The "R U OK ?" Thread

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How is your sister mate? Hope she is well and damage no more than what you advised.

Went to our RFS station here in our little village today and touched base with them as to what is going on on the ground. They held an information morning ( one of many that they do) and got some massive pointers from them and on the whole we are doing things pretty much textbook as to our fire safety plan.

Water is an issue for them as it is everywhere and had the discussion about sea water use. Didn't think they used it as it is not crash hot for the environment but yeah they do when they can and need to. Bore water levels have dropped around the area which is a concern but what can you do with no rain and unprecedented use? We are lucky we have two 3500 litre water tanks which we have offered on SWS for the firies if they need it. We sparingly use it ourselves because you never know when it will be critical to have it. Gardens get used to fending for themselves and grass, well it will regenerate and survive without constant watering...
My sister is pretty grateful that the house escaped the blaze really. Her and her hubby (Mick) have part time house mates who are Mick's old friends. The worst of what they lost was a restored Harley a 65 Falcon and a number of items that were left to Mick when his dad died. The Falcon belonged to the friends.

The RFS supposedly gave my sister the advice on preparing the house which saved it. They're doing a great job with limited resources.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My sister is pretty grateful that the house escaped the blaze really. Her and her hubby (Mick) have part time house mates who are Mick's old friends. The worst of what they lost was a restored Harley a 65 Falcon and a number of items that were left to Mick when his dad died. The Falcon belonged to the friends.

The RFS supposedly gave my sister the advice on preparing the house which saved it. They're doing a great job with limited resources.

Mate, they are heroes all of them. They have had to put up with a heap of shit from idiots who are getting in the way and the morons who want to have a go at them. The boys here at our fire station were hard at cleaning the engine whilst they had a break from the fires. The smell was horrible around the engine and it was caked in soot and grime. They explained that the engine needs to stay clean so nothing gets gummed up and nothing to slip on.
Daughter works at Maccas here in town and like a lot of other stores $2 from each Big Mac goes direct to RFS. I hope they raise a million for them!

Banned
Reaction score

Is why above feminist gets to me.
She's an absolute idiot and the Greens for supporting her and affording her a platform to speak from in parliament are equally as bad for seeking political points via her!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hit my 2 months cigarette free the other day. Even with being a little stressed out over the last couple of weeks I haven't once thought about needing to have one. I've even put on an extra 5-6kgs, but that's because I am hungry more often now and can't stop eatting. Guess I'm just loving having proper taste back now with food. Anyhow, aside from losing my job I am feeling really good and healthier these days. Honestly giving up smoking is one of the best decisions I've made in years.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
My brother got in contact with his daughter for the first time in 10 years.

When I told my mum that they didn't talk on the phone but chat through messenger she had a sook about it.

I told my mum what do you expect?
Her grand daughter is an introverted millennial like the rest of them!

She just can't get it in her head that times have changed.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hit my 2 months cigarette free the other day. Even with being a little stressed out over the last couple of weeks I haven't once thought about needing to have one. I've even put on an extra 5-6kgs, but that's because I am hungry more often now and can't stop eatting. Guess I'm just loving having proper taste back now with food. Anyhow, aside from losing my job I am feeling really good and healthier these days. Honestly giving up smoking is one of the best decisions I've made in years.
Well done mate, good on you.
Keep it up.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Shit bro, I really feel for you. Are you interested in staying a baker or looking for something new? There's plenty of jobs out there.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of at the 10 month mark lol ,was o/s and they were 5 bucks a pack I couldn't help myself had a few hadn't had any since back in Aus though because I can't afford it lol

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shit bro, I really feel for you. Are you interested in staying a baker or looking for something new? There's plenty of jobs out there.
Probably try find something new. I am a bit over doing night shift (11pm-7am). Been doing that for like 4 years now so wouldn't mind going back to working regular work hours. As what, no idea but yeah night shift you just have no life as you work all night then sleep all day.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of at the 10 month mark lol ,was o/s and they were 5 bucks a pack I couldn't help myself had a few hadn't had any since back in Aus though because I can't afford it lol
That was about 80% of why I quit. Cigarette prices in Australia are ridiculous. Honestly I thought I'd miss them more than I actually have but it hasn't fazed me at all.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cracked at son in laws 30th birthday totally pissed and had my first joint in over 13 years. Shared it with 2 daughters amongst others! Survived no damaged done, nobody’s perfect. It was a one off. U never know when or if ever you will smoke another ciggy and with who. Good luck keep it up.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
FINALLY! My girlfriend sees that I shouldn't consume alcohol!

Now we have hope of maybe steering our relationship in a more positive direction?

Reactions: 086

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not feeling the greatest the last day or so. Life is good. I honestly can't complain, yet there is always that cloud over me always making me stressed, worried, anxious and distracted about things that don't exist.

Why do I worry about the things that don't have rather than the amazing things I do have?

I've dealt with anxiety all my life and have grown to manage/hide it quite well, but just this time around it just feels a little heavier than normal.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not feeling the greatest the last day or so. Life is good. I honestly can't complain, yet there is always that cloud over me always making me stressed, worried, anxious and distracted about things that don't exist.

Why do I worry about the things that don't have rather than the amazing things I do have?

I've dealt with anxiety all my life and have grown to manage/hide it quite well, but just this time around it just feels a little heavier than normal.
I hear ya bud, I am the same. I'm also a huge overthinker which doesn't help with my anxiety at all. I can feel an episode is on the horizon as i am stressed at the moment as i am out of my job in 2 days and into a world of uncertainty.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score

Yeah it's a **** of a thing isn't it? Some days it just comes out of the blue. Just yesterday I started the day on a good vibe and then half way through something tiny just triggered me. Most would brush it off without batting an eyelid but I dwell on the shit.
Bright side is, I've learned how to eventually talk myself out of it.

Just keep working on yourself. No matter how little you've progressed, it's all a step in the right direction.

I hope there's better days ahead for you and everyone else.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
@MatstaDogg @Where's Pea?

Cheers guys. With Anxiety and Depression, it's easy to become completely inward-thinking, almost selfish and forget 1 in 5 men in Australia are going through the same (If not worse) thing.
Some worse some easier it still doesn't make what you are going through irrelevant, my anxiety has crippled me at various stages to a point where I collapse and have sezuiures due to getting so worked up a lot of nights I stare at the ceiling to 5 am can't sleep can't function last few days been able to sleep so I'm happy as a pig in shit.sometimes it is 2 steps foward 10 back it's a **** of a thing