Rumour The Premium Oil Thread

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Whilst this thread will no doubt be merged in time and I can’t confirm if it’s the tequila talking but I have started this thread in the hope of hearing some good oil on the match eve.. .. don’t leave me hanging @Nasheed take the safety off and fire away !! PS good vibes only.. no board or coach or former coach bashing.. unless of course it is hilarious as we could all use a good laugh at the moment.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Might not hear from Nasheed tonight, I’ve heard Breakfast Point is pumping on a Saturday night
It’s disappointing to say the least. I guess good things come to those who wait... or so we hope..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Sorry boys I was on an ikea date with my side chick. Takes forever to get home and I couldn’t go to the one at Rhodes in case I was seen because too close to the hood and given anniversary is tomorrow that would be a bad look.

anyway here be the oil as I know it. Take it with a grain of salt because my insider still has the shits with me and called me a thief and a player.

Club is talking to Ryan Papenhuyzen. Knows as Paps, and they are progressing extremely well for a million plus 5 year deal, to be negotiated end of year. I was told people at the club caught wind of a recent interview wherein Ryan has stated he was a Buldlogs fan growing up despite being a Tigers junior.
This is on the back of a secret offer to Tedesco last year for 1.2 mil 5 year deal taht he rejected to stay where he is.
Take note though that a lot can change in 7 months, but Paps management has shown interest and is keen as long as it’s 7 figures, and he plays origin this year.

Likewise, I’m hearing the dogs are meeting JTs management after the game on Sunday, I was even told the restaurant, ‘A touch of Salt’ in Townsville.

I Don’t think there’s an offer or anything, but it’s a chat to see where he is at.

Also Barret is lobbying and talking to Tetevano in England, but Zane himself feels loyalty to his England club because they pulled serious strings to get him there because of his rap sheet.
The type of assault Zane has (bodily harm) typically excludes players/peeps from the UK. He is appreciate of this and it’s been a longtime goal to travel Europe, and he has a chance too now.

The dogs deal is slightly better than what he is getting (so probably same ca$h,terms and conditions as Elliot ) but he’s ummming and aaahing. This could be a negotiation tactic, could just be loyalty. Might not even be worth more.

Also the club is talking to Widdop and wants him as a mentor to Flanno, but Barrets not overly keen, source of contention. Barrett probably will win out here.

There’s also Staggs which eveRhine knows about and they are frantically looking for a hooker. Liddle from the tigers has been discussed.
Gosiewski (of all people) is also being negotiated with.

There was also a serious push late last year toget Fidow from the cowboys, but I think it’s fizzled.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Sorry boys I was on an ikea date with my side chick. Takes forever to get home and I couldn’t go to the one at Rhodes in case I was seen because too close to the hood and given anniversary is tomorrow that would be a bad look.

anyway here be the oil as I know it. Take it with a grain of salt because my insider still has the shits with me and called me a thief and a player.

Club is talking to Ryan Papenhuyzen. Knows as Paps, and they are progressing extremely well for a million plus 5 year deal, to be negotiated end of year. I was told people at the club caught wind of a recent interview wherein Ryan has stated he was a Buldlogs fan growing up despite being a Tigers junior.
This is on the back of a secret offer to Tedesco last year for 1.2 mil 5 year deal taht he rejected to stay where he is.
Take note though that a lot can change in 7 months, but Paps management has shown interest and is keen as long as it’s 7 figures, and he plays origin this year.

Likewise, I’m hearing the dogs are meeting JTs management after the game on Sunday, I was even told the restaurant, ‘A touch of Salt’ in Townsville.

I Don’t think there’s an offer or anything, but it’s a chat to see where he is at.

Also Barret is lobbying and talking to Tetevano in England, but Zane himself feels loyalty to his England club because they pulled serious strings to get him there because of his rap sheet.
The type of assault Zane has (bodily harm) typically excludes players/peeps from the UK. He is appreciate of this and it’s been a longtime goal to travel Europe, and he has a chance too now.

The dogs deal is slightly better than what he is getting (so probably same ca$h,terms and conditions as Elliot ) but he’s ummming and aaahing. This could be a negotiation tactic, could just be loyalty. Might not even be worth more.

Also the club is talking to Widdop and wants him as a mentor to Flanno, but Barrets not overly keen, source of contention. Barrett probably will win out here.

There’s also Staggs which eveRhine knows about and they are frantically looking for a hooker. Liddle from the tigers has been discussed.

