The "R U OK ?" Thread

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel for you Kambah. There is nothing worse in this world than watching the deterioration of one of your loved ones into that deep well of hopelessness which is dementia. It is like watching a light slowly go out , the faculties dimming and disappearing whilst the loved one struggles with the indignity of it all. I know what it is like to see a once vibrant and intelligent person withdraw from the world bit by bit whilst you stand by just as helpless and clueless as they are. One time when my Dad was in hospital after an episode, lying in an unconscious state I held his hand and told him that it was all okay if he let go and exit this world in a more graceful way in which he was existing in it. We did lose him a year or two after that and this NYE past would have been his 100th birthday if he had lived. Never once did I not tel him that I loved him and I never begrudged having to
Don't think poorly of yourself in thinking of the assisted dying route as you yourself feel that the person is better off not having to slowly and inevitably disappear from this world bit by bit.
If your wife is the person that I think she is ( who could live with someone who supports the Roosters unless they truly and unconditionally care)she will pretty much be on the same page as you and would not think any less of you for the thoughts you are having. You obviously love her and don't want to see her as she as now....memories of the past when the person is fully cognitive are more comforting for us...

Talk it over and hang in there...

Brilliant advice thank you.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm not ok, far from it.

Just got word that one of my best players and the nicest boy has just died tragically.

His name is Hunter and I loved him like he was my own.

His fucking dad took him hunting on a buggy and the buggy overturned on him and crushed him.

Man Fuck this fucked up world. My heart problems never hurt me like my heart is hurting now.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not ok, far from it.

Just got word that one of my best players and the nicest boy has just died tragically.

His fucking dad took him hunting on a buggy and the buggy overturned on him and crushed him.

Man Fuck this fucked up world. My heart problems never hurt me like my heart is hurting now.
Sorry to hear this Assassin. Nothing harder to deal with than a youngster leaving the world too soon.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this Assassin. Nothing harder to deal with than a youngster leaving the world too soon.
It's just fucked that an old **** like me died 12 times and I'm still fkn here but this sweet, innocent kid is taken away with his whole life ahead of him.

He was so talented as well. I have no doubt he was NRL bound. He oozed natural talent, he even scored a few tries NFL style by jumping over 2 tacklers.

My heart is breaking for his mother. God give her the strenght to get through this.

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's just fucked that an old **** like me died 12 times and I'm still fkn here but this sweet, innocent kid is taken away with his whole life ahead of him.

He was so talented as well. I have no doubt he was NRL bound. He oozed natural talent, he even scored a few tries NFL style by jumping over 2 tacklers.

My heart is breaking for his mother. God give her the strenght to get through this.
Tragic mate and never acceptable with so young. Hang in there, thoughts and strength to you and prayers for the parents.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not ok, far from it.

Terribly sorry to hear Assassin. Life can be cruel sometimes. Hope his family and yourself are doing ok.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Terribly sorry to hear Assassin. Life can be cruel sometimes. Hope his family and yourself are doing ok.
Don't worry about me, I went into ER because I've never had chest pains like do now. Nothing physical wrong but fkn feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest.

That poor family.....

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not ok, far from it.

Such a tragedy mate..... the poor parents would be absolutely beside themselves atm.

Events like this put things into perspective.

I'm looking at my son sleeping whilst writing this. Absolutely heart breaking

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not ok, far from it.

Sorry to hear bro. The pain is so much harder to deal with when its a child. I'm here for a chat whenever.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
PLEASE I beg all you parents love and cherish your kids, make sure they know they are your world And when they know, let them know again and again.
Have heard this sentiment expressed many times. About the only silver lining that such tragedy seems to have is that it reminds us to really hold dear those things that matter most.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not ok, far from it.

I’m so sorry to hear what happen to this very young child.
An absolute tragedy mate I can’t imagine what the parents are going through.
My deepest condolences to all.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
RIP little man. Losing anyone close hurts as I found out recently but when it’s a child it’s another level.

I always think of the Dave Matthews lyrics:
‘You should never have to watch as your own children are lowered into the ground, I mean you should never have to bury your babies’.

My condolences to all who knew Hunter.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So sad to hear. I couldn't even begin to imagine the pain the family are going through.

I personally have always hated recreational ATV's. I know several people who have been badly injured using them and one who has died. I'm a little surprised they haven't been banned in Australia considering that hoverboards and electric scooters are banned.

Best wishes to the family. Horrible thing to go through.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
To put a face to this tragedy really brings it home..
He was such a good boy. My best player and trainer.

It was his first year playing footy, he wanted to quit after 3 games but told his mum he wants to stay because of me.

That was like a shank in my heart when she told me...