Opinion The off season

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said a while ago that I had a feeling this off-season was gonna be a lot of movement and fast too to get business sorted before preseason and or clubs will there cap we have a few spots open on the roster and have kept a few for a reason.
Now that the board have hopefully sorted there shit and have one vision together esp in recruitment. The fact that we are active now talking to some good players origin caliber players in Addo Carr and signing crotric helps and Barrett’s influence is rubbing off and if laundys gonna help land some marquee players and wants a seat on the board or a unofficial say im happy if he pulls his sponsorship and tops players up with third party cash.

And as for young Flanagan I say give him a go he is young and I think unfairly blamed for roosters bail out.
given the rosters aint being cut but the salary cutting 10% next year we can land a few more targets with what money we have left.

next year is looking good for improvement anyways newish board new coaches and a fresh approach.
I’m barracking for the panthers this week only for the fact our future coach is clearys right hand man

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone pls tell me whats happening with the off season training. Will there be a shorter one as this season finished late or players taking shorter break?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Can someone pls tell me whats happening with the off season training. Will there be a shorter one as this season finished late or players taking shorter break?
Pretty much as normal, the usual ~4 week break then training starts. As usual, for teams on finals duty their ~4 weeks starts later. SOO is pretty much the same as Internationals in normal seasons, players involved also get ~4 weeks off. Commonly no training in the ~10 days around Xmas/New Year.

I haven’t seen the schedule, but the word is 3rd week in November for us.

Go Dogs

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much as normal, the usual ~4 week break then training starts. As usual, for teams on finals duty their ~4 weeks starts later. SOO is pretty much the same as Internationals in normal seasons, players involved also get ~4 weeks off. Commonly no training in the ~10 days around Xmas/New Year.

Go Dogs
Thanks for the info

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did a single dogs player make a SOO train on squad this year?.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What I was told is players start trickling back w/c 9 and 16 Nov though Baz and other new staff are keen to hit the ground running. Baz is apparently only taking a week off post GF and starts work on 2 November (unless that’s changed).

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like 1 or 2 weeks shorter training wise. Normally at the start of nov if im not mistaken.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Read somewhere that players agreement changed from 6 weeks off to now 7 mandatory weeks off.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Garlic chicken is what will be happening until the new coach arrives..