The only times we will win this season

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Turning point was rfm dropping that ball. Plain and simple. Score that I’m confident we win. Weather today points are gold. Instead drops it sharks get down and score with Katoa. 12 point turn around. Morrins no try for a push was horse shit to. Yet they can drive burton back in goal after grounding out of goal etc two rules
Agree RFM scores we win. Tough conditions and the dogs put in a decent effort. No shame in today's performance

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The weather was my only concern and how we adjusted to a grinding game rather than the ad lib free flowing footy we've been playing. The boys played ok, but so many errors in our own half especially cost us.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our winger that got concussed had the worst debut I ve seen..he was a passenger. He needs to be introduced in small amounts as a reserve. That didn't help our chances.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems to me jac seems responsible for at least a try a game that’s becoming concerning as teams are targeting him big time with his jam in defence.
he only jams in because schoupp rushes up out of the line to put a shot on that doesn’t need to happen

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Very true, the Burton hype train will come crashing down as well.

We need a full pre season of quality coaching and fitness to really turn the corner.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Should never of picked a a winger on debut in these conditions, cost us 12 points. Apart from that we could of won the game if a few little things went our way… Sharks are 3rd remember.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is also a lot of deadwood to go for 2023 onwards before we can be a finals team.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We had very little in these conditions, and it would have been a different game if the ref had sat 1 or 2 of their guys down for repeated ruck infringements in the first half.
Yh we've been really good at playing though the forwards and pushing up hard in support and that just isn't something you can do in these conditions. Refs didn't help like you said and if RFM scores that try it could've been a different result. Really not worth getting worked up over this game but there were still some disappointing things happening.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think we went ok considering the the challenges we had with Casey and no TPJ. Burton was SOO hungover as well so to lose by 12 was pretty reasonable. We get the bye and then 3 games I think we can win.
Burton played like he didn’t want to get injured for game 3

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As long as we beat the Titans in 3 weeks, that's all that matters lol.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too early to tell. Lets see how we go against Souths, hopefully in dry conditions

It was a little concerning that the Sharks looked likely to score every time they got in our 20 whereas we reverted back to Desball.

We need the new coach to come in and completely blow up our attack and start again
The tigers game was the same as in the tigers made a lot of meters even though they couldn't score if you watch the whole game they still came out of their half pretty easy, defence wins games especially in a rain affected game.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t judge the team off todays game to be honest. Those conditions were ridiculous. How can it be this state of art stadium and have it like that when it rains. The boys tried hard. Our defence in that first half was impressive. We were patient in attack and the try on HT I thought would be the boost. If RFM gets that try just after HT, who knows how the game turns out.

All in all we played a team currently sitting 3rd. We didn’t disgrace ourselves. Have a rest next week, then get ready for the last stretch of the season. Couple more wins to be had.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the last 2 games we won, we comprehensively outplayed the other team. Nothing at all to do with the other team turning up and expecting a win.

Sharks was always going to be tough game. They are one of few sides not impacted by injuries at the moment.

- Add in playing effectively in a lake.
- Add in playing 57 minutes with 3 on the bench, and 38 with only 2 on the bench.
- Add in crucial mistakes by a debut player (when it should have been Braidon Burns in that spot).
- Add in having to play a COMPLETELY different game in the wet, without the coach available for most of the week.

Then

- Add in the RFM no try.
- Add in the Morrin BS no try.

Suddenly things don't seem that bad.

The effort was there but the game didn't play out how we'd have hoped and no luck went our way.

On a dry track, with reasonable officials, we probably win that game.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is also a lot of deadwood to go for 2023 onwards before we can be a finals team.
Brandon Wakeham, Joe Stimson, Corey Waddell, Matt Doorey, Corey Allan, Matt Dufty, Corey Waddell, Jayden Okunbor and Ava Seumanufagai...

Who else?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Reactions: mez