The Real Outcomes of BLM

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Point 2 kinda sounds like you're against people defending the oppressed unless they're oppressed themselves.

I'm sure it wasn't your intention but that's how it comes across.

Is any Victorian allowed to criticise the Victorian government for oppressing its citizens if that person isn't being oppressed by the Victorian government?

Are we allowed to criticise the NSW government if we aren't oppressed by their messed up policies?
No he wants minorities to know their place and stfu.

He believes minorities are ungrateful and should be happy with some of authorities unjust crackdowns on them.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
By the way I also see dawgfather has gone down the route of blm protestors not being arrested.

Are you Michael mccormack? Who's bullshit got questioned and shut down.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Point 2 kinda sounds like you're against people defending the oppressed unless they're oppressed themselves.

I'm sure it wasn't your intention but that's how it comes across.

Is any Victorian allowed to criticise the Victorian government for oppressing its citizens if that person isn't being oppressed by the Victorian government?

Are we allowed to criticise the NSW government if we aren't oppressed by their messed up policies?
I’m cool with anyone voicing their opinion, but it’s a bit rich when guys like lebron James and Colin K attempt to say the country that gave them more opportunity than any other on the face of the world is somehow an awful murderous and oppressive place whilst simultaneously standing up for a country like China who actively engaged in human rights abuses.

funny that - NBA relies enormously on Chinese revenue and all of a sudden lebron and co won’t say boo.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m cool with anyone voicing their opinion, but it’s a bit rich when guys like lebron James and Colin K attempt to say the country that gave them more opportunity than any other on the face of the world is somehow an awful murderous and oppressive place whilst simultaneously standing up for a country like China who actively engaged in human rights abuses.

funny that - NBA relies enormously on Chinese revenue and all of a sudden lebron and co won’t say boo.
Did they stand up for China?

I don't think they actively boycotted China but I don't think they stood up for China. I know one of the Rockets players spoke out in support of China but I don't think LeBron did.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Did they stand up for China?

I don't think they actively boycotted China but I don't think they stood up for China. I know one of the Rockets players spoke out in support of China but I don't think LeBron did.
Lebron James has a net worth of $450m. The oppression runs strong.

I'm simply pointing out that when Darryl Morey (Houston Rockets GM) posted a tweet in support of democracy in Hong Kong he was slammed, and forced to disown his own comments by the NBA.

At the time Lebron James came out and said:

Lebron James said:
I dont want to get into a word or sentence feud with Darryl Morrey but I believe he wasn't educated on the situation at hand and he spoke, and so many people could have been harmed financially, emotionally, physically or spiritually. So just be careful what we tweet and say and do even though yes we have freedom of speech but there can be a lot of negative that comes with that too."
lol, this coming from Lebron James who is the biggest political activist when it comes to the US Government and when it comes to "Black lives matter".

But if you post a tweet in support of democracy in a far off country, you will be lectured to by a man who earned $450m playing a sport, and has the nerve to lecture you about 'oppression'.

At the time when Lebron made the comments, he was starring in a new movie "Space Jam 2". The movie is expected to do big business in China but only if the Chinese government 'permits it' to be released there.

Guess what the Chinese govt hates? Criticism.

Guess what happens to people who criticise the chinese government? They generally 'disappear' (if they live in China), or if they are overseas, they are generally unable to do any further business with chinese businesses.

Guess what Lebron wants most? Business with the Chinese government through the NBA deal and other arrangements he has (such as space jam 2).

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lebron James has a net worth of $450m. The oppression runs strong.

I'm simply pointing out that when Darryl Morey (Houston Rockets GM) posted a tweet in support of democracy in Hong Kong he was slammed, and forced to disown his own comments by the NBA.

At the time Lebron James came out and said:

lol, this coming from Lebron James who is the biggest political activist when it comes to the US Government and when it comes to "Black lives matter".

But if you post a tweet in support of democracy in a far off country, you will be lectured to by a man who earned $450m playing a sport, and has the nerve to lecture you about 'oppression'.

