The "R U OK ?" Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that buddy, sounds like you might be a bit mentally and physically drained. Long as it isn't affecting your depression that's always one bonus. I know myself when I get worn down and an tired my depression can rise it's head. Unfortunately it's a mentally and physically trying time right now for many of us, but we are always here for a chat or a vent. Hope things pick up for you and your wife, and that she is ok.
Cheers Dog. It's harder for her 'cause she just blames herself and I have to keep reassuring her. For me it was a little easier. As bad as it sounds, after the first two I didn't get my hopes up for this one so when it happened I was annoyed, but I also kind of expected it. Still sucks though.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cheers Dog. It's harder for her 'cause she just blames herself and I have to keep reassuring her. For me it was a little easier. As bad as it sounds, after the first two I didn't get my hopes up for this one so when it happened I was annoyed, but I also kind of expected it. Still sucks though.
Yeah understandable, I guess it's because it's her body that she feels that way. My partner was the same after having several miscarriages herself. We were lucky enough to have our first child, then she had a couple of miscarriages, then unexpectedly she fell pregnant and we had our second child. She then miscarriaged again on the next so never got the third one, though that one happened as we were separating so it was probably more of a blessing. You are doing the right thing reassuring your wife, it's not her fault there are so many factors that go into and cause miscarriages. It definitely feels like a kick in the guts for a bit when it happens. I wish you guys all the best and hope that things work out for you on the pregnancy front in the near future.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Been sick for 1 month, flat out at work, Mrs is copping shit at work that's stressing her out, Mrs had her 3rd miscarriage the other day, and we're still in the middle of a pandemic.

Life's a bit shit at the moment but I'm oddly doing OK. Don't feel depressed at all, just tired. So that's a plus.
Fuck bro, sorry to hear about this.

I don't know what to say but keep on fighting bro, I know you well enough to know you got this.

All the best to your misses too.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck bro, sorry to hear about this.

I don't know what to say but keep on fighting bro, I know you well enough to know you got this.

All the best to your misses too.
Cheers brother

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just plucked a nose hair out of my nose and it hurt, so no, I am not ok :screamcat: big rooted mothafucka!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Been sick for 1 month, flat out at work, Mrs is copping shit at work that's stressing her out, Mrs had her 3rd miscarriage the other day, and we're still in the middle of a pandemic.

Life's a bit shit at the moment but I'm oddly doing OK. Don't feel depressed at all, just tired. So that's a plus.
Sorry to hear Hacky. That’s tough stuff mate. I’m sure brighter days are ahead for yourself and your Mrs. Take care.

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Sorry to hear that mate. Rough times. Hope you guys come out the other side as that's tough to go through. Fucking hell

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well G'day again Doggies - sorry I haven't been around to gloat about the Eels but spending way too much time riding around in Ambulances and had to change my mailing address to the local hospital over the past few months.
Hope all you guys are OK and hopefully I can contribute a bit more grief for you in the coming weeks.
Of course having Dean Pay (an Eels reject coach) as your coach will leave most of you feeling sick I should imagine (just can't help myself at times lol)
Can I ask your lot to do me a favour and give the Rorters a touch up please plus get yourselves ahead of the Bronx..
Have not seen many games since the resumption so cannot comment on whether you have been putting in or simply not in it.
Keep smiling.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well G'day again Doggies - sorry I haven't been around to gloat about the Eels but spending way too much time riding around in Ambulances and had to change my mailing address to the local hospital over the past few months.
Hope all you guys are OK and hopefully I can contribute a bit more grief for you in the coming weeks.
Of course having Dean Pay (an Eels reject coach) as your coach will leave most of you feeling sick I should imagine (just can't help myself at times lol)
Can I ask your lot to do me a favour and give the Rorters a touch up please plus get yourselves ahead of the Bronx..
Have not seen many games since the resumption so cannot comment on whether you have been putting in or simply not in it.
Keep smiling.
Hey brother, good to hear from you again.

I wish you nothing but the best and keep fighting the good fight.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey brother, good to hear from you again.

I wish you nothing but the best and keep fighting the good fight.
Just make sure you bastards knock the Rorters off and I promise to play nice on here for - say - maybe half a day. Hehe.
Are you doing well mate?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Keep your head up, have a plan on where you want to be, stop and absorb these hard times, hurt if you need to hurt but remember, things will turn back around and it will make you really appreciate the better times as they head your way.

Ive had some incredibly hard circumstances to deal with. things that should never happen, just horrific . But im here on a journey, to be my best.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Shit mate, sorry to hear about that. If shit at work can affect your Mrs it's probably a good idea she looks for a new job when the pandemic is ok - it will be pretty tough to find something now.

I remember last year the amount of shit I went through at work had me on the verge of quitting (and I've never quit a job before), so can't imagine how hard it could've been to go through while pregnant as well. Tell your Mrs to speak up at work if the stress she's coping is from a prick of a person/manager.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to hear, hope you and your Mrs stay strong together.