The "R U OK ?" Thread

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
My uttmost condolences @Wolfmother .. not worries at all.. that's what this thread is for.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. We already did much grieving when he was going downhill. Funny that a few months ago he was like "something bad is going on, I don't know what, but something is wrong with me.... I can't describe it though".

Then about 3 weeks back they confirmed his heart valve was stuffed and pouring fluid into his lungs. They managed with medication to get that under control, but the heart vale couldn't be fixed due to his weak state and eventually just gave out.

Was a beautiful service today, I did a speech, Dad a Eulogy, and my other brother a memories speech. I also did the most beautiful photo slideshow of him talking through his life, ending with him telling those watching he is fading away and gone (in text). Very moving and sad, but he's in a better place now.

I'm actually ok.... almost choked up today and a few tears, but I'm pretty emotionally stable as far as "not worth spending time being upset over something that you can't control".

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
My uttmost condolences @Wolfmother .. not worries at all.. that's what this thread is for.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. We already did much grieving when he was going downhill. Funny that a few months ago he was like "something bad is going on, I don't know what, but something is wrong with me.... I can't describe it though".

Then about 3 weeks back they confirmed his heart valve was stuffed and pouring fluid into his lungs. They managed with medication to get that under control, but the heart vale couldn't be fixed due to his weak state and eventually just gave out.

Was a beautiful service today, I did a speech, Dad a Eulogy, and my other brother a memories speech. I also did the most beautiful photo slideshow of him talking through his life, ending with him telling those watching he is fading away and gone (in text). Very moving and sad, but he's in a better place now.

I'm actually ok.... almost choked up today and a few tears, but I'm pretty emotionally stable as far as "not worth spending time being upset over something that you can't control".
G'day Mr I - been a while and I come onto this.
Stay strong my man.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks @Sir Col "THE MU .... equally as important... how the heck have you been mate? Hopefully health is good and you've just been busy (crying yourself to sleep over the Eels 2018 performances).

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Sir Col "THE MU .... equally as important... how the heck have you been mate? Hopefully health is good and you've just been busy (crying yourself to sleep over the Eels 2018 performances).
No more tears brother (can't stand soggy pillows) - HEY - we are the FIRST team to have no chance of making the top 8 in 2018 = WINNER yes?
I am not sure about this other milestone in the Eels history but I think after this year we will be the club with the most spoons - Dogs don't even come close to us lol
Still vertical, breathing and annoying people.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Company I work for decided to restructure at the same time that many people went on leave. So for the past two weeks I have been two departments. Literally. Just me doing the work of 8 people across 2 departments, while also helping out a 3rd department which has all resulted in me working 16-18 hours per day (I only get paid 8 of those hours per day). To make things worse, Telstra decided to screw up so our company hasn't had internet the past two days.

So after 48 hours of straight work with no sleep and having customers constantly yelling at me I finally get home from work, turn my phone off, tell the Mrs about the past 48 hours to which she replies, "I'm hungry. What are we having for dinner?"

Two hours of cooking later we eat dinner then I clean the kitchen, then the loungeroom all while she's sitting in front of the TV watching reality TV shows while playing Candy Crush on her computer.

Eventually I sit down with my brain literally shutting down and thing I should go to bed, but I'll watch some TV first.

Mrs walks into the bedroom and begins yelling at me. "why haven't we cleaned the bedroom today! Get off your lazy arse and do something! You're such a lazy ****!"

On the plus side I found out that the walls in this place are pretty fucking hard. Nearly broke my hand and didn't damage the wall at all. Now I'm playing God of War on maximum volume to drown out the annoying sounds of cuntiness.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Company I work for decided to restructure at the same time that many people went on leave. So for the past two weeks I have been two departments. Literally. Just me doing the work of 8 people across 2 departments, while also helping out a 3rd department which has all resulted in me working 16-18 hours per day (I only get paid 8 of those hours per day). To make things worse, Telstra decided to screw up so our company hasn't had internet the past two days.

So after 48 hours of straight work with no sleep and having customers constantly yelling at me I finally get home from work, turn my phone off, tell the Mrs about the past 48 hours to which she replies, "I'm hungry. What are we having for dinner?"

Two hours of cooking later we eat dinner then I clean the kitchen, then the loungeroom all while she's sitting in front of the TV watching reality TV shows while playing Candy Crush on her computer.

Eventually I sit down with my brain literally shutting down and thing I should go to bed, but I'll watch some TV first.

Mrs walks into the bedroom and begins yelling at me. "why haven't we cleaned the bedroom today! Get off your lazy arse and do something! You're such a lazy ****!"

On the plus side I found out that the walls in this place are pretty fucking hard. Nearly broke my hand and didn't damage the wall at all. Now I'm playing God of War on maximum volume to drown out the annoying sounds of cuntiness.
That sucks Hacky..I hope you can relax somehow.. We appreciate bud..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Yeah that's bullshit mate... absolute bullshit.

Everything in a relationship is about balance and give and take.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Long hours are harsh not getting paid for it is brutal , being in a position where you cant say to your boss go and get fucked **** you are raping me is fucked.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Long hours are harsh not getting paid for it is brutal , being in a position where you cant say to your boss go and get fucked **** you are raping me is fucked.
Yeah, it's fucked but they know I can't do shit about it 'cause I just got a promotion so I'm now on the probationary period. Of course I can complain to fair work but then I lose the position any way and it is decent pay.