At the time when Lebron made the comments, he was starring in a new movie "Space Jam 2". The movie is expected to do big business in China but only if the Chinese government 'permits it' to be released there.

Guess what the Chinese govt hates? Criticism.

Guess what happens to people who criticise the chinese government? They generally 'disappear' (if they live in China), or if they are overseas, they are generally unable to do any further business with chinese businesses.

Guess what Lebron wants most? Business with the Chinese government through the NBA deal and other arrangements he has (such as space jam 2).
I agree with you about his comments on the Morey tweet. That was clearly Lebron trying to protect his interests (and those of his colleagues.) It is highly possible he was more concerned about the situations of peers who weren't as wealthy as he is, or anywhere near as likely to find advertising revenue and other ways to supplement their income. The world is full of hypocrisy and double standards, you don't need to look any further than Trump the President of law and Order (unless laws are made by state governors or disadvantage members of his supporter base) for evidence of that. See, if you want to divert from the issue being discussed, two can play at that game!

But let's go back to the issue at hand. You are essentially saying Lebron James and other players are wrong for expressing their opinions about problems with the system because they have personally profited from it. That's a ridiculous argument. Just because Lebron is loaded now, doesn't mean he didn't endure hardship growing up, or come to understand the impact of systemic disadvantage. Just because he's doing great now doesn't mean he wasn't raised by a single mother struggling to make ends meet, or that he didn't know many people who struggled to break deeply entrenched systems of poverty. Just because his exceptional athletic abilities allowed him to break that cycle does not mean he should forget about all those who did not.

Free speech is all about being able to criticise that which you do not like about a system, regardless of how successful or unsuccessful you may be on a personal level. To go briefly back to the Trump example, he launched his political career on the platform of criticising an establishment that was extremely beneficial to him on a personal level. Why should Lebron James bite his tongue every time he wants to make a socio-political criticism just because he is rich and successful, while rich white men speak with impunity? Why should the exception be called out for hypocrisy, but not the rule? It seems you are more critical of what Lebron says because it makes you uncomfortable. The attitude of 'Hey Buddy, you're doing well, so just shut your mouth and go stuff that basket' is pretty clear in its implications - some people have no problem with black people being successful, so long as there aren't too many of them and so long as they stay in line like good little tokenistic super capitalist success stories.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with you about his comments on the Morey tweet....that was clearly Lebron trying to protect his interests (and those of his colleagues) in that instance..... although it's highly possible he was more concerned about the situations of peers who aren't as wealthy as he is.... or anywhere near as likely to find advertising revenue and other ways to supplement their income. The world is full of hypocrisy and double standards... you don't need to look any further than the Trump the President of law and Order (unless laws are made by state governors or disadvantage members of his supporter base) for evidence of that...... See, if you want to divert from the issue being discussed, two can play at that game!

But let's go back to the issue at hand. You are essentially saying Lebron James and other players are wrong for expressing their opinions about problems with the system because they have personally profited from it. That's a ridiculous argument.... just because Lebron is loaded now, doesn't mean he didn't endure hardship growing up, or come to understand the impact of systemic disadvantage. Just because he's doing great now doesn't mean he wasn't raised by a single mother struggling to make ends meet....or that he didn't know many people who struggled to break deeply entrenched systems of poverty. Just because his exceptional athletic abilities allowed him to break that cycle does not mean he should forget about all those who did not.

