THE NINE GREATEST FINALS CHOKES OF ALL-TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can still remember how cocky those Eels were the afternoon of 29-0. Especially when it came to Hindmarsh
Lil Ms Fabulous, you have to hand it to old Hiney. He mooned everyone on a weekly basis in tv land and not an eyebrow was raised. His bum crack saw more day light hours than Bondi had boucing boobs, and not once was he done for indecent exposure. :grinning:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
2006? i was there...up 16 nil or something at half time and then got pumped and Brisbane won the comp...
that was the 1 that got away!!!
Yeah I was there too. Only time we drove to the SFS and my mates car breaks down lol

It was a fucked up night.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
7. St George v Canterbury, 1985 grand final

In 1985 Saints were on the verge of emulating the heroics of their 1963 squad by winning all three grades in the NSWRL competition. Both their Under 23s and Reserve Grade sides got up, but firsts faltered, mainly due to Warren Ryan’s ingenious game plan which involved Canterbury halfback Steve Mortimer continually bombing Saints fullback Glen Burgess in-goal, forcing numerous line drop outs and starving Roy Masters’ side of the ball. An Andrew Farrar field goal proved the difference in the 7-6 score line, but this wasn’t a true indication of Canterbury’s dominance.
Well written mate - spot on. Yes we were totally dominate in that game - Ryan's bombing game executed masterfully by Turvey caused the rule to be changed to the now bomb diffuse rule. We strangled them out of the game.

5. Manly v Sydney Bulldogs, 1995 grand final

In 1995 Manly were on fire. Minor premiers, they started the year with 13 consecutive victories and ended up just dropping two games in the lead up to the last Sunday of September. The Bulldogs on the other hand had scraped into the finals in sixth place after being almost torn apart by the Super League war. Manly had crushed the Dogs 26-0 last time they met, but that meant nothing as the Terry Lamb led Blue-and-Whites completely shut the minor premiers out of the game, chalking up an impressive 17-4 win.
Maaaaate - I was at that game - will never forget Dymock running at Toovey and flicking it around the corner to (someone, sorry) who scored. We felt like giant Killers that day. What a win.

Thanks Vlasnik great post.
PS: The pic is actually Des after the Souths game last week. (showing his true colours).

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Funny because number 9 was when I actually didn't mind the Rabbitohs. Ive always hated Manly and still do but oh how times have changed on the Rabbitohs front

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He sure was. Great player Polly.
He was a prick in real life though. Came to my high school with a few other players and did not want to be there at all.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow - yeah image is not reality.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Lil Ms Fabulous, you have to hand it to old Hiney. He mooned everyone on a weekly basis in tv land and not an eyebrow was raised. His bum crack saw more day light hours than Bondi had boucing boobs, and not once was he done for indecent exposure. :grinning:
If you remember the Ten Pin Bowling challenge that was on Boots and All, they called Hindy The Money Box Man because he always showed his butt crack LMAO

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I went to that game in 98 with a large group of Parra supporters.

What a comeback. Polly was on fire.
We were there as well and the 2 women (parra supporters) behind us (still remember their names...Pam and Sue) were going to get their GF tickets that day, they were so confident of winning, going on and on about not winning a GF for 13 years and this was their year. When the game finished I turned around and said you'll be waiting another 13 years before you win one.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We were there as well and the 2 women (parra supporters) behind us (still remember their names...Pam and Sue) were going to get their GF tickets that day, they were so confident of winning, going on and on about not winning a GF for 13 years and this was their year. When the game finished I turned around and said you'll be waiting another 13 years before you win one.
Ohhh that's cold hahaha!!!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Do people here even know what a choke is? If we lose on Sunday, it will not be a choke.

YOU CHOKE IF YOU ARE HEAVILY PRICED FAVORITES AND YOU LOSE. WE ARE NOT FAVORITES, LET ALONE HEAVILY PRICED FAVORITES.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well written mate - spot on. Yes we were totally dominate in that game - Ryan's bombing game executed masterfully by Turvey caused the rule to be changed to the now bomb diffuse rule. We strangled them out of the game.

Maaaaate - I was at that game - will never forget Dymock running at Toovey and flicking it around the corner to (someone, sorry) who scored. We felt like giant Killers that day. What a win.

Thanks Vlasnik great post.
PS: The pic is actually Des after the Souths game last week. (showing his true colours).
Price scored from memory

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
2006 Prelim
It's a repressed memory lol
Have said it many times before, but..

Have a look at the 1st 2 Broncos tries and tell me the rort wasn't on.

Spoken to a few who were at the game who all said the second half 10 metres was non existent for the Broncos and almost 15 metres for the Dogs.

Same bullshit 10 metre interpretation still ruining games. You have 4 refs and 90% of the time they are ignoring offside and all looking at the ruck.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=MJ_f8M_GsZY

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only thing that gets me smiling these about our club is past heroics... our record since 2004 hasnt brought much joy

Dogs of war76

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone know what Polly does now? Is he still involved with the club, a much underated player in my book

Status
Not open for further replies.