The "R U OK ?" Thread

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Im very bored with work and bored of life.
I don't think it's good for me to work nights or rotating shifts anymore?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Night shift can fuck with you after a while
Yep sure can. I've been working night shift now for almost 3 years. It does fuck around with your head at times and it does make it hard to have a social life. Some days I am completely over it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's not just social life, it's sleep patterns, because the body normally associated night = sleep, day = up and around.

Try and reverse that and the body practically fights against itself.

Wifey works shifts into the night/AM. Not sure about you guys but I don't fall asleep till my wife is back home safe. I've tried and unless I'm "out on my feet" tired, it never works.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah nights are tough boys, I'm usually working till at least 5 am most days

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After a tough past 3 months, I took a week off work and its resulted in me having one of the best weeks of my life, everything has just fallen into place and I've made memories with people that I'll never forget. I don't like making comments like this on a thread such as this one because I know people come here when there having shitty times but I feel like this week shows that after shit times there can always be light. I've had a lot of time to reflect and really try to understand what I want out of life and to redirect myself. My only advice would be to just fall back and let life do its thing, everything falls into place at the end/

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
After a tough past 3 months, I took a week off work and its resulted in me having one of the best weeks of my life, everything has just fallen into place and I've made memories with people that I'll never forget. I don't like making comments like this on a thread such as this one because I know people come here when there having shitty times but I feel like this week shows that after shit times there can always be light. I've had a lot of time to reflect and really try to understand what I want out of life and to redirect myself. My only advice would be to just fall back and let life do its thing, everything falls into place at the end/
Good to hear bro

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That's great mate...

I have always said... the only person that can fix your mind... looks back at you a mirror.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A post like this is perfect for a thread like this..shows the dark times don’t always last forever..

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Great to hear mate. Happy for you.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all ,
Any suggestions for anti anxiety supplements or meds.

Firstly non prescribed recommendations that have worked

Secondly the dr prescribed meds.

Can gp’s prescribe those kind of things or has to be psychologist?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey all ,

Diet and Exercise.. I know it's a cliche, but really, we are what we eat...

GP can prescribe, but honestly.. they often do more harm than good and I am speaking from experience!

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Diet and Exercise.. I know it's a cliche, but really, we are what we eat...

GP can prescribe, but honestly.. they often do more harm than good and I am speaking from experience!
Honestly it’s not for me. But diet and exercise have been tried for years.
It’s a chemical issue

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly it’s not for me. But diet and exercise have been tried for years.
It’s a chemical issue

has he/she been to a naturopath?

I would suggest they stay well clear of prescription pills because that shit only at best is a temporary mask, but you still get the terrible side effects, and then you're stuck on the meds.. I'm sure you already know that, but I have to emphasise because I know I how bad I got

I work out a lot and eat mostly raw these days, but I found increasing magnesium and iron helped, with actual food, not supplements, also limiting dairy helped

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hey all ,
GP should be the first stop. Talk to them and they will organise a mental health plan (if required) and refer you to a psychiatrist (psychologist's can't prescribe as they do not have a doctorate).

GPs normally won't prescribe anti psychotic/mental health meds without prior consult from a psychiatrist.

Remember that anti anxiety meds normally have a huge calming effect so dope you out a bit, and can be addictive.

Best to resolve the anxiety (via breathing techniques, exercise, CBT and breathing apps like Breathe2Relax) and learn to handle it, rather than taking meds to resolve it.

Most docs/psychs will only prescribe if there is no other option.