The "R U OK ?" Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good to hear mate. It would definitely be a refreshing feeling, I'm feeling the same with my new situation as I posted in here last week that I met a chick and hit it off with her. We are going on our first date tonight, as I've been too busy with work but we have not stopped texting and talking all week. It's nice to have a bit of attention. I can definitely see me and her are going to be in a relationship in the not to distant future, I'm just getting that feeling.

Anyway, best of luck to you my friend. Keep at it!!
Im really excited for you mate, you deserve it. It is refreshing, its good to have some attention on me again.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been good lately just to report.

My negative thinking has decreased.
But I'm sure to have another fuck the world episode one day soon?

I apologise in advance in case I take it out on here.

I got talking a while ago with @Mr Invisible and found we ride on similar buses.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im really excited for you mate, you deserve it. It is refreshing, its good to have some attention on me again.
Cheers mate, the date was a success. Went out for dinner and drinks then hit the dance floor. We had a great time. She is definitely keen on pursuing a relationship, it came up over dinner talk. So I am stoked.

You deserve as much attention as you can get buddy.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I've been good lately just to report.

My negative thinking has decreased.
But I'm sure to have another fuck the world episode one day soon?

I apologise in advance in case I take it out on here.

I got talking a while ago with @Mr Invisible and found we ride on similar buses.
That's awesome news mate :grinning:

Team #fuckedupUncles :D

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Ok fukk it, here goes.

My whole life I've never felt normal. My self worth and opinion has been below average at best. I've had many good times over the course of my life that i will forever cherish, but finding that inner peace and/or happiness has been extremely difficult to find. Now there's another factor that i believe contributes to this (which I'm not willing to share) but im finding my mental health is suffering because of it. Its a feeling of inferiority and as a result, im alienating myself from everyone and i convince myself i have nothing of interest to contribute. It's been killing me inside lately.

So i just wanted to ask where and who (professionally) i can speak to, to help understand why I am the way I am. What are the steps involved? This is something I've never talked to anyone about, not even close friends or family. I dont need to burden them. But maybe talking to a neutral party will be of some help to me? I dunno...?

Thanks guys.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok fukk it, here goes.

My whole life I've never felt normal. My self worth and opinion has been below average at best. I've had many good times over the course of my life that i will forever cherish, but finding that inner peace and/or happiness has been extremely difficult to find. Now there's another factor that i believe contributes to this (which I'm not willing to share) but im finding my mental health is suffering because of it. Its a feeling of inferiority and as a result, im alienating myself from everyone and i convince myself i have nothing of interest to contribute. It's been killing me inside lately.

So i just wanted to ask where and who (professionally) i can speak to, to help understand why I am the way I am. What are the steps involved? This is something I've never talked to anyone about, not even close friends or family. I dont need to burden them. But maybe talking to a neutral party will be of some help to me? I dunno...?

Thanks guys.
I feel your frustration.. Just had a chat with a psychoanalyst but didn't fix the problem for me.. Lovely girl but we have different personalities.. She was suggesting I find something in my day that made me happy like an aromatic tea or a walk in the park which is not me at all..
You gotta talk to someone you can relate to who's been in the same type of situation and talks from experience.. Someone similar to your age or older. I could be wrong maybe professionals are the way to go but I didn't get the vibe with her

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok fukk it, here goes.

Thanks guys.
Book a double appointment with your doc youll need the double.
Explain the situation .
You should be able to receive something like 10 sessions on Medicare with a head doc .
Maybe also check out beyond blue also or give them a buzz it all helps

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I feel your frustration.. Just had a chat with a psychoanalyst but didn't fix the problem for me.. Lovely girl but we have different personalities.. She was suggesting I find something in my day that made me happy like an aromatic tea or a walk in the park which is not me at all..
You gotta talk to someone you can relate to who's been in the same type of situation and talks from experience.. Someone similar to your age or older. I could be wrong maybe professionals are the way to go but I didn't get the vibe with her
Thanks for your reply Wolfie.

This is what im afraid of. Im the same, i do many things that i enjoy, but i feel its not a genuine fix for me.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

This is what im afraid of. Im the same, i do many things that i enjoy, but i feel its not a genuine fix for me.
The one thing that keeps me going is knowing that it's a passing phase and it's just a matter of riding the wave.. The dark days are when you're convinced it'll never change it'll only get worse BUT historical data of my life shows it does get better even when I was 110% convinced it'll never get better..
The other thing I do is go with my gut. I stopped fearing and basically said 'Fuck it I'll cop the consequences' but I'm not waiting for anyone or for the right time.. I don't know if this makes sense but in my situation it's what has helped me.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all.
Random kind of post but been reading a lot of posts here about self doubt and negative self talk and self limiting thought etc etc. that insecurity and anxiety stuf.
I think this negative self talk is huge and see it as an issue for all, whether we know it or not.

