The "R U OK ?" Thread

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Bullshit you have to go through to be just some bloke.
No Australian should suffer this indignity.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its hard brother, especially when I can't take any anti-depressants since they clash with heart meds.

I guess I try not to think about it but it's hard, any little thing reminds me of my old man. I think I haven't grieved over my dad because all the load came on my shoulders being the eldest in the family. I also feel guilty that I haven't grieved yet.

Also I think the fact that I am a father of two gives me a reason to fight and live on.
Sorry to hear about your dad bro

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys life can be a bitch dont give up. I know it sounds easy, I have been dealt a few rough hands through life and battle everyday with losing my vision. Pisses me off every test I go for because most of the damage was caused by being beaten as a kid. I had two fracture eye sockets and they never healed properly and the passages/ducts that lets the fluid from back of the eye out are damaged. this creates high eye pressure, sustained eye pressure can destroy the nerves at the back of your eyes. When nerves die they cant be replaced. I have had multiple surgeries on each eye over the last 2 years and it is depressing know the reason I suffer like this was from my own fathers hands. We all have some tough times, but guys don't give up. If I can continue everyday ( and it is bloody hard) then dig deep. Reach out and find someone who is a good listener , because taking on life's challenges alone is not easy. So many great people on this forum. I'm a good listener if anyone needs to reach out. First step in breaking out of depression is to admit you have a problem, identify the problem and seek a good support group.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Guys life can be a bitch dont give up. I know it sounds easy, I have been dealt a few rough hands through life and battle everyday with losing my vision. Pisses me off every test I go for because most of the damage was caused by being beaten as a kid. I had two fracture eye sockets and they never healed properly and the passages/ducts that lets the fluid from back of the eye out are damaged. this creates high eye pressure, sustained eye pressure can destroy the nerves at the back of your eyes. When nerves die they cant be replaced. I have had multiple surgeries on each eye over the last 2 years and it is depressing know the reason I suffer like this was from my own fathers hands. We all have some tough times, but guys don't give up. If I can continue everyday ( and it is bloody hard) then dig deep. Reach out and find someone who is a good listener , because taking on life's challenges alone is not easy. So many great people on this forum. I'm a good listener if anyone needs to reach out. First step in breaking out of depression is to admit you have a problem, identify the problem and seek a good support group.
Good on you mate, you've got the fighting spirit. Sorry to hear of your abuse as a child, that sickens me to hear that a father can do that to his children.
Yet you offer to help out others that are struggling even though you are facing struggle every day. You're a champ mate, best of luck to you and best wishes.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Great words.. Keep up the fight..

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Life is unfair and having people trying to power trip over you for their fun makes it worse.
Militant madness breeds contempt.
Don't get sad, get mad.
Shit the fookers off.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow. Just came across this thread and am amazed by the stories on it.

Credit to you guys for being so open about your lives, seeking help or helping others. It's really cool the community that you've created and really tip my hat to all of you.

Happy to help any of you at any time. Believe it or not I'm actually a pretty decent bloke and love helping others in their times of need. We all need help at some time in our lives, and that help comes from the strangest of places at times. Happy to be that help.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So its R U OK day again. To everyone on TK, R U OK?

It has been a really tough year for a lot of us. Bushfires, flooding, covid, recession, unemployment, and the many ways these things can effect our personal mental health, our families and relationships.

Remember to take a bit of time to be thankful for little things, and to do what you can realistically do today. We're all in different boats, and today some of us can reach for the stars, while for others of us it is a victory just to get out of bed. Have a chat with the people around you that matter, tell them you care, you love them.

If you or someone you are close to is reaching crisis point because of stress/anxiety or any other reason, remember your first act is to see your GP. Seek help, but don't be afraid to change up your sources of support if not much is happening, even the best psychotherapist in the world is not going to be a good fit for everyone.

Take care out there everyone!

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
GEE-FUKN-ZUZ
Taken me months to be able to get back into the "updated" site - kept telling me I did not have administration rights every time I tried to log in.
OK so there is another reason I haven't been here as well - I am currently locked in a dance off with the Ole Spanish Dancer (Cancer)
Now although "they" (medical experts) have passed the death sentence on me the fools forgot to SET an Execution date so don't expect me to go away anytime soon - that's my diagnosis and I'm sticking with it.
What I really wanted to come on here and say was.......................... KICK the fekking Broncos into the cellar will you?
Great game last night and like Goose Gould I reckon you blokes do not deserve to be where you are - you DESERVE to be around 12 - 14 imo.
Like Psycho said - look after yourselves and DON'T be afraid to ask or look for help if you need it.
Keep laughing people because IF you lose the ability to laugh then you have lost absolutely everything. Which doesn't mean you can't have an off day, have a good cry, rant, rave or meltdown if that is the sort of person you are - BUT - KEEP LAUGHING.
Life is 4 L's - LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE and LEARN.
Love you guys, you have been good for me over the time I have been hanging around here.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone else got the dreaded PTSD-Bipolar combo. Can be really difficult to manage at times.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone else got the dreaded PTSD-Bipolar combo. Can be really difficult to manage at times.
I don't, but I've had to do with quite a few who do. There are some serious comorbidities with that mix, do you mind if I ask what treatments you are using, and what seems to work best?

Also, I really like that you used the word "manage" in this context. I hear a lot of people say "cope", but "manage" sounds a lot more pro-active, and with something like a PTSD-bipolar combo pro-active management is a good mentality.