blowing smoke.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But problem with 5w is if you have an older engine and your piston rings a worn it might start blowing smoke.
That’s true, although your stem seals woul probably leak before your rings.
The main thing with using 5w is that you’re aware of it, and don’t beat the shit out of your car till it’s up to temp. (But if you have any mechanical sympathy whatsoever, you wouldn’t anyway)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Anyone that is mates with a tyre shop?

I need 2 x 275 35 r20's for the rear, don't know why? ;)

Don't have to be the best brands, just to pass a pink slip.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
FUCK ME!!!!

:|:|:|

http://cars.mclaren.com/ultimate-series/mclaren-senna/performance

A few cliffnotes:
  • The McLaren Senna is the fastest McLaren road car ever around a racetrack, but these abilities go hand-in-hand with an intensely involving and immersive experience that puts the driver utterly in control.
  • The 4.0-litre twin-turbocharged V8 at the heart of the McLaren Senna is the most powerful McLaren road car engine ever, producing 800PS (789bhp) and 800Nm (590lb ft), with 700Nm (516lb ft) of torque available at just 3,000rpm.
  • Acceleration from 0-62mph (100km/h) is achieved in 2.8 seconds, 0-124mph (200km/h) in 6.8 seconds and 0-186mph (300km/h) in 17.5 seconds. The standing quarter mile is completed in 10.0 seconds, and the maximum speed is 340km/h (211 mph).
  • Limited to 500 only.
  • Track use only.
  • $1 million USD / $750,000 pound starting price tag
  • Takes 300 hours to built one, as all are built be hand.
But seriously... LOOK AT IT!!!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
FUCK ME!!!!

:|:|:|

http://cars.mclaren.com/ultimate-series/mclaren-senna/performance

A few cliffnotes:
  • The McLaren Senna is the fastest McLaren road car ever around a racetrack, but these abilities go hand-in-hand with an intensely involving and immersive experience that puts the driver utterly in control.
  • The 4.0-litre twin-turbocharged V8 at the heart of the McLaren Senna is the most powerful McLaren road car engine ever, producing 800PS (789bhp) and 800Nm (590lb ft), with 700Nm (516lb ft) of torque available at just 3,000rpm.
  • Acceleration from 0-62mph (100km/h) is achieved in 2.8 seconds, 0-124mph (200km/h) in 6.8 seconds and 0-186mph (300km/h) in 17.5 seconds. The standing quarter mile is completed in 10.0 seconds, and the maximum speed is 340km/h (211 mph).
  • Limited to 500 only.
  • Track use only.
  • $1 million USD / $750,000 pound starting price tag
  • Takes 300 hours to built one, as all are built be hand.
But seriously... LOOK AT IT!!!!
As much as I love McLaren, that's a Lambo Veneno wanna be.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
As much as I love McLaren, that's a Lambo Veneno wanna be.
Nah not even close. Veneno was a limited edition run of like .. 10 (was it?), designed to be driven on the roads and was an Aventador on steroids.

This McLaren is a track only weapon. A limited edition improvement on the P1 (which in itself is a beast).

You have to wonder just how much faster they can get 0-100kph in road going cars though... there wil eventually be a wall they hit where it's impossible to really go faster and remain a road going vehicle.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nah not even close. Veneno was a limited edition run of like .. 10 (was it?), designed to be driven on the roads and was an Aventador on steroids.

This McLaren is a track only weapon. A limited edition improvement on the P1 (which in itself is a beast).

You have to wonder just how much faster they can get 0-100kph in road going cars though... there wil eventually be a wall they hit where it's impossible to really go faster and remain a road going vehicle.
I hope they never hit that wall bro, I'm addicted to speed (not the drug lol)

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My dream car
Valiant charger
Orange one with black bonnet and stripes
V8 engine
The 6pack model
For those in the know
6 pack has nothing to do with engine type