The "R U OK ?" Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Im depressed already no games to watch. We need a lingerie woman's league to keep our spirits and other things up.
They brought Lingerie Football League to Australia. Then the Australian women said, "we're not playing in Lingerie, make it a real sport", then the American women said, "damn right! No more Lingerie"

And now it doesn't exist any more. They've changed the name to "Legends Football League" and they stopped playing in Lingerie.

And I'm sure this is completely unrelated but.. Everyone stopped watchin it.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They brought Lingerie Football League to Australia. Then the Australian women said, "we're not playing in Lingerie, make it a real sport", then the American women said, "damn right! No more Lingerie"

And now it doesn't exist any more. They've changed the name to "Legends Football League" and they stopped playing in Lingerie.

And I'm sure this is completely unrelated but.. Everyone stopped watchin it.
Wow i didn't know that, i was wondering what happened to it.
As a punishment to some of our under performers they should have been made to wear lingerie.
Hopefully we get some joy coming our way next year.
When we win it makes us happy for the week ahead.
It's been a depressing few years losing good players and keeping crap and losing.
Onwards and upwards

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hey guys, well the op went brilliantly, back home now after getting the new knee to bend past 90 degrees. Still swollen and stiff, but getting better each day. Even now I feel as though the joint is a massive improvement and more stable than it's been for decades. Thanks for all the well wishes, talk more tomorrow.
Pre-season starts soon @SteveAustin - any chance of donning a tri-colour to help your wounded Chooks?? Good to hear the op went well :-).

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One thing I can't do any more is weddings public speaking fukking kills me.3 times I've been best man at a wedding .and the thought of having to make a speach kills me. I once tried to break my own leg to get out of it. The last one 5 minutes before speeches I had an attack coming on .I bolted into the bathroom and was working out ways to crack my head open so I didn't have to do a speech the the fukking groom got me before I could do anything lol. I made the speech went home and was fukked
sorry, not laughing at you but its funny/relateable

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do not sleep with them on. I used the patches and they help but seriously, do not sleep with them on. Take them off before you go to sleep. They screw with your head.

I had some crazy dreams when I slept with them on. One time I dreamt I was back in school and the school was attached by terrorists. I tried to fight them but I wasn't strong enough. Then I woke up in my room. After a few seconds an alien ran into my room and I realised I was still dreaming, then I was attacked again until I woke up in my room again, then found out I was dreaming again.

This happened about 30 times by which stage I accepted the fact that I was never going to wake up. Scared the heck out of me. When I finally did wake up I sat in bed for about 30 minutes waiting for something to happen.

On the plus side, each sub-dream I was learning to fight and getting stronger. On the last dream I walked up to a cliff and there was an army below me. I flew up into the air and rained fireballs down on them Dragonball Z style. It was pretty cool.

Also, don't drink with them on 'cause you're still going to smoke anyway, you just wake up feeling like you've eaten an ashtray.
this and they kept me awake

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
CRIKEY - ON A LIGHTER NOTE
Rap saves lives — and they’ve got the data to show it. A suicide helpline in the US received nearly 10,000 more calls — that’s a 50% surge – after rapper Logic released his song titled “1-800-273-8255”, the phone number for the service. The study, from the British Medical Journal, also found in the month after the song was released back in 2017, suicide rates for people aged 10 to 19 declined by about 5.5% — equating to 245 lives. Logic was positively beside himself. He told CNN the song came from a warm place in his heart, and to think it actually helped people, well, “that blows my mind”, he says.

The lyrics of the song, which also features Alessia Cara and Khalid, are rather beautiful. “It’s the lightness in the air when you’re there chest to chest with the lover, it’s holding on though the road’s long, and seeing light in the darkest things,” Cara sings in one verse. Logic says he drew upon his own experiences with mental health to craft his message of hope and recovery for all who might need to hear it, and he says the message stands, four years on. “I want you to know you’re going to be so happy,” Logic says in the interview with CNN, “That you continued to thrive and that you continue to work on yourself”.

Hope you start Friday with a little spring in your step — and have a restful weekend ahead.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
CRIKEY - ON A LIGHTER NOTE
Rap saves lives — and they’ve got the data to show it. A suicide helpline in the US received nearly 10,000 more calls — that’s a 50% surge – after rapper Logic released his song titled “1-800-273-8255”, the phone number for the service. The study, from the British Medical Journal, also found in the month after the song was released back in 2017, suicide rates for people aged 10 to 19 declined by about 5.5% — equating to 245 lives. Logic was positively beside himself. He told CNN the song came from a warm place in his heart, and to think it actually helped people, well, “that blows my mind”, he says.

