The "R U OK ?" Thread

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
MND is a horrible disease. There are 7 different versions of it.

My dad had it for 7 long years.

At least with cancer, you have a chance of beating it, MND is a slow painful death.

Hard to believe it will be 6 years this year since my dad died. He was my footy buddy.

Watching footy isn't the same any more. The current crop of players are the Broncos weren't around when he was alive.

He never got to see Haas play, thankfully he wasn't around to see us get the wooden spoon.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I thought this is probably the best place to put this..

Below is the inaugural Rob Burrow Leeds Marathon raising awareness and money for Motor Neurone Disease which Burrow, a former Leeds Rugby League player and international, suffers from. After pushing Burrows for 42km his former teammate Kevin Sinfeld picks him up out of the wheelchair and walks him over the line.

This is the epitome of friendship and love..one of the most honourable and beautiful things I have seen. Kevin Sinfeld I bow down to you..Rob Borrow this was all for you..that’s how much you are loved.. I’m not ashamed I teared up and got a lump in my throat when Seinfeld gave him a kiss and hugged him tight..

Not gonna lie, I teared up hard.

God bless all involved.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
MND is a horrible disease. There are 7 different versions of it.

My dad had it for 7 long years.

At least with cancer, you have a chance of beating it, MND is a slow painful death.

Hard to believe it will be 6 years this year since my dad died. He was my footy buddy.

Watching footy isn't the same any more. The current crop of players are the Broncos weren't around when he was alive.

He never got to see Haas play, thankfully he wasn't around to see us get the wooden spoon.
Sorry to hear GK it’s one of the worst known disease..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Got to get x-rays done on the sternum/chest. It feels like the wires have loosened and the cut from the transplant is starting to split. Might have to go under the knife again. These ***** love carving me up lol

Fkn feels like a heart attack.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Got to get x-rays done on the sternum/chest. It feels like the wires have loosened and the cut from the transplant is starting to split. Might have to go under the knife again. These ***** love carving me up lol

All the best with it bro hope it’s as simple as possible procedure

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Once the get you under the knife, they are wanting to get you again.

All the best, keep us informed.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hope all goes well mate no doubt the nurses will be pleased to see you again

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the 10th operation is for free, gotta check my coupon lol
Do you get better food. (That's the worse part of hospital)

My last procedure this year was a failure. An AF ablation, took 6 hours & the fuckwit, I mean Dr, hit a small vein.

Was expecting to be in hospital for 1 night, 14 days later & was allowed home.

Oh wait, this won't cheer you up.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

My old man hated the wires but my wife didn't even feel hers i guess it depends on which fencer they get to wire you back together!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My old man hated the wires but my wife didn't even feel hers i guess it depends on which fencer they get to wire you back together!
Haven't bothered me for years TBH but from last winter they hurt hard. I feel the cold there before anywhere else.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Do you get better food. (That's the worse part of hospital)

My last procedure this year was a failure. An AF ablation, took 6 hours & the fuckwit, I mean Dr, hit a small vein.

Was expecting to be in hospital for 1 night, 14 days later & was allowed home.

Oh wait, this won't cheer you up.
Yeah whatever they tell you I add 14-21 days to it.

PS always end up losing weight in there as I only order the sandwiches. Even the plates the disgusting food comes on disgusts me.