The "R U OK ?" Thread

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thanks guys, just waiting for a blood test before the x-rays.

PS it's cold this morning and it feels like I just got stabbed in the chest with a frozen sword lol or an ice blast from Sub Zero lol

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shouldn't take long to get the blood results, they should rush them through.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Shouldn't take long to get the blood results, they should rush them through.
Not worried about the bloods.

They don't print xrays anymore and they get sent to the GP.

And my GP is a lost **** that I only use to fill scripts.

I have a feeling ill end up at St Vincent's to do all these tests again...

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not worried about the bloods.

They don't print xrays anymore and they get sent to the GP.

And my GP is a lost **** that I only use to fill scripts.

I have a feeling ill end up at St Vincent's to do all these tests again...
Hope they send the results today.

My GP & I am still waiting for my discharge papers from 2 months ago.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They reckon the doctor will have the results in 24 hours, not confident he will know how to read them lol
Far out, how old is your Dr.

Can you go to another Dr from the same medical centre.

Ask for a print out of the results & read them yourself.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Far out, how old is your Dr.

Can you go to another Dr from the same medical centre.

Ask for a print out of the results & read them yourself.
I have to go to the GP on Friday for the results. I'm not a professor but FMD you have to wonder about "GPs" these days, especially when you have to tell them what's needed to be done to diagnose the problem.

I can see it now, he will have NFI and I'll do this all again with St Vincent's.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
All the best Kayhi and hopefully it's a quick and simple procedure, in and out.
Quick or long im up for it khay.... the pain gets so much worse at night.

What I'm feeling now is someone has stabbed me with a sword through my sternum and the sword has come out my back in between my shoulder blades and the pain is travelling down my whole spine to my legs and the back of my arms.

All I can say is thank God He blessed me with an extremely high pain threshold otherwise I would of OD'ed on opiate pain klillers by now

Last edited:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got word yesterday that my cousin’s mrs is in palliative care with liver and kidney cancer. She’d be in her 50s. My emotions have been fucked up since. She’s not much older than me so it’s just another wake up call how fragile life can be, even at a relatively young age. An old friend that was only a couple of years older than me, died a few months back too.

I already worry about dying enough, but hearing this stuff makes it so much worse ffs. All I could think about last night was this poor woman and my cousin’s family. I want to reach out but that makes me anxious too. I haven’t seen or talked to him in 5 years or something.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All I can say is thank God He blessed me with an extremely high pain threshold otherwise I would of OD'ed on opiate pain klillers by now
Wish I had a high pain threshold.

The nerve ending pain with me is always there. It gets quite depressing.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Got word yesterday that my cousin’s mrs is in palliative care with liver and kidney cancer. She’d be in her 50s. My emotions have been fucked up since. She’s not much older than me so it’s just another wake up call how fragile life can be, even at a relatively young age. An old friend that was only a couple of years older than me, died a few months back too.

I already worry about dying enough, but hearing this stuff makes it so much worse ffs. All I could think about last night was this poor woman and my cousin’s family. I want to reach out but that makes me anxious too. I haven’t seen or talked to him in 5 years or something.
Sorry to hear that my bro.

With reaching out, I suggest you call and/or leave a message. When it comes to health matters, im sure your cousin would welcome your call.

I'll pray for them and for you too. God bless you all.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wish I have a high pain threshold.

Being a man, I thought I was extra tough when they told me that lol

But its actually better to have low or normal rather than high or extremely high as we do more damage before we realise we have done damage.

100% whatever this back/rib cage bullshit is, I bet you it's been damaged months ago.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wish I have a high pain threshold.

PS how do they "treat" nerve pain? They have guessed itself either the rib cage opening (my first guess), arthritis in my back or nerve damage.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
PS how do they "treat" nerve pain? They have guessed itself either the rib cage opening (my first guess), arthritis in my back or nerve damage.
They can't.

GP told me, I will probably have it for life now.

When I am bored, I push the scar & you can feel the space where I was cracked open. lol

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Just send them a message, saying if there is anything you can do for them.

I only worry about suffering before falling off the perch.