The "R U OK ?" Thread

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My Mrs has a genetic condition where when she gets pregnant she has a 50% chance that the kid won't survive. You would think 50% is still pretty good odds.

After losing 3 kids to miscarriage, the Mrs got pregnant again a few months back. After much testing and waiting today they confirmed that our 4th child has the same condition and will not survive. That's like flipping a coin and getting tails 4 times in a row.

Bit of a kick in the pants.. Again. But I think it gets easier each time. It's like getting kicked in the nuts until you can no longer feel your nuts.

Oh well. I'm alright. Better luck next time.
Sorry to hear that my bro.

As you know, science can be wrong. The professors all said with the types and amounts of meds I am on would render me sterile, but proved them wrong with my healthy daughter.

Keep practicing ;)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

As you know, science can be wrong. The professors all said with the types and amounts of meds I am on would render me sterile, but proved them wrong with my healthy daughter.

Keep practicing ;)
Cheers brother

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My Mrs has a genetic condition where when she gets pregnant she has a 50% chance that the kid won't survive. You would think 50% is still pretty good odds.

After losing 3 kids to miscarriage, the Mrs got pregnant again a few months back. After much testing and waiting today they confirmed that our 4th child has the same condition and will not survive. That's like flipping a coin and getting tails 4 times in a row.

Bit of a kick in the pants.. Again. But I think it gets easier each time. It's like getting kicked in the nuts until you can no longer feel your nuts.

Sorry to hear Hacky., but as Assassin says science is often wrong..and technological break throughs are always close..

Keep trying though.. because remember what Rodney Dangerfield said… The best Part about kids… Is making them!

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Keep practicing ;)
I knew it balls of steel.. Or is that lead that protects you from radiation!

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How's everyone in Kennel land going?
I've had a bit of a revert the last couple of weeks. Had been 8 weeks off the smokes and only had a few nights on the grog, hitting the gym and was feeling good.
The last couple of weeks though I'd hit the grog a bit more and had a few ciggies, made excuses not to go to the gym etc.
Monday tomorrow, going to start fresh, hit the gym after work and no beers, smokes or anything else for the week!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How's everyone in Kennel land going?
I've had a bit of a revert the last couple of weeks. Had been 8 weeks off the smokes and only had a few nights on the grog, hitting the gym and was feeling good.
The last couple of weeks though I'd hit the grog a bit more and had a few ciggies, made excuses not to go to the gym etc.
Monday tomorrow, going to start fresh, hit the gym after work and no beers, smokes or anything else for the week!
Sounds like my normal week. But without the ciggies. Or the gym.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Sorry to hear bro. Fuck! What a kick in the guts. Having 2 young boys of my own it must be difficult. I know I am truly blessed. God willing man, you will have a baby soon. And when you do, it’s a fucking celebration and you’ll adore and love the kid 100.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sorry to hear bro. Fuck! What a kick in the guts. Having 2 young boys of my own it must be difficult. I know I am truly blessed. God willing man, you will have a baby soon. And when you do, it’s a fucking celebration and you’ll adore and love the kid 100.
Agree my bro.

Nothing exposes your strengths and weaknesses like your kids.