The Real Outcomes of BLM

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’d need to see more evidence before convincing myself one way or the other. I didn’t say I believed the interpretation, I simply said it’s another possible interpretation.

We’ve already seen political prosecutions like the one in Atlanta after Rayshard Brooks drove drunk, resisted arrest, assaulted police, stole a taser and then fired at police....only for the police to be charged for shooting him dead.
He fired 10 rounds blind into an apartment while standing outside a window with its blinds drawn. There is no grey area. It is absurd of you to even suggest it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What charges were they?

I totally agree that the US warrant application process and the execution process are heavily flawed. Like its mind boggling how much power they have with so little accountability (warrants).

But for those expecting manslaughter/murder charges. Need to forget the reasons behind the warrant, need to forget the entry or who the people were or were not. Thats all for the coroner to make recommendations on the monumental fuck up. To prove murder, the prosecutors would need alot more to prove intent of an individual than the fuck ups of a system.

And yes. The guy only fired one bullet. But for those who have never been in a situation where there are multiple gun shots in a small room. You can't tell where the gun shots are coming from. I highly doubt. In those 2, maybe 3 seconds of shooting, that any officer there would realise the guy had stopped shooting.
It's definitely not murder. Manslaughter potentially. They actually mentioned that it would likely have been manslaughter but they can't prove that the charged officer was the one who killed her.

The charge was for wilful neglect of human life. Basically there was a window with curtains and no way to see inside. When the shooting started the officer started shooting into the window/curtains even though he couldn't see what he was shooting at.

But no manslaughter charge as it may have been the other officers bullets that hit her. But he has been indicted of wilful neglect for human life.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe I just read a report claiming the ballistics report had identified who fired the killing shot. It was apparently Cosgrove, not Hankison. How can they determine this, but not whether one of Hankison's bullets hit the victim? Also it appears this ballistics report puts to bed the defence that they can not determine who killed her. I guess the only thing standing in the way of murder charges is the legal right of the police to plead self defence, whereas a civilian would not be able to?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He fired 10 rounds blind into an apartment while standing outside a window with its blinds drawn. There is no grey area. It is absurd of you to even suggest it.
You're saying it wrong. You're meant to say, "picture this. An officer shoots randomly into an apartment when he can't see what he's shooting at and there's a family in there. BTW, they're white"

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I don’t know all the details yet. I was open about this and said I need to read further.

I then offered one scenario where charges may have been laid to prevent further mob violence. I believe that’s already happened so it’s not an absurd suggestion.

I’m open to there having been some police negligence. However from what I’ve read and understood so far, racism had nothing to do with the shooting.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's definitely not murder. Manslaughter potentially. They actually mentioned that it would likely have been manslaughter but they can't prove that the charged officer was the one who killed her.

The charge was for wilful neglect of human life. Basically there was a window with curtains and no way to see inside. When the shooting started the officer started shooting into the window/curtains even though he couldn't see what he was shooting at.

But no manslaughter charge as it may have been the other officers bullets that hit her. But he has been indicted of wilful neglect for human life.
Wait.... that individual officer is fuked. I didnt know that. Reckless at a minimum. Manslaughter would definately fit if his bullets hit. DEFINATELY some type of charge though

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wait.... that individual officer is fuked. I didnt know that. Reckless at a minimum. Manslaughter would definately fit if his bullets hit. DEFINATELY some type of charge though
Yep....incidentally, there were three people in the neighbouring apartment he blindly fired into - including a pregnant woman and a 5 year old kid. Yet it took 100 days for us to even see an indictment.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I read where it wasnt even the correct address...let alone where police were supposed to have seen the ex boyfriend suspected drug dealer?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I read where it wasnt even the correct address...let alone where police were supposed to have seen the ex boyfriend suspected drug dealer?
Nah, that was a false claim. It was the correct address and Breonna Taylor's name was on the warrant. Having said that, she was only on the warrant because the suspect was her ex boyfriend and had been seen picking up packages from her address. The local postal inspector had been asked to inspect whether these packages were suspicious and had concluded they were not. Her ex has said he was having clothes delivered to her apartment because he was worried they would be stolen if he ordered them to his own address. No evidence to suggest she was in any way involved in drug deals and she was a soft suspect. Why they needed to obtain a no knock warrant or break down her door when the "evidence" against her was so tenuous is completely beyond me.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No
Nah, that was a false claim. It was the correct address and Breonna Taylor's name was on the warrant. Having said that, she was only on the warrant because the suspect was her ex boyfriend and had been seen picking up packages from her address. The local postal inspector had been asked to inspect whether these packages were suspicious and had concluded they were not. Her ex has said he was having clothes delivered to her apartment because he was worried they would be stolen if he ordered them to his own address. No evidence to suggest she was in any way involved in drug deals and she was a soft suspect. Why they needed to obtain a no knock warrant or break down her door when the "evidence" against her was so tenuous is completely beyond me.
Wild West over there.