I saw this film Birdman staring Michael Keaton and feel like it made me realise how powerful and real this negative self talk is. It helped me see it and battle it effectively.
The film is set in the theatre and is weird but I love how the main character is haunted by self doubt.

Very eye opening for me. I recommend it - but it is arty.
Let me know what you think but have an open mind

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Southy is right... doctor > mental health plan > psychologist/psychiatrist (depending on if they think medication is required).

Asking for help is a really good first step :grinning: ... I'm more than happy to lend an ear in PM if you want to talk outside here.

Could be more to it than you realise. Remember that depression can just as much a mental thing as it can be a physical thing.

In my instance it's a chemical imbalance, which is why it comes in peaks and troughs, but when I'm in a good mindspace I can normally hold those dark clouds at bay.

Have a read of these two articles:
https://www.healthline.com/health/dopamine-vs-serotonin#sleep
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/prefrontal-nudity/201111/boosting-your-serotonin-activity

As they give you a greater understanding of how the brains chemicals result in specific feelings/mind states.

By knowing how increasing the brains chemicals alters different mindstates, it can be a good way to boost a mood without even realising.

I need to do more in that regard (to be honest).

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm still good compared to a few weeks ago.

It's only a matter of time before I fall off the rails again.

I'll be right if I never fall in love and end up in another relationship.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still good compared to a few weeks ago.

It's only a matter of time before I fall off the rails again.

I'll be right if I never fall in love and end up in another relationship.
I understand what you mean, after my ex it's hard to open up your heart to another girl as you don't want to risk it. You don't want to feel the pain that you had before. It's like a scar to the soul, that pain sticks with you.

But, on the flip side letting someone in in due time can give you the feeling of having a new lease of life. We a great woman beside you, you feel like you can take on the world.

Sadly though, I find it hard to find that "right" girl, but as long as I have my hope, the chance is always there.

Talking of girls, the chick i had mentioned in here that I was seeing a month or so a go, well it went pear shaped. No idea why or what's going on with her but she just strangely went from hitting up my phone 24-7 for weeks to the other day of just not replying to anything. As I said, I have no idea what happened? We were getting along great, even the last time we spoke we had a really good convo and made plans for a date. Then 2 days later she went non contact mode, wouldn't answer any texts. Left me hanging not knowing anything. It would be nice if she gave me some sort of reasoning instead of just cutting me out.

Anyway, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand what you mean, after my ex it's hard to open up your heart to another girl as you don't want to risk it. You don't want to feel the pain that you had before. It's like a scar to the soul, that pain sticks with you.

But, on the flip side letting someone in in due time can give you the feeling of having a new lease of life. We a great woman beside you, you feel like you can take on the world.

Sadly though, I find it hard to find that "right" girl, but as long as I have my hope, the chance is always there.

Talking of girls, the chick i had mentioned in here that I was seeing a month or so a go, well it went pear shaped. No idea why or what's going on with her but she just strangely went from hitting up my phone 24-7 for weeks to the other day of just not replying to anything. As I said, I have no idea what happened? We were getting along great, even the last time we spoke we had a really good convo and made plans for a date. Then 2 days later she went non contact mode, wouldn't answer any texts. Left me hanging not knowing anything. It would be nice if she gave me some sort of reasoning instead of just cutting me out.

Don’t lose sleep man.
From what you’ve explained, to me it sounds like she thinks she has found greener pastures?
She is far from it.

Something similar happened to me.
As you said that’s why I’m not so keen to open up with anyone.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don’t lose sleep man.
From what you’ve explained, to me it sounds like she thinks she has found greener pastures?
She is far from it.

Something similar happened to me.
As you said that’s why I’m not so keen to open up with anyone.
She pissed me off for a day or 2 when she wouldn't reply but that's it. I'm just like "whatever" and haven't bothered with her since then. Even if she eventually gets back in contact with me I'll be like Simon Cowell "it's a no from me" after leaving me to hang like she did.

Plenty more chicks out there.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Best attitude to have these days, with everyone, not just women.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Guys and gals, we all deserve to be with someone who gives a shit about us. Dont settle for 2nd best just for the hell of it. Being single has always had that stigma about it, and the grass isnt necessarily always greener.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Guys and gals, we all deserve to be with someone who gives a shit about us. Dont settle for 2nd best just for the hell of it. Being single has always had that stigma about it, and the grass isnt necessarily always greener.
More importantly @G.M ... how you been feeling lately mate?

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
More importantly @G.M ... how you been feeling lately mate?
Hey man. Its been a rollercoaster I'll tell you that lol. Lots of spilling my guts to a few people i trust at work. Have taken the first steps to getting help, so just waiting on that to begin. I have no idea what to expect or what I'll find out, but it's happening.

Cheers to you and Southy for reaching out. Legends.