The Rebuild

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Coaching aside after 18 rounds I think the coach has got the rebuild wrong.. the players he has recruited for key positions will not be the ones we can build a club around..

Our big recruit Napa is not the player we can build a pack around.. Players like JMK, Cogger and Meaney are not going to be the crucial spine players we can build a team around..

I know the season is not over, but comparing these guys to successful up n coming players weve had of past years, they arent anywhere near the same level in the first year in FG..

Patience to an extent is important but also a decision has to be made.. other clubs are far less patient especially with players in critical positions..

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We don't need a rebuild, we need a reset!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
JMK, Cogger, Meaney and Crichton were cheap. They were given an opportunity because of our salary cap restrictions (3/4 of them had played NRL afaik). If they did a good job or showed potential then there would of been a chance that we didn't have to sign a more expensive player for that position in the future.
Napa is a flop. Yes, I agree with that.
DWZ (even if it's Wing or Centre in the future) and CHN have been/are good signings, they're standouts in our team anyways.
It's hard to judge anyone in our team, including the younger players, because there is almost no talent in the side (compared to other teams), we're not expected to win any games. Even towards the end with Des we weren't scoring any points and we have a way worse squad now then we did back then. We were/are so far over the salary cap that we couldn't replace the players that we let go. I'm not saying it's going to happen, I'm just using it for e.g., but I guarantee you that if we signed both of the Trbojevic brothers and just added them 2 only to our team everyone else would improve/look better immediately. We need marquee players, 2021 is the season where we can be competitive again.

Last edited:

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah the Napa signing is baffling

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need to rebuild the coaching team

Then blow up the roster