Free speech is all about being able to criticise that which you do not like about a system, regardless of how successful or unsuccessful you may be on a personal level. To go briefly back to the Trump example, he launched his political career on the platform of criticising an establishment that was extremely beneficial to him on a personal level. Why should Lebron James bite his tongue every time he wants to make a socio-political criticism just because he is rich and successful, while rich white men speak with impunity? Why should the exception be called out for hypocrisy, but not the rule? It seems you are more uncomfortable about what Lebron says because it makes you uncomfortable.... the attitude of 'Hey Buddy, you're doing well, so just shut your mouth and go stuff that basket' is pretty clear in its implications - some people have no problem with black people being successful, so long as there aren't too many of them and so long as they stay in line like good little tokenistic super capitalist success stories.
^^^

This summed up my response. I don't need to say anything more.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with you about his comments on the Morey tweet....that was clearly Lebron trying to protect his interests (and those of his colleagues) in that instance..... although it's highly possible he was more concerned about the situations of peers who aren't as wealthy as he is.... or anywhere near as likely to find advertising revenue and other ways to supplement their income. The world is full of hypocrisy and double standards... you don't need to look any further than the Trump the President of law and Order (unless laws are made by state governors or disadvantage members of his supporter base) for evidence of that...... See, if you want to divert from the issue being discussed, two can play at that game!

But let's go back to the issue at hand. You are essentially saying Lebron James and other players are wrong for expressing their opinions about problems with the system because they have personally profited from it. That's a ridiculous argument.... just because Lebron is loaded now, doesn't mean he didn't endure hardship growing up, or come to understand the impact of systemic disadvantage. Just because he's doing great now doesn't mean he wasn't raised by a single mother struggling to make ends meet....or that he didn't know many people who struggled to break deeply entrenched systems of poverty. Just because his exceptional athletic abilities allowed him to break that cycle does not mean he should forget about all those who did not.

Free speech is all about being able to criticise that which you do not like about a system, regardless of how successful or unsuccessful you may be on a personal level. To go briefly back to the Trump example, he launched his political career on the platform of criticising an establishment that was extremely beneficial to him on a personal level. Why should Lebron James bite his tongue every time he wants to make a socio-political criticism just because he is rich and successful, while rich white men speak with impunity? Why should the exception be called out for hypocrisy, but not the rule? It seems you are more uncomfortable about what Lebron says because it makes you uncomfortable.... the attitude of 'Hey Buddy, you're doing well, so just shut your mouth and go stuff that basket' is pretty clear in its implications - some people have no problem with black people being successful, so long as there aren't too many of them and so long as they stay in line like good little tokenistic super capitalist success stories.
His traditional tactic of diverting to a cherry picked data/example is all too common. Known tactic of disingenuous conservatives

And lastly you hit the nail on the head with this
the attitude of 'Hey Buddy, you're doing well, so just shut your mouth and go stuff that basket' is pretty clear in its implications - some people have no problem with black people being successful, so long as there aren't too many of them and so long as they stay in line like good little tokenistic super capitalist success stories.
This is a KNOWN argument point of RACISTS, they use this over and over again and knowingly use even after they've been proven wrong over and over agaim.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
His traditional tactic of diverting to a cherry picked data/example is all too common. Known tactic of disingenuous conservatives

And lastly you hit the nail on the head with this

This is a KNOWN argument point of RACISTS, they use this over and over again and knowingly use even after they've been proven wrong over and over agaim.
Yep...they need their success stories so they can sweep the problems of the less fortunate under the rug. Tokenism 1010.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
But let's go back to the issue at hand. You are essentially saying Lebron James and other players are wrong for expressing their opinions about problems with the system because they have personally profited from it. That's a ridiculous argument.
No, this is not my argument.

I have no issues with people making an argument along a line that helps them profit it from it. I am against people doing this without declaring what they have to gain.

I'm also against the double standard of Lebron claiming people should be 'very careful' when making political points, but then running his mouth non stop about US domestic politics.

I have no issue with him being political 100% of the time, but at least be consistent.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No, this is not my argument.

I have no issues with people making an argument along a line that helps them profit it from it. I am against people doing this without declaring what they have to gain.

I'm also against the double standard of Lebron claiming people should be 'very careful' when making political points, but then running his mouth non stop about US domestic politics.