I'd still do the hours anyway. I know the company will collapse if I don't do it.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's fucked but they know I can't do shit about it 'cause I just got a promotion so I'm now on the probationary period. Of course I can complain to fair work but then I lose the position any way and it is decent pay.

I'd still do the hours anyway. I know the company will collapse if I don't do it.
Mate im in a similar position huge hours no ot no travel no meal allowance and pretty shitty pay.so im paying rent on another house in another state car another state .only reason why im doing the **** of a thing because i get paid every week and while im pretty much just shit kicking im still kinda getting another trade behind me and getting time up on big sites organizing laborers ect.
The whole site though gets treated like total shit, i just look at a picture of the kids in the morning bite my tongue and carry on.
Pretty fucked when you get excited you only got 20 years of work then you can roll over and die

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I've been better.....life has no meaning......feeling drained and almost out of energy.....ugh

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

I'd honestly walk away......let it die....fuck it....the exploitative corporate world needs to die a slow, painful death. It has killed enough spirits as is.

Sorry you've had a shit week.....I just think we're all fucking slaves, throwing our lives away....sacrificing our freedoms to polish some fuck stick's ivory tower.....fuck it..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Working long hours is wrong thing - receiving dead set no support at home is pretty fucked.

Years ago, I was in your position work wise, plus my boss was a massive **** - you could do 49 tasks out of 50, and if you missed the 50th because you were just so damn rooted, he would make a massive deal of it. I lasted 5 months before, on the verge of a breakdown, I walked away.

But one thing I had (and still have) is a supportive partner - made sure I married her before she got away..

The work will hopefully subside a bit soon (hopefully!), but without knowing your domestic situation and not wanting to judge your Mrs who of course none of us know - you do need to sort something out there, as it's too important. No idea what that entails, but it doesn't sound healthy at all at present. But I'm sure right now, you are that tired you feel like can't even deal with that.

Best of luck mate. We all know you are arguably the most top bloke in TK.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

That's the problem with us guys. We don't nag the women back enough. I bet if you told her all this when you got home she wouldn't have given you a hard time. You should've told her, "Here's $20, go buy yourself dinner" then hit the sack.

Dude... is it your responsibility to make dinner?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That's the problem with us guys. We don't nag the women back enough. I bet if you told her all this when you got home she wouldn't have given you a hard time. You should've told her, "Here's $20, go buy yourself dinner" then hit the sack.

Dude... is it your responsibility to make dinner?
You'd have to hope your other half would notice you being out of the house for 48 hours.....

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Aye aint it fun lol , you having a **** of a run ?
Guess I am, a bit...... dealing with the complication/ souring of a relationship that way really valuable to me amidst constant isolation. I'm always alone....always thinking....never able to turn off and relax. I don't hate my job, but it gives me no real sense of purpose.....I guess nothing does if you allow yourself to become too reclusive.....self belief can't guard against the total desolation of genuine loneliness. On my days off it takes me hours to motivate myself to get out of bed.

Thanks for asking, dude.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guess I am, a bit...... dealing with the complication/ souring of a relationship that way really valuable to me amidst constant isolation. I'm always alone....always thinking....never able to turn off and relax. I don't hate my job, but it gives me no real sense of purpose.....I guess nothing does if you allow yourself to become too reclusive.....self belief can't guard against the total desolation of genuine loneliness. On my days off it takes me hours to motivate myself to get out of bed.

Thanks for asking, dude.
Aye can relate to a few things you saying, remember sometimes you just need to reset yourself could be as simple as grabbing a beer/ coffee what ever and just sitting with your feet in the water .or even if getting up is a struggle have a stretch and a deep breath grab some tunes and drift off give your brain a break for 15minutes. Find something that you enjoy doing and reward yourself a little .
Or if you got the time and money jump on a plane and go away for a weekend totally unexpected can be kind of cheap and get to see something you normally don't

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Careful... that's how it starts and before you know if you're being taken advantage of and expected to be on call all the time.

Thanks for asking, dude.
@utility half Can I ask .... do you have a really small circle of friends, or like more accquaintances than friends?

If so, between you, Southy, and Hacky, you're sounding like me in my situation.

Most of you guys hear about my fall from grace and relapse in mental health (thanks to an arsehole ex employer). In the end I ended up speaking to a doctor about my mental health (I'd had issues in the past with it). They referred me to a clinical psychologist who I have been seeing for the past almost 12 months now (whilst in between jobs).

HANDS DOWN - Best thing I have ever done AND ... you get 10 free sessions with Medicare.

Okay so it doesn't resolve the VERY real financial stress, but it's made me view life (and how I live it) in a different way. In addition to this, it's making me a better, stronger person.

With my grandfather passing away recently, he showed even on his death bed fight, determination and strength I have never seen.

It's made me realise if he can take on the unfightable, then there's no excuse for me not to be able to channel inner strength and reach my desired goals in life.

So ... if you are struggling, talk to your doctor about your mental health, and take advantage of the options you have to get free sessions with a Clinical Psych.