The "R U OK ?" Thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We've had a lot of sadness, illness and loss shared on TK by Kennellers doing it tough this past year.

It makes us realise the fragility of life and the tragedies and challenges that we must face that test us.

I feel grateful that amongst the $hitfuckery, arguments and bullshit that us lot go on with; that basicly we have a bunch of special people, funny characters, some not so funny characters all brought together under the brotherhood/sisterhood of the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs...the greatest rugby league club and bunch of supporters in the World!

All those doing it tough we collectively send our best wishes and prayers, positive vibes, healing energy (whatever you belive in) to those brave enough..and thoughtful and aware enough to share the difficult journeys you are on that so enlightens and inspires all of us.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Had Chemo on Wednesday, so fairly knocked about. Each dose is hitting me faster, harder and lasting longer. Can't taste food at the moment, but that should wear off in the next few days. I see my haematologist on Friday, so will get a better idea of how things are traveling. Only 4 more Chemo sessions scheduled.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Had Chemo on Wednesday, so fairly knocked about. Each dose is hitting me faster, harder and lasting longer. Can't taste food at the moment, but that should wear off in the next few days. I see my haematologist on Friday, so will get a better idea of how things are traveling. Only 4 more Chemo sessions scheduled.
Hang in there man..

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can only imagine how hard a road it is mate just try to keep positive.
Hopefully better days ahead after that fourth session,make sure you treat yourself when those tastebuds come back with a nice big bucket of KFC.
Take care

Cryptic Ghost

Sharmooderator
Reaction score
Oh man, wishing you nothing but a full and speedy recovery champ. Finish line is in sight mate

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We bloody love you @Bulldog Wrestler.
Might be an #aerosexual thing :-).
Fight the good fight mate and you’ll emerge on the other side - just like our footy team…
Thanks mate, doing my best. Frustrating, feeling horrible most of the time. Some of the medication mess with my mood a bit too at times, added to being generally fatigued. But, worth it for the greater good. I like your analogy - the team and I will prevail in the end.

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
6 years today that I got the heart.

It's bitter/sweet.... sweet that my kids have a dad but bitter that an 18 year old died for me to get it.

God rest my donors soul and bless his family.
Beautiful words brother..and you have a beautiful heart from another beautiful family.. I’m so sorry for their loss but I’m so glad you are here so I can call you my good friend.. :kissingheart:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Beautiful words brother..and you have a beautiful heart from another beautiful family.. I’m so sorry for their loss but I’m so glad you are here so I can call you my good friend.. :kissingheart:
Thank you Sensei.

PS they are still researching my old heart in Canada till today. Trying to figure out how I stayed alive for 5 years when I should of been gone and stayed gone after a few days.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thank you Sensei.

PS they are still researching my old heart in Canada till today. Trying to figure out how I stayed alive for 5 years when I should of been gone and stayed gone after a few days.
Well..to be honest..I think a higher power was looking after you brother.. And you are still here for a greater reason..what I’m not sure of..but definitely a greater reason..

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@Bulldog Wrestler .. how’s going dude?
Overall, not too bad, thanks - except for the Chemo. It continues to get worse with each session, hitting me faster, harder and lasting longer. I've just started losing hair, which I thought I'd escape. I had gone 4-5 months without losing any, but it started a week or two ago. Not rapidly at this stage, but head, face and other areas effected. Went to the barber this morning to get it cut shorter, without going overboard just yet. Might be investing heavily in a collection of baseball caps soon - :tearsofjoy:

But, I only have 5 weeks (3 sessions) of Chemo left, until the full course ends. Then, I shouldn't feel so bad, and any side-effects can start recovering. Hopefully that will be the end of the Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

The Haematologist is still worried about the Leukemia, which has got down to, but plateaued out at 3% of cells still effected. He wants it at 0.1%. Says they can't change the current treatment, until I've done 12 months of it.

I've had to start getting blood transfusions again. Hopefully that can stop after the Chemo ends, as at the moment it's killing good cells as well as bad, leaving me quite weak and fatigued.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Overall, not too bad, thanks - except for the Chemo. It continues to get worse with each session, hitting me faster, harder and lasting longer. I've just started losing hair, which I thought I'd escape. I had gone 4-5 months without losing any, but it started a week or two ago. Not rapidly at this stage, but head, face and other areas effected. Went to the barber this morning to get it cut shorter, without going overboard just yet. Might be investing heavily in a collection of baseball caps soon - :tearsofjoy:

But, I only have 5 weeks (3 sessions) of Chemo left, until the full course ends. Then, I shouldn't feel so bad, and any side-effects can start recovering. Hopefully that will be the end of the Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

The Haematologist is still worried about the Leukemia, which has got down to, but plateaued out at 3% of cells still effected. He wants it at 0.1%. Says they can't change the current treatment, until I've done 12 months of it.

I've had to start getting blood transfusions again. Hopefully that can stop after the Chemo ends, as at the moment it's killing good cells as well as bad, leaving me quite weak and fatigued.
Gee man you are a fighter..definitely a Bulldog..yep you have that Bulldog spirit in abundance.. As for hair, it’s overrated..nothing like short, or no hair, because when you get up in the morning you are readily for action..no combing/styling needed..Take care mate..I’m in your corner!

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

My mate drove down from Queensland to visit me 2 days ago took my mind off to another place for a while, 3 years ago he was diagnosed with throat cancer has been all clear since, only now has some of his saliva returned but his taste came back pretty quick he looks as good as ever so you'll be right just stick it to it.