The NRL Rookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Oh hang on ... I'm thinking of Windsor Wolves = Panthers NSW RL... and then Wolves went in favour of Panthers NSWRL..

*sigh* ... its all too confusing :(

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
AFAIK it was filmed this year, but the winner has not been announced/disclosed, and the top 3 at the end filmed 3 different endings depending on the winner (like they do on many shows these days)..

If Jordan wins he's already signed up to Mounties (Roosters feeder club).
It was filmed last yr bro
Next weeks episode is them going to cowboys bronx grand final
Long time to be hanging around for a 1 yr nrl contract
Still think Jordan will win
Based on talent / age

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH epic episode...

Watching it is worthwhile just to see Elias Power get shut the F down by the psych woman in the shed debriefing session.

She puts the arrogant prick back in his place, and then he displays EXACTLY what she accuses him off, whilst he makes an absolute tosser of himself.

Jordans injuries are his issue.. Would end up another Chase Stanley in the NRL.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anybody still watching.? Just viewed the first part of Episode 8 of the show anyone who has not watched it please look away.......

Royden Gillett was sent home for this reason;After the Grand final last year all the remaining players in the show were told they could go and have a bit of a celebration, a night off...but they had to set a curfew which they needed to follow and that was 11pm. All went home but one snuck back out and did not return until 5am the next morning. He fessed up after he realised that Fittler knew what had happened ( they had vision of him sneaking back in) and was immediately expelled from the show for letting his team mates down and that he did not have what it took to be a player in the NRL. Not the behaviour expected of someone in the NRL: team comes first, and you are under intense scrutiny so you have to watch what you do etc. etc. : LOL LOL LOL if that was the case in the real world there would be so many players who would have been "sent home"
Watch from about 8 minutes on.
http://nrlrookie.com/

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@dogluva

Going by what he did, I think he would fit perfectly into any NRL team.

Hark at what Fittler said etc, he did the same & much worse when he was a player.

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
But seriously what a dumb fuck you get a chance of a lifetime and he couldn't stick to a curefew what a spanner

Reactions: Izy

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought peter Lee was the only one with any kind of talent but now that he's gone I'm afraid these guys have nearly drowned themselves and jumped off buildings to earn a 1 year contract in reserve grade and then be cut

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fittler was defending Mitchell Pearces dog-loving then ruins Roydons dreams for catching up with mates? Bloke regularly commentates under the influence

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
AFAIK it was filmed this year, but the winner has not been announced/disclosed, and the top 3 at the end filmed 3 different endings depending on the winner (like they do on many shows these days)..

If Jordan wins he's already signed up to Mounties (Roosters feeder club).
So they can ruin the kid like they have done to J.Burgess.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Royden's playing reserves with Parra now so if he's good enough he can still make the NRL

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Jordan Martin made the Ron Massey Cups NSW Rep side on the wing too.

So left are:
Jordan Martin (21) - Defensive liability and injury prone.
Chris Hyde (27) - Too old to start an NRL Career.
Lou Goowdin (24) - Currently playing for Mounties.. so you'd think he'd have made it by now.
Reece Joyce (24) -

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jordan Martin made the Ron Massey Cups NSW Rep side on the wing too.

So left are:
Jordan Martin (21) - Defensive liability and injury prone.
Chris Hyde (27) - Too old to start an NRL Career.
Lou Goowdin (24) - Currently playing for Mounties.. so you'd think he'd have made it by now.
Reece Joyce (24) -
I reckon Joyce will be gone next episode. He was absolutely shocking in that last game against the indigenous rep side.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I reckon Joyce will be gone next episode. He was absolutely shocking in that last game against the indigenous rep side.
Jordan Martin had a shocker as well.

I'm thinking Hyde or Jordan Martin next..

Reactions: Izy

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really enjoy it. That water challenge fucked me up just watching. Lou Goodwin has to win right?

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
yep the more i watch..the more i Goodwin looks better than the rest of them...
just want to know which club they will be playing reggies for?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But seriously what a dumb fuck you get a chance of a lifetime and he couldn't stick to a curefew what a spanner
Current NRL players do worse than this and look at the punishment they get.

Corey Norman for instance; after his club and coaches of other clubs whinging about player privacy, it turns out he had actually taken vision and sent it to other players: don't whinge about invasion of privacy if the dick head put some of the vision out there himself.This, plus consorting with criminals and in possession of drugs gets you 8 weeks and a small fine; Todd Carney how many chances for serious off field infringements did he get, Blake Ferguson etc. etc. : breaking curfew ( and we heard nothing about any abhorrent behaviour by Gillett) means NO chance of participating in the quest to play for a contract in the NRL. Looks like if you are a player of talent already in the game it is harder to get the sack.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Royden's playing reserves with Parra now so if he's good enough he can still make the NRL
Well the way the higher profile players are going his pathway will not be as difficult as some. He can take the place of the next player at that club who either gets the sack or is moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.