The NRL should introduce a 3 card system

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Red = Sent off. Team plays with 12 men for the rest of the game.

Orange = Player is sent off but is allowed to be replaced. Therefor a team is down to only 3 on the bench for the rest of the game.

Yellow = 10 minutes in the bin.

Malla

Reaction score
It’s Wednesday and I am excited that the weekend is within reach and I read dumb shit like this and it fucks my mood

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Na, just reduce sin bins to 5 minutes and actually start policing things. 10 minutes is too much imo.
This! Was it against souths that JMK was sinbinned? They then scored 3 tries and the game was out of reach.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need to simplify what refs can do/how they do it, when we introduce more they will indeed get more wrong.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
They do need a 5 minute sin bin for certain stuff. Like giving someone 10 minutes for something as low level as holding down in a tackle a second too long, just because team mates had done it a few times before them, is ridiculous. Like when JMK got binned recently. Probably doesn't deserve a sin bin at all, but if they must, 5 minutes seems fairer for that. 10 minutes should only be for foul play that isnt a send off offence imo

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What I'd like is a system where if fans voted that refs made a certain number of crucial errors in a game they cop a fortnight off without pay. ***** would be impartial in no time.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to simplify what refs can do/how they do it, when we introduce more they will indeed get more wrong.
This. The game needs to be simplified with fewer rules and discretions, not more.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just change the rule so the sent off player takes no further part in the game and can be replaced with someone else left in the remaining 16 after 10 mins. The sent off player is autmatically refererred to the judicary but the team is only down a man for 10 mins of the game.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Orange = Player is sent off but is allowed to be replaced. Therefor a team is down to only 3 on the bench for the rest of the game.

Only problem with orange is some teams might risk a player to take out the other teams best player.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Only problem with orange is some teams might risk a player to take out the other teams best player.
At very least "Orange" player should not be allowed to be replaced for a set period of time, otherwise there is a risk that a tired forward in the 2nd half, who was about to be replaced anyway could be used in the way you're saying.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Then you get a red for that.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

And what happens if the ref is colour blind.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Then you get a red for that.
Then how will this be policed?
Intentional or accidental?
Then refs interpretation of what’s foul play, for example manly south’s game that was an accident.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kunz can't administer the rules we already have. Just administer the current rules fairly across the board to all teams.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The most simple way to clean up this corruption is to make the rules black and white and get rid of ALL interpretation.

But the real owners of this betting product we call league won't allow that to happen.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Then how will this be policed?
Intentional or accidental?
Then refs interpretation of what’s foul play, for example manly south’s game that was an accident.
Depends on the severity of the incident. I didn't think Karl Lawton deserved to be sent off. An Orange card in my system would've been fairer.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Depends on the severity of the incident. I didn't think Karl Lawton deserved to be sent off. An Orange card in my system would've been fairer.
That will give more power to the refs and add more corruption IMO.
But I agree Karl didn’t deserve a sent off.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That will give more power to the refs and add more corruption IMO.
But I agree Karl didn’t deserve a sent off.
How would it add more corruption? It's better than having players sent off when they don't deserve to be.