The "R U OK ?" Thread

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To everyone out there who is battling some sort of demon, whether it be a physical or a mental one know that there are those here who will listen., those who will ask RUOK?

We should never feel alone, nor feel that we have no where to turn....all life, all people are precious.......

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just realised 4 years ago today I got my heart from a special guy and his family.

God bless him and his family.

PS he would of been 22 this year :(

I hope you don't mind, but no more than a week ago I was speaking to a friend at one of my exercise classes about you after she mentioned one of her closest mates passed due to a cardio problem that at first was considered not too serious but it then became transplant or perish. I told her you were coming close to four years post transplant which she thought was brilliant.

I know those four years have not been exactly plain sailing but you are one tough hombre which you showed in even still being in the fight to get a new heart. Let's hope that health and happiness are yours for many more years to come.....Happy belated fourth birthday to you and a massive thank you to the young man who has given you a second chance.....

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I hope you don't mind, but no more than a week ago I was speaking to a friend at one of my exercise classes about you after she mentioned one of her closest mates passed due to a cardio problem that at first was considered not too serious but it then became transplant or perish. I told her you were coming close to four years post transplant which she thought was brilliant.

I know those four years have not been exactly plain sailing but you are one tough hombre which you showed in even still being in the fight to get a new heart. Let's hope that health and happiness are yours for many more years to come.....Happy belated fourth birthday to you and a massive thank you to the young man who has given you a second chance.....
God bless you Mama, I don't mind if people hear my story, especially if it can help them through their own tough times.

Just got to keep the faith and never back down.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Col.....this has knocked me for a six. I have not frequented the kennel as much of late as in the past and was therefore not aware of any problem with you. I gather from the tone of conversation that this is not a good outlook and for that I am truly saddened.

Be positive and fight the good fight as I know you will my friend. Life is precious, but it is not the measure of time you have on this ball of dirt but what you do with it. I know from past conversations that you are a realist, calling a spade a spade, but if anything you have a great outlook on things and that is a big positive.
Go forth and do the things you want to do, keep the family close and just give life everything you have.Typical of you to be worried about those around you and that is admirable because you are right to feel that they are doing it just as tough as you.
I know from first hand experience that those feelings on both sides are real but also that they show that both you and your family care and want to have nothing but the best for each other. I have always said that those on the outside looking in know how they feel but they don't know how the person who has been given the prognosis feels. That is the hard part. Be honest and open and have no regrets, be that stubborn old B that won't give in.

I send you all my love and hope that you will outrun this bastard of a disease for a long time to come. Too many good people have left us all to soon.
You're the best my lovely.
1612053609247.png

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just realised 4 years ago today I got my heart from a special guy and his family.

God bless him and his family.

PS he would of been 22 this year :(
A bitter sweet day indeed..I join you in thanking the young man and his family who gave you a second chance at life. I want to personally thank them myself, because they gave me an opportunity to get to know you, be inspired by you, and as such, have the privilege to call you my good friend. Bless him, and bless you, and may you continue to use the gift he has given to you for many years to come. :kissingheart:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A bitter sweet day indeed..I join you in thanking the young man and his family who gave you a second chance at life. I want to personally thank them myself, because they gave me an opportunity to get to know you, be inspired by you, and as such, have the privilege to call you my good friend. Bless him, and bless you, and may you continue to use the gift he has given to you for many years to come. :kissingheart:
Someone cutting onions?

I swear I'm not crying, Sensei.