the problem is lack of communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i travelled up to the game on saturday night from wollongong. was disgusted in the effort put in by the whole team. only three players stood out for my mind. reni mase and phelps. the rest were ordinary. the boys need to talk more to each other. none of them knew what was going on with the stupid offloads and kicks. no kick chase whats so ever. they got the tries scored against them. they stand behind the post with just there heads down.

late in the game it was getting to the end of sets and shifty and holdsworth were running away from the ball so they didnt have to kick it.

none of them should be dropped they just have to put in the effort and work as a team. not try score every time we got the ball.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
that break the broncos made late in the game ryan was just watching them run away didnt even try to tackle

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
It was "late" in the game.......... one more try would not have hurt

:p

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
Lack of imagination in attack.

Broncos were running numerous 2nd and 3rd man plays - as tired as they were. Causing our defence to stop and hesitate and 2nd guess themselves

Whereas we just went one out - or threw flat, predictable passes accross the backline - All. Day Long......YAWN!!

Ok, so the forwards weren't going forward, but when we DID get down in the Broncos' "red zone" we either. A - dropped the ball cold or B. Ran round like headless chooks until the last tackle, when someone would put a kick in to put us out of our misery.

Took a bloody miracle 1 in 100 ball from Holdsworth to get us the try we DID get!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
billyandbenny said:
the problem is brent sherwin.
Really? He is the whole reason why to our team is failing now is it?

Firstly, how many forwards made over 100 meters? Besides Armit..NOONE! Absolutely No one.*Disregards Matuia and SBW as they were playing centers* Now BandB that says to me that Sherwin had absolutely no room to move. And you blame Sherwin for that aye? Great observation mate! The fact is when he tried on occasions (ie. The chip kick) he was doing it himself, with no one helping him. Which brings me too my second point.

WHERE THE F*** WAS THE SUPPORT! Sherwin chips n chases..Where was everyone? Matuia made that break..Who was in support? The all kennel hated Hughes. I really think you should watch the game properly mate, before you talk.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was obviously something lacking in the preparation last week. That's where it's determined whether the team "turns up" or not, and where communication is instilled. Maybe Folkes needs players like Ryan, Shrek and Mason around at training to impart this. But then again, they turned up the previous week without them so that can't be the case.

I think we have the best forward pack in the comp bar none. But one of the most incomplete backlines. And, for some reason (maybe Origin) the forwards didn't turn up against Brisbane and the backs just haven't got the class to compensate.

We desperately need a class set of halves and centres to make a real impact in 2006. It would seem that there are a lot of juniors that may fill the bill in years to come. But that's a big maybe, and it dismisses us from contention in the next few years.

Frankly, what's so dissapointing is that we lost Jonathon Thursaton - someone that could have led us to a grand final win this year and next. What we need is a clone.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old Bulldog said:
Frankly, what's so dissapointing is that we lost Jonathon Thursaton - someone that could have led us to a grand final win this year and next. What we need is a clone.
In the last 5 games for Nq he hasn't made a big impact, his tries have all been given to him. Very predictable in attack, every team has shut him down as of late

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
I agree completely. (with olddog)

Personally, losing to Brisbane the week after Origin is just as bad as losing to Souths.

That was a must win game for us.

eez

Waterboy
Reaction score
we need to learn how to tackle..
if u look at our missed tackles per game
for most the games that we were luki to win (i.e eels, sharks some others as well) weve had more missed tackles.

also on the note to loosing to brisbane after origin is like loosing to sounths..
i think i read somewhere that for the past 3 years broncos have never lost a game after an origin clash (some1 please correct me if im wrong)

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
Judging by the amount of drop ball, there is lack of communication between the brain and the hands. The brain sends a message "catch the ball", the hands do not get the message and hence drop the ball.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your forwards don't make metres than your backs will get rolled. Pretty simple footy really. Most weeks our forwards have killed em but this week it showed how average our halves have been going all year. Had some good moments and a few good games but not consistent enough.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JayBee said:
Really? He is the whole reason why to our team is failing now is it?

Firstly, how many forwards made over 100 meters? Besides Armit..NOONE! Absolutely No one.*Disregards Matuia and SBW as they were playing centers* Now BandB that says to me that Sherwin had absolutely no room to move. And you blame Sherwin for that aye? Great observation mate! The fact is when he tried on occasions (ie. The chip kick) he was doing it himself, with no one helping him. Which brings me too my second point.

WHERE THE F*** WAS THE SUPPORT! Sherwin chips n chases..Where was everyone? Matuia made that break..Who was in support? The all kennel hated Hughes. I really think you should watch the game properly mate, before you talk.

spot on champ. i dont bag hughes fair enough he gives penaltys but its all part of the game. they just didnt put in a team effort and support each other in plays of the ball. cant go single handly put individuals down.

go dogs.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
eez said:
for most the games that we were luki to win (i.e eels, sharks some others as well) weve had more missed tackles.

also on the note to loosing to brisbane after origin is like loosing to sounths..
i think i read somewhere that for the past 3 years broncos have never lost a game after an origin clash (some1 please correct me if im wrong)

that is correct. they have even won them without there big guns after origin. there younger guys step up to the plate.

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
eez said:

well they kept that going on saturday night then.
i think you mean won, right?

eez

Waterboy
Reaction score
marty said:
well they kept that going on saturday night then.
i think you mean won, right?
yup they sure did...
umm not sure were "won" is meant to fit in there?

DogFather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the problem is after playing so many day games, it was lil harder for the boys to adjust to lights..whos knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.