There was also a serious push late last year toget Fidow from the cowboys, but I think it’s fizzled.
Thanks bro cuz... I know some in here had their doubts you would respond but I’ve been pretty staunch in telling everyone you’d come through. Enjoy the anniversary tomorrow and hope the food where you are is as good as the duck spring rolls at a touch of salt. Pretty keen like most on JT and Tets will be polarising but he’s better than Napa who is on a small fortune. Paps sounds like it might be a “goer”. I think your contact is stitching you up and trying to make you look silly with suggesting Gosiewski... he’s an ok player but not going to make much difference to our predicament. Thoughts, comments, likes and shares.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
JT has categorically stated he will see out the remainder of of his contract..so make of that what you will..
I can’t see Paps ending up anywhere but the new Brisbane team in 23..coinciding with his contract renewal..
Or staying at the Storm.
Better options than Tetevano..chase Afoa and Hamlin-Uele..
Gosiewski is surely a joke..but then again, Barrett signed Waddell, so who knows.
Fidow on one wing and JAC on the other would give nightmares to the opposition teams.
Gela-Mosby hasn’t been sited in the Cowboys team for a while..
I know he gets around up here in Cairns and has a court case pending,but his speed can’t be denied if you can teach him to tackle.
Clark needs to be chased hard to replace Katoa..much better option than Liddle.
Second string hooker out of Robson and Cotter need to be pursued too.
Staggs will stay in QLD I reckon..pretty sure he has stated he wants to remain in QLD..
I reckon Kris or Naden will be more likely.
Thoughts?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
JT has categorically stated he will see out the remainder of of his contract..so make of that what you will..
I can’t see Paps ending up anywhere but the new Brisbane team in 23..coinciding with his contract renewal..
Or staying at the Storm.
Gosiewski is surely a joke..but then again, Barrett signed Waddell, so who knows.
Fidow on one wing and JAC on the other would give nightmares to the opposition teams.
I know he gets around up here in Cairns and has a court case pending,but his speed can’t be denied if you can teach him to tackle.
Staggs will stay in QLD I reckon..pretty sure he has stated he wants to remain in QLD..
Thoughts?
Did JT mention he was going to stay in Townsville till the end of his contract recently? Not sure he gets on with his coach and I think Payten is looking to free up funds letting go off McGuire, Morgan medical retirement and if he offloads JT then he has substantial funds and squad spots to recruit his own roster.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did JT mention he was going to stay in Townsville till the end of his contract recently? Not sure he gets on with his coach and I think Payten is looking to free up funds letting go off McGuire, Morgan medical retirement and if he offloads JT then he has substantial funds and squad spots to recruit his own roster.
Pretty sure it was within the last week or so..
Not sure if anyone else can confirm?
I see him being a one club player..and clearly he did too, by signing such a long term deal.
I can’t see Payten being there when JT’s contract is up for renewal.
God he would be welcome at Belmore though.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure it was within the last week or so..
Not sure if anyone else can confirm?
I see him being a one club player..and clearly he did too, by signing such a long term deal.
I can’t see Payten being there when JT’s contract is up for renewal.
God he would be welcome at Belmore though.
Would chu take him on a 6 yr deal at 1.1 mil?

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would chu take him on a 6 yr deal at 1.1 mil?
Personally..no
I don’t think he is as damaging as he was a few seasons ago..
He still has solid games, but I think he is worth 800-900k a season for 3-4yrs

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally..no
I don’t think he is as damaging as he was a few seasons ago..
He still has solid games, but I think he is worth 800-900k a season for 3-4yrs
That’s what I think too but to get him to move intereststatw and deal with Sydney prices and all that I think we need to come in over the top just a little bit. Even with his apparent disdain of payten, I think he would just stay out and beat it otherwise.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s what I think too but to get him to move intereststatw and deal with Sydney prices and all that I think we need to come in over the top just a little bit. Even with his apparent disdain of payten, I think he would just stay out and beat it otherwise.
Maybe if we can, come back in over the top with TPS rather then all in the cap. That and bank on the cap increasing over the course of his contract. Right now as good as he is and he would drastically change our go forward... $1.1m equates to 2 good forwards.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or staying at the Storm.
Thoughts?
I can definitely see Paps signing with us. He's from NSW so you'd think he'd want to come back home to be closer to his family. There is no reason for him to want to move to QLD (unlike Munster and Grant who are Queenslanders. I think one or both of them will end up at the new Brisbane side). Don't forget he grew up a Bulldogs fan, you can't underestimate the power that has. I think he'll get offers from a host of clubs, and the money and length of deals will be almost identical, so it'll come down to the roster, coach and hopefully playing for the club he supported as a kid. I love the fact that we're already negotiating with his management, that's a very good sign. Hopefully JAC is in his ear and he's watching Burton play because he's the biggest marketing tool we have right now

Fidow would be awesome. Speed, speed, speed. After watching the 2 slowest outside backs in the comp, in Hoppa and Montoya, we deserve to have outside backs with friggin speed, especially after we recruited another turtle in Allen

Gosiewski ...yuk.

Agree with the hookers. Liddle would be a minor upgrade on what we have but the bloke is always injured. If we can't get Clark or B.Smith, we need to go for Robson, Cotter or Simpkins from the Tigers.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Ikea date? WTF.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paps dad calls the shots and where Bellamy lands may influence the outcome.