The lyrics of the song, which also features Alessia Cara and Khalid, are rather beautiful. “It’s the lightness in the air when you’re there chest to chest with the lover, it’s holding on though the road’s long, and seeing light in the darkest things,” Cara sings in one verse. Logic says he drew upon his own experiences with mental health to craft his message of hope and recovery for all who might need to hear it, and he says the message stands, four years on. “I want you to know you’re going to be so happy,” Logic says in the interview with CNN, “That you continued to thrive and that you continue to work on yourself”.

Hope you start Friday with a little spring in your step — and have a restful weekend ahead.
It’s the film clip also, pretty deep and quite a powerful tune!
These guys have so much influence, would be great to see more of this type of stuff as the young kids look up to them so much.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Very soon it will be Christmas day and ideally we all would have loved to get together for a big catch up and celebration but it seems that that infernal COVID has caused problems....yet again.

Yes we can have family gatherings but with the big black cloud of the virus once again over us we might need to temper and modify those plans to try and stay as safe as we can.
Mental health is a biggie with this virus and some of our family here on the kennel are not 100% healthy physically or mentally, so the struggle to be as normal as possible is huge.

SO.... a BIG shout out to all my kennel family...it is not ideal that we are having to live life very differently and it puts a massive strain on our well being. To you all.....take what you can get, make the day as good as it can be. If you can't be in the same room as all your loved ones use a phone, use zoom, use Skype...anything is better than no contact.If it takes wearing a mask to be in a big group do so, any one worth their salt would understand that you are doing it out of concern for all.
Different times indeed once again this Christmas.

God bless you all.....I send you hugs and kisses, know that you are loved and appreciated....and remember that there will be the day when we can put this behind us and live the really good life once again.....To all ....Seasons greetings, peace and tranquility, and may those things that bring you joy and love be yours this festive time and all through 2022....

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t post here often, but do read and appreciate the stories. Buried a close friend today who left us the week before Christmas. Not easy, but think she would’ve approved of the send off we gave her - which was much more a celebration of her life than it was sombre. There were as many laughs as there were tears and she would’ve been the first to have a go had it been any other way. Don’t think the time of year made it worse - saying goodbye to those who’ve made a special difference to your life sucks no matter when it is. Even worse when they’re so young and had no business leaving this world so early, but us mere mortals have no control over that. Don’t sweat the small stuff kids and try to keep the glass half full.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t post here often, but do read and appreciate the stories. Buried a close friend today who left us the week before Christmas. Not easy, but think she would’ve approved of the send off we gave her - which was much more a celebration of her life than it was sombre. There were as many laughs as there were tears and she would’ve been the first to have a go had it been any other way. Don’t think the time of year made it worse - saying goodbye to those who’ve made a special difference to your life sucks no matter when it is. Even worse when they’re so young and had no business leaving this world so early, but us mere mortals have no control over that. Don’t sweat the small stuff kids and try to keep the glass half full.
Never a good time to lose someone close to you. Sounds like you're coping well, but condolences to you and all those who were close to her.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Beautiful post .Thank you for sharing...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry to hear.

For a long time I hated Christmas because I lost one of my best friends and one of my other friends lost his kid around Christmas. It just became a reminder of a shit time.

Time makes it better though. And a little while after we buried our mate, we realised that he died owning all of us money. So he got the last laugh.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry to hear.

For a long time I hated Christmas because I lost one of my best friends and one of my other friends lost his kid around Christmas. It just became a reminder of a shit time.

Time makes it better though. And a little while after we buried our mate, we realised that he died owning all of us money. So he got the last laugh.
Thanks mate.
Your story reminded me of the 12th Man doing Kerry Packer playing poker in heaven: ‘Yeah Jesus, I’ll see your million and raise you another million’ :-).

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing that story DD
I would just like to pass on my condolences such a sad situation for everyone.
It really goes to show keeping a positive attitude in life is paramount, try not to let trivial things bother us too much.
Wishing all the best in 2022

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing that story DD
I would just like to pass on my condolences such a sad situation for everyone.
It really goes to show keeping a positive attitude in life is paramount, try not to let trivial things bother us too much.
Wishing all the best in 2022
Thanks @Shire Dog, much appreciated.
She was a constant source of positivity and banter, so is noticeably absent. Those of us left behind can’t change anything, so it’s our job to keep her legacy living through the various things that made her unique. All the best for 2022 to you and yours as well.