I have no issue with him being political 100% of the time, but at least be consistent.
If you re-read his statement, his comments were pretty measured and diplomatic and he DID state what he - or more specifically the NBA had to gain from diplomacy on the China/ Hong Kong issue. "...so many people could have been harmed financially, emotionally, physically or spiritually. " That is crystal clear and it's taken straight from the quote you shared yourself.

You really haven't addressed my question about why you are calling out his lack of consistency, while constantly letting the lack of consistency of Trump and others you agree with on many issues go through to the keeper. I stand my my initial reply 100 percent and don't really think there's much to add. Who are you to question the consistency of others when your own arguments lack it?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
If you re-read his statement, his comments were pretty measured and diplomatic and he DID state what he - or more specifically the NBA had to gain from diplomacy on the China/ Hong Kong issue. "...so many people could have been harmed financially, emotionally, physically or spiritually. " That is crystal clear and it's taken straight from the quote you shared yourself.
This is my exact point. Why is Lebron so measured, cautious and unwilling to talk about Chinese government political issues and human rights abuses whilst being happy to run his mouth non stop/post online/conduct media interviews non stop about US politics without any measure or caution.

You really haven't addressed my question about why you are calling out his lack of consistency, while constantly letting the lack of consistency of Trump and others you agree with on many issues go through to the keeper. I stand my my initial reply 100 percent and don't really think there's much to add. Who are you to question the consistency of others when your own arguments lack it?
What are the specific questions about Trump RE: consistency. Happy to chat through them.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This is my exact point. Why is Lebron so measured, cautious and unwilling to talk about Chinese government political issues and human rights abuses whilst being happy to run his mouth non stop/post online/conduct media interviews non stop about US politics without any measure or caution.

What are the specific questions about Trump RE: consistency. Happy to chat through them.
Run his mouth? Lol wow, tell us what you really think. Probably because he feels a deeper personal connection to the issue of systemic racial inequality in his own country and it's a problem he has a deeper understanding of? That shouldn't be any great shock, people are often most passionate and critical of issues that hit closest to home. That's just basic human psychology.

I have already made two of the inconsistencies I was referring to very clear.... and I shouldn't really need to point them out.....but if you require elaboration:

* He calls himself the president of law and order but has openly incited his supporters living in democratic states to ignore state laws relating to lockdowns, social distancing and mail in ballots....going as far as to openly encourage his supporters to attempt to vote twice in order to "test the system". He has openly defended the lawless actions of Kyle Rittenhouse while condemning the illegal acts of rioters and looters. That's not even touching on the very strong insinuations of illegal conduct by his administration by Robert Mueller.

* He calls himself a patriot yet is happy to belittle and demean veterans as he did with John McCain when he (a known draft dodger) criticised the latter for getting captured....that's not even touching on recent allegations of similar comments which have not been proven or disproven.

* He based his whole initial election campaign on the pretense of "draining the swamp" despite the fact he had been drinking from that swamp his entire professional career.

* He is constantly critical of the media misrepresenting him while he is happy to make false or misleading claims which misrepresent others ie his recent claim that Biden had failed to condemn violent acts by far left groups. Biden clearly condemned violence of any kind. It is Trump who has failed to condemn violence from both sides.

I'm sure I could point out many more if I had the time to think about it. The truth is Trump is a walking poster boy for hypocrisy and inconsistency. If you are thinking critically, it really should not take me to point that out to you.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He is constantly critical of the media misrepresenting him while he is happy to make false or misleading claims which misrepresent others ie his recent claim that Biden had failed to condemn violent acts by far left groups. Biden clearly condemned violence of any kind. It is Trump who has failed to condemn violence from both sides.
Bravo sir.. A classic!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Run his mouth? Lol wow, tell us what you really think. Probably because he feels a deeper personal connection to the issue of systemic racial inequality in his own country and it's a problem he has a deeper understanding of? That shouldn't be any great shock, people are often most passionate and critical of issues that hit closest to home. That's just basic human psychology.

