The Official "Weekend" Thread

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So, anyone got anything interesting on this weekend?

I'm entering my 9th week with my in laws in the house, so it's showing them around town and another week with no post baby sex.
Sounds like you have earned ya-self a boys weekend ... feel free to show mrs croydondog this message if it helps :laughing:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like you have earned ya-self a boys weekend ... feel free to show mrs croydondog this message if it helps :laughing:
I thought I would majorly cut back drinking when he was born, but in between bathing him around 5, and dinner (say 6:30 -7), I tend to retreat to my office on the premise of needing to "feed the god" (which is true), and knock back a few to make the evening more bearable....

The only plus is that I have been enjoying the odd boys night out as I know Mrs CD has support at home. When they go home, I won't be able to do that so much, but I will be happier over all I think.

Mrs CD knows its wearing me down, and so hasn't complained once about my beer consumption, or subsequent nocturnal flatulence :grinning:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Friday - went to drinks after work. I started off in Martin Place, and somehow ended up at Verandah Bar. First time I went there, ironically, was during the 2006 FIFA World Cup

Saturday - went to the shops early in the morning. Had a coffee. Came home, slept most of the day in the sun. Watched the LOLroos at night. More sleep.

Sunday - Another morning coffee in the shops, followed by a Lebo BBQ Lunch, then watched the LOL-Tigpies lose to the faders, then watched a couple of episodes of Scorpion, then sleep.

Wahesh

Reaction score
What's on peeps?

Tonight: Might give the Women's State of Origin a go... even though I might fall asleep after 5 mins. Then watch the World Cup later on.

Saturday: Nothing interesting. Normal errands in the day the WC at night. Not even going to bother with the internationals... except maybe watch the Samoa vs Tonga haka. That's generally awesome.

Sunday: I got a Christening during the day then SoO at night. If there's a good WC game on after it, I might watch that too.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What's on peeps?

Tonight: Might give the Women's State of Origin a go... even though I might fall asleep after 5 mins. Then watch the World Cup later on.

Saturday: Nothing interesting. Normal errands in the day the WC at night. Not even going to bother with the internationals... except maybe watch the Samoa vs Tonga haka. That's generally awesome.

Sunday: I got a Christening during the day then SoO at night. If there's a good WC game on after it, I might watch that too.
Me and the mrs are going away for the weekend down to broulee to celebrate our first wedding anniversary!! Meant to be pretty cold so I am sure there will be lots of snuggling!!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Me and the mrs are going away for the weekend down to broulee to celebrate our first wedding anniversary!! Meant to be pretty cold so I am sure there will be lots of snuggling!!
It's actually meant to be nice and clear down there over the weekend. Sunny skies but 16 - absolutely blissful. See if you can leave early though about 6am - that way you arrive there by about 9:00-9:30am and still have the day ahead of you.

You got any activities planned though? It's tiny town.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What's on peeps?

Fall asleep ... @Wahesh it's woman on woman action... I'd have thought you'd be watching it on the biggest screen possible to check out all those muscular thighs on show in slow-mo!

@bulldogsfan_88 Lovely place down there... friends own a holiday home down there.

If you have time:
Mogo Zoo - is excellent.
Batemans Bay Clyde River Cruise - is worth doing. Can't recall who it was with (not Merinda), but it was over a decade ago.

I recall our river trip fondly, it was like 32 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, and in our infinite wisdom we decided not to sit on the upper deck (with thinly applied sunscreen). What followed was almost third degree burns to our legs.. they were bright red for a week after that, and we couldn't move for 2 days :D

Wahesh

Reaction score
Fall asleep ... @Wahesh it's woman on woman action... I'd have thought you'd be watching it on the biggest screen possible to check out all those muscular thighs on show in slow-mo!
BRO I WAS CURED FROM THE CURSE. You just re-corrupted my mind :weary::sob::sleepy:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Well this weekend was a busy one.

Friday: Work Christmas Party. People getting pissed and telling lame dirty jokes. The Jewish bloke of the office was the biggest Wally there but we had a good time all up.
Saturday: Shyte. I had to come into the city for my cousins birthday and the rain and train delays made for a nightmare.
Sunday: Another Christmas party. Was ok as it was a lunch. The food was good.

By the way... the Christmas Party on Friday was NOT to the same standard as The Kennel's Christmas party thank you very much @Mr Invisible...