I just read this on BBC after todays police charges

"Ben Crump, a high-profile lawyer for the Taylor family, said the outcome was "outrageous and offensive".

Officials this month agreed to pay her family $12m (£9.3m) in a settlement.

Asked for his reaction to the decision, Mr Trump told a White House news conference: "I thought it was really brilliant."

He praised Kentucky's attorney general, who addressed the Republican party convention last month, for "doing a fantastic job".

"I think he's a star," he said, adding that he approved of the Kentucky governor's decision to send in the National Guard."

The Don always find the right words to unite the nation and keep things calm. Whata guy.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No

Wild West over there.

"Ben Crump, a high-profile lawyer for the Taylor family, said the outcome was "outrageous and offensive".

Asked for his reaction to the decision, Mr Trump told a White House news conference: "I thought it was really brilliant."

He praised Kentucky's attorney general, who addressed the Republican party convention last month, for "doing a fantastic job".

"I think he's a star," he said, adding that he approved of the Kentucky governor's decision to send in the National Guard."

The Don always find the right words to unite the nation and keep things calm. Whata guy.
Yep, the Russians are so lucky to have him.

Seriously, he's a deranged nut case.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No

Wild West over there.

Stop taking him out of context.

If black people accepted their place as slaves there wouldn't be all this problem.

Is my imitation of dicksucker accurate enough?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Not 100% sure if this is legit, but it certainly seems to be legit on face value.

Comes across as quite Damning for Breonna Taylor.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not 100% sure if this is legit, but it certainly seems to be legit on face value.

Comes across as quite Damning for Breonna Taylor.

Haha. Tatum Report. I'm sure it's legit 'cause that guy is totally legit /sarcasm

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The overall issues seem to be these:

- Separate issue is whether Breonna Taylor was involved in drug dealing and drugs generally.
- Ethics of no knock warrants
- Did police announce themselves when they got to the house
- Who shot first
- Was it reasonable for police to defend themselves with lethal force when they entered
- How many shots was reasonable for the police to discharge in response to a lethal threat

The first and most obvious point is that a Grand Jury of ordinary citizens who had all the evidence presented to them did not find that murder or manslaughter charges should be made against the police officers. The grand jury were presented with all of the evidence of the case (which we as outsiders have not yet seen). So it would seem reasonable to place a great deal of weight on the Grand Jury decision. It would appear the evidence does not support the many allegations against the 3 cops.

Was Breonna Taylor involved in drugs:? There is a leaked police report which shows that Breonna Taylor received 26 phone calls in 2 days from Jamarcus Glover (a prison inmate and her ex boyfriend). Jamarcus was arrested the same morning Breonna was shot and he was found with cocaine, marijuana, assorted pills and cash. There seems to have been reasonable suspicion that Breonna was also involved in the drug trafficking as well This is not to say that she was trafficking drugs, but there appears to be reasonable suspicion based on the police surveillance.

No knock warrants:
IMO no knock warrants seem a risky warrant to use. If you turn up to someones house and kick down the door without announcing yourself, you're likely just going to have them shoot you.

Did police announce: There is conflicting evidence whether the police did or didn't announce themselves when they got to the house. There is evidence supporting their claims, and also other evidence which contradicts it.

Who shot first: It was confirmed that Walker shot first (Walker admitted to it).

Reasonable for police to defend themselves?: IMO it would seem reasonable that if someone shoots at a police officer(s), the police officers involved are going to shoot back at the target to defend their lives

How many shots was reasonable for the police to discharge?: I haven't seen any diagrams of the apartment, but given it was dark, the police would seem within their rights to shoot until they believed the target was either incapacitated or the threat had ceased. It seems like Breonna was accidentally caught in the cross fire.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Haha. Tatum Report. I'm sure it's legit 'cause that guy is totally legit /sarcasm
I don't know much about Brandom Tatum (Don't follow him or listen to him etc) but I obviously know he seems to be a conservative commentator.

Having read through the doco, it seems that there is far too much evidence that is consistent with other independent media reports, and surveillance images etc for it to be fake. It appears to be a genuine leak.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Glover called her 48 times in one night from prison, apparently. My first thought is he’s a stage five clinger, my second thought is I hope they sent him the phone bill.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
This is why it's important to look past the person leaking a doco / making a comment. They may actually be telling the truth.

Other media sources have confirmed the 39 page report was indeed leaked: