The Obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Another year and its our spine which is letting us down once again.

With Foran not playing tonight it was the same result with another HB, with the only difference tonights HB is on 10 times less than what our "marquee" signing is getting paid.

We are the second last in points scored and our defence is pretty much comparable with the majority of the 8. Only the West Tigers have a better defence than us in the bottom 8.

Our average metres per game is 1403 (4th best)

With Mbye, Frawley, Foran & Lichaa chewing a total of more than $2m from our cap we can surely recruite a better spine for that money

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are in a massive pile of shit with floporan on our books.

What makes it worse is the **** is on our books till 2020

We wont be going anywhere with purchasing unknowns in critical positions, i.e spine

Blooding players on the wing, off the bench yes definitely, but you need quality and exprience in the spine. Melbourne are a perfect example and the Sharks have done well there.

The balance is just way off and the club must find a way to fuck floporan off so we can purchase a half decent half and hooker to accompany those 2 young Newcastle kids coming in

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are a rudderless ship thanks to a shocking spine.

Woods might be on overs by 200k but Floporan is 1m on overs

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On that last play from a scrum yesterday, there was a huge space on the "blind side" with Morris only marked by his opposite. I would have thrown him the ball with all the other players on both side lined out on the opposite side of the field. I would have backed Morris to score. Instead they went the other way and fiddled eventually kicking to the Morris wing but by then St George had the numbers. The big problem apart from the weak defence is no-one has any vision. No-one can spot the weaknesses and opening gaps in the opposition. No-one can kick, whether in general play or for goal and Woods once again lost the game with a needless and stupid late tackle penalty in front of the posts.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
On that last play from a scrum yesterday, there was a huge space on the "blind side" with Morris only marked by his opposite. I would have thrown him the ball with all the other players on both side lined out on the opposite side of the field. I would have backed Morris to score. Instead they went the other way and fiddled eventually kicking to the Morris wing but by then St George had the numbers. The big problem apart from the weak defence is no-one has any vision. No-one can spot the weaknesses and opening gaps in the opposition. No-one can kick, whether in general play or for goal and Woods once again lost the game with a needless and stupid late tackle penalty in front of the posts.
It was a good move if Mbye kicked it higher to give B Moz time to contest

Reactions: GDR

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On that last play from a scrum yesterday, there was a huge space on the "blind side" with Morris only marked by his opposite. I would have thrown him the ball with all the other players on both side lined out on the opposite side of the field. I would have backed Morris to score. Instead they went the other way and fiddled eventually kicking to the Morris wing but by then St George had the numbers. The big problem apart from the weak defence is no-one has any vision.
They lack footy smarts.. if it was 20 years ago players like Lamb Brandy Lyons Langer Stuart etc etc would have taken that short side on..

I would have backed Morris in that 1on1

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For the money floporan is on we could have a top class fullback or halfback or we could have a half decent halfback and a class outside back

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I hear the Sharks are on the lookout for Foran. Don't know how true it is though.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As a lot of people said, floorpan (gave him a new name) our number “7” wouldn’t last the year, half way in an Injury strikes.. weather he comes back or not he is broken an as it goes we didn’t need this guy, it wasn’t a marquee signing!!

Don’t get me wrong, I was excited to have him at our club for many years!!

BUT...

It was grasping at straws hoping he would take us all the way. He knoocked us back until he needed one last hurrah an pay day to set him up..

Our club was silly enough to do it! it’s sad times this year!!
it can only get better so that’s something to look forward too.

Last edited:

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It looked like a set play
Stack the right hand side so Morris could have a 1 on 1 contest to the kick. May possibly have gone in our favour if the there was a proper kick.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought that was a good play as well. Just poorly executed.
By going right, they were trying to get moz unmarked in the left.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Our spine is fucking rubbish...
id have
6. Holdsworth
7. K.Keating
over the current pairing lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Gees, Foran doesn't even play and people are still blaming him.

Foran isn't one of our problems, like Woods he is a solution. HOWEVER at the moment our team have no idea how to play alongside players like Woods and Foran. Unlock that and we start putting down points, and lots of them.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Foran isn't one of our problems, like Woods he is a solution. HOWEVER at the moment our team have no idea how to play alongside players like Woods and Foran. Unlock that and we start putting down points, and lots of them.
Mate go through my posts. Foran for me was a saviour. But as I watch him more and more, he is busted. Completely busted. The tigers game was the worst. We needed him to step up but he couldn’t. Either he is mentally fucked, physically fucked or badly out of form. I think it’s 1 and 2.

He was a classy player, but something has happpend to his body to a point where he can’t laterally defend, and play both sides of the field.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You are basing Foran from the 2007-2013 years.

Since 2014 his body and mind has broken down to where it is unrepairable. We are forking out millions of dollars over the next 3 years for this **** to "magically" come back to shape?

**** only came here as he knew it was his last contract and we (Dib) were the only dumbcunts (Dib) to fall for it thanks to his mate Des n Dib.

Remember when that fat smelly **** Dib gave Foran "a vigorous and thorough mental test" and declared Foran mentally and physically fit? You can bet your last dollar there were no tests performed on the ****

You have consistently been praising Desasters signings through the years like Williams, Lichaa, Foran & Woods who have ALL been overpaid flops, because you always had the view, what Haslers says and does, is the gospel.

Fuck that **** and fuck that **** floporan.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
You are basing Foran from the 2007-2013 years.

Since 2014 his body and mind has broken down to where it is unrepairable. We are forking out millions of dollars over the next 3 years for this **** to "magically" come back to shape?

**** only came here as he knew it was his last contract and we (Dib) were the only dumbcunts (Dib) to fall for it thanks to his mate Des n Dib.

Remember when that fat smelly **** Dib gave Foran "a vigorous and thorough mental test" and declared Foran mentally and physically fit? You can bet your last dollar there were no tests performed on the ****

You have consistently been praising Desasters signings through the years like Williams, Lichaa, Foran & Woods who have ALL been overpaid flops, because you always had the view, what Haslers says and does, is the gospel.

Fuck that **** and fuck that **** floporan.
Couldn't agree more

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The idea was right to isolate there winger by running the other way but I would have preferred just hot potato stuff not a kick. Very hard to score off a kick on the last play of the game, we needed to get lucky going through the hands with offloads. I wish we had 30 more seconds to play I reckon we would have gone over to score

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The idea was right to isolate there winger by running the other way but I would have preferred just hot potato stuff not a kick. Very hard to score off a kick on the last play of the game, we needed to get lucky going through the hands with offloads. I wish we had 30 more seconds to play I reckon we would have gone over to score
We had 80minutes.. 30 more seconds would have just delayed the inevitable brainfart by one of our spine players

Status
Not open for further replies.