I have already made two of the inconsistencies I was referring to very clear.... and I shouldn't really need to point them out.....but if you require elaboration:

* He calls himself the president of law and order but has openly incited his supporters living in democratic states to ignore state laws relating to lockdowns, social distancing and mail in ballots....going as far as to openly encourage his supporters to attempt to vote twice in order to "test the system". He has openly defended the lawless actions of Kyle Rittenhouse while condemning the illegal acts of rioters and looters. That's not even touching on the very strong insinuations of illegal conduct by his administration by Robert Mueller.

* He calls himself a patriot yet is happy to belittle and demean veterans as he did with John McCain when he (a known draft dodger) criticised the latter for getting captured....that's not even touching on recent allegations of similar comments which have not been proven or disproven.

* He based his whole initial election campaign on the pretense of "draining the swamp" despite the fact he had been drinking from that swamp his entire professional career.

* He is constantly critical of the media misrepresenting him while he is happy to make false or misleading claims which misrepresent others ie his recent claim that Biden had failed to condemn violent acts by far left groups. Biden clearly condemned violence of any kind. It is Trump who has failed to condemn violence from both sides.

I'm sure I could point out many more if I had the time to think about it. The truth is Trump is a walking poster boy for hypocrisy and inconsistency. If you are thinking critically, it really should not take me to point that out to you.
Mate don't waste your time. He's a disingenuous racist asshole who "tries" to play himself as the reason of balance. These points have been made ad nausea to him and he's been proven wrong multiple times but yet he still spouts the far right bullshit he listens to from bolt Carlson or jones

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Run his mouth? Lol wow, tell us what you really think. Probably because he feels a deeper personal connection to the issue of systemic racial inequality in his own country
So much inequality that he's praised by millions of fans for playing a sport and has earned hundreds of millions of dollars.

No need for the drama, I'm always willing to discuss anything, nothing is off the table.

Can you provide the exact quotes so we can discuss properly. I don't doubt he's said things to this effect but context is important and so are the exact words.

I disagreed with Trump's language when he spoke about McCain in that fashion.

It's true one of his key campaign messages was drain the swamp. I think it was a good political slogan because most of america was (and still is) fed up with being lectured to by elites (like Lebron James, Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinon ... the list goes on) who have benefited enormously from the the "DC way of life" but then at the same time have lectured small town americans about how racist they are or how little they know about climate change etc etc.

Trump doesn't get blamed for the benefits he's received because he openly spent the entire campaign telling people (in exact words) about how he benefited from the crazy rules and how he absolutely took advantage of all the rules (in accordance with the way they were written) but that he thought those rules were unfair. His point was that he was/is a business man. Business men make profits based on rules set by the govt. He was never a politican while he was a business man so he simply went by the rules presented to him.

Agree, Trump has a loose mouth. This works in his favour but also against him sometimes. Some people prefer a President who speaks their mind because it means you know exactly what he truly thinks, instead of a president who has carefully crafted speeches which don't annoy any political donors and special interests groups.

It is true that Biden, Harris and all the most senior democrats failed to condem the rallies. In fact in many instances they encouraged the rioting and looting, as follows:
Nancy Pelosi said:
I just don't even know why there aren't uprisings all over the country - maybe there will be
Ayana Presley said:
There needs to be unrest in the streets as long as there is unrest in our lives
CHris Cuomo said:
Show me where it says protests are supposed to be polite and peaceful
Eric Holder said:
When they go low - we kick them
Maxine waters said:
If you see anyone from that cabinet in a restaurant, in a gasoline station - you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they are not welcome anymore anywhere
Eric Holder said:
When they go low - we kick them
And then all of a sudden the calls to stop the violence suddenly started at the end of August when focus groups started showing that 'normal people' were sick of the violence and democrat cities being turned to rubble:

Don Lemon said:
But guess what, the rioting has to stop - Chris as you know and I know, it's showing up in the polling - it's showing up in the focus groups
So the only interest in stopping the rioting was because they want to win the election - and nothing to do with actually improving anyones lives.

I agree Trump has his flaws.