The old school Hip/Hop/Rap Thread/DMX Dead

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DMX , Bone thugs, Ice cube and cypress hill are my rappers, all albums from all , on CD still to this day.
I was a fiend for collecting hip hop cds back in the day. I have majority of ice cube, all NWA, all of Dre, all of Wu tang, plus the good ol classics from Reakwon, Gza, Ol dirty. Most of cypress hill, and heaps more. Loved the funk flex mix tapes, and others like Soundbombing and Lyricist lounge. I still have about 400 cds in original covers.
The first cd i bought was All eyez on me, and West side connections Bow Down.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a fiend for collecting hip hop cds back in the day. I have majority of ice cube, all NWA, all of Dre, all of Wu tang, plus the good ol classics from Reakwon, Gza, Ol dirty. Most of cypress hill, and heaps more. Loved the funk flex mix tapes, and others like Soundbombing and Lyricist lounge. I still have about 400 cds in original covers.
Dubb C and Mack 10. Man, so long ago. C.R.E.A.M a classic from the Shaolin clan. Infamous Mobb Deep another goat group

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yea man. Wutang still a part of my collection, odb and Gza was also good..!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dubb C and Mack 10. Man, so long ago. C.R.E.A.M a classic from the Shaolin clan. Infamous Mobb Deep another goat group
Yup. Shout out to Mobb deep also.!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That album was bangin!! I have Mack 10 The recipe too.
Classic Wu was the business!! Liquid swords and Only built for Cuban linx were epic albums. Tical also.
MC Rens solo stuff was great too. Mad Scientist is an epic track!!
Kurupt, Snoop, Tha liks, the list goes on and on!!!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
DMX , Bone thugs, Ice cube and cypress hill are my rappers, all albums from all , on CD still to this day.
BONE THUGS hell yeh.
Still listen to them now

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
love cypress .. but BT and Ice were never my style..

Love Eazy E, Dre, Snoop (Early stuff only) Warren G, Nate etc.....

i even got into Spice 1 .. hes a bit unknown in Aus..
How could you not like Cube??? They guys a fucking lyrical god!!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
FMD this brings back memories.
Yup, I have all albums, dvds, rare content,

you remember the song by krazie bone called -kneight Rieduz ? Was very different.!! But awesome.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Xzibit played here in Cairns about 10 years ago it seems. Maybe less. It was a small venue, and there couldnt have been more then 100 people there. You could go to the bar to buy a drink, and then be front row when you got back. Fucking epic!!!!!
FB_IMG_1618307548566.jpg

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yup indeed, Westside connection was the best album .!!
Cube just kills it on everything. Loved his old albums like Amerikkka's most wanted, The Predator and Lethal injection. Everything he has ever done is dope. Once upon a time in the projects is one of my favouritetracks by any rapper. Epic!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks DMX , for the great music/memories .. and giving us boys a great topic to chat about .. you really are a legend,, must he looking down on us already .!!!

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Rest in Peace to another hip hop legend! The first artist not rapper ARTIST in history to drop 2 #1 albums in the SAME YEAR & have them go plat. Also DMX’s first 5 studio albums went multi-platinum. This man made the soundtrack to my youth. He was the definition of 0-100 real quick. A real one. Had hits on hits on hits. These rappers could only dream of the success and run that this man had. You can rest now D. LONG LIVE DARK MAN X !!!! Fuckin’ heartbreaking...

ddt192

Reaction score
i own all of those albums .. i almost cant pick a favourite.. ..

DMX and Xzibit are my 2 favorite rappers.. Restless is my favourite rap album of all time though
Restless is Xzibits best work hands down. Executive Produced by Dr. Dre and is a West Coast masterpiece. During that early 2000’s run where Snoop Dre Dogg Pound Up In Smoke Tour camp had the game in a vice grip. What a time..

• Love
Reactions: GDR

ddt192

Reaction score
Xzibit played here in Cairns about 10 years ago it seems. Maybe less. It was a small venue, and there couldnt have been more then 100 people there. You could go to the bar to buy a drink, and then be front row when you got back. Fucking epic!!!!!View attachment 23071
First ever show I went to was an Xzibit show here in Sydney back in 07/08 I think on MTV’s The Lair (filmed at Metro George St) He rocked the fkn house. He’s a great live showman.

ddt192

Reaction score
Some good shit for u guys