The Referee audio you won't believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The referee audio you won’t believe
The ongoing drama around the referees continues, with audio being released of a referee consulting his peers on increasing penalties on certain plays.

What are your thoughts on Matt Ceechin asking whether he needs to blow more offside penalties?
Check out this link:

https://www.9now.com.au/100-footy/2018/clip-cjfs8gome00550rlpt21p31n9

Brian Donnelly My opinion is since all the betting agencies came along, there has been more controversies involving referees, when it was just pick the score and margins there didn't seem to be this much spotlight put on refs. Where there is serious betting, there is corruption. Might be time to find out where NRL are really getting there money from besides tv and foxtel rights.

Monica Miller I know exactly what I think of it, and I've been saying it for a couple of seasons but have been banned for speaking - what I believe is the truth - players cannot fix matches, and they don't control games - the whistle blowers do and there should have been a more thorough, independent investigation into the refs. My two bobs worth and I stand by what I say.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Been saying it for years and been called a conspiracy theorist. Doesn't look like a theory anymore, doesn't it?

This putrid excuse for a professional comp is nothing but a betting product, easier to rig than horse racing.

Nothing will happen because the National Betting League is owned and run by the betting agencies.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely disgusting!!! These guys are muppets. And they control this great game..

Deadset corruption exposed.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What did it say? Link won’t open
To sum up, Gus wasn't shocked because he has tapes of the refs talking about penalty counts, they like to award roughly 15 penalties in a game to make it look like they are "fair"

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gag the clubs and coaches from criticizing the officials and this is what you get. Let me echo Pay's famous words " It's like were not supposed to win".

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have obviously been told to dud a few teams in recent years. Can't remember a game where we won via a favourable call....
But its funny that i can name at least 3 or 4 games this year that we have been fucked over

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They have obviously been told to dud a few teams in recent years. Can't remember a game where we won via a favourable call....
But its funny that i can name at least 3 or 4 games this year that we have been fucked over
Agree man. We are 2nd last and these ref clowns don't help.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its been a farce for years. Ever since betting agencies have become so heavily involved. So its of no surpris to me.
I find it rediculous as well that at the beginning of the year they were happy to give away 30+ penalties in a game, but now its normal to only have aay 16. wheres the consistency? isnt that what its all about?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As Gomer Pyle would say " Surprise, surprise, surprise" NOT..

It is not as if we have not been thinking along these lines because there have been other times at which there have been some suspicious comments by referees picked up on audio. This smacks of game management to the nth degree and it just tends to alienate the public more and more and make the game look corrupt. There should be NO hints as to the way penalties etc are going..the game is supposed to be officiated in a particular manner i.e. unreservedly fairly and without bias...as the referee sees it unfold without any pointers from the referees boss. Gus is not particularly a favourite of mine but I applaud him for his comments and the way he pulled no punches. "Absolutely" was one word he used when talking about it.

SOO; case in point, where so as not to spoil the spectacle, we have less penalties blown than in a regular game where they have no worries about disturbing the flow of the game with repetitious penalties for certain offences on the goal line at the expense of ones we can see unfolding as well, such as midfield penalties for offside, laying on the tackles player etc.

There are two areas that are a particular bugbear of mine at the moment; the second marker who is supposed to stand DIRECTLY behind the first and maintain contact with that player...instead they are allowed to stand a metre and a half back and to the side of the first marker meaning they are OFFSIDE and the fact that deliberate forward passes are going unchecked and unpenalised instead they are being treated liker an accident. On the weekend too saw a kicker ( Lewis) taken late after he kicked with no penalty awarded. Heaven help us if one of those went our way.

In an effort to seem consistent with the awarding of penalties they are now manufacturing skewed penalty counts which are doing a great disservice to the game.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It would be awesome if a class action suit against the NBL wins and punters will get returned every cent bet on games that they ever laid out. Sending the agencies broke and killing off the NBL, opening up a takeover by another, more professional league.

Probably will never happen, but stranger things have happened.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And they wonder why people don't rock to games anymore..... this is one of the main reasons.

Reactions: DT

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What did it say? Link won’t open
Worked fine on my phone

Saying that ccehin, asking things like " what's the numbers" and if he needs "more action on the 10, or just keep doing what I'm doin"

Moonface Gus even confirms it, "it's been happening for years, they just change the code name, like barries eg"

We all joke about it here and there but I never actually thought it was true.
If games are in fact rigged or influenced by the refs, then I'm out. I'll either go to a mates place just to watch dogs games or the club. I'm not working out $65 a month for this corrupt shite!!!
Foxtel isn't worth the cash anymore imo

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The referee audio you won’t believe
The ongoing drama around the referees continues, with audio being released of a referee consulting his peers on increasing penalties on certain plays.

What are your thoughts on Matt Ceechin asking whether he needs to blow more offside penalties?
Check out this link:

https://www.9now.com.au/100-footy/2018/clip-cjfs8gome00550rlpt21p31n9

Brian Donnelly My opinion is since all the betting agencies came along, there has been more controversies involving referees, when it was just pick the score and margins there didn't seem to be this much spotlight put on refs. Where there is serious betting, there is corruption. Might be time to find out where NRL are really getting there money from besides tv and foxtel rights.

Monica Miller I know exactly what I think of it, and I've been saying it for a couple of seasons but have been banned for speaking - what I believe is the truth - players cannot fix matches, and they don't control games - the whistle blowers do and there should have been a more thorough, independent investigation into the refs. My two bobs worth and I stand by what I say.

I have been saying it for years
This is only a scratch on the surface
There should a federal investigation into referees match fixing.
There should an investigation by ICAC
This is the only way to get rid of the evil and corrupted betting !!!
Otherwise...The game is dying the certain but slow DEATH !!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
FROM 2017 NRL Financial Report:
We value the support of leading companies including Telstra, partner of the NRL Telstra Premiership, Finals and Grand Final, in addition to major partners SportsBet, Carlton & United Breweries, Holden and Harvey Norman.

The NRL’s partnership with Australia’s number one online wagering platform, SportsBet, continued to drive interest in the game while leading the way in the promotion of responsible gambling. SportsBet increased its share of the Rugby League market by 5% in 2017.

ON ANOTHER TOPIC... I couldn't get over those lips in the video. Reminded me of Quagmires Dad in Family Guy.

upload_2018-7-10_14-41-30.png

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WWE.
And the meatheads in NRL management cant understand why the game is dying.
Peter Beatie cant even distinguish between a Newcastle jersey to a Barcelona jersey.

Anyways, good luck Belgium tonight.....

Status
Not open for further replies.