Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow.!!!

Be nice too see how it all plays out etc, been a nice roller coaster this year An has been PLENTY of positives from the whole outfit..

I’m sure pay an co will have things ready to fire an positions filled correctly (or close too) next year. Will be another signature or two I’m sure lol.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stats arent everything but this shows Lichaa isnt as bad as people make him out to be. Therefore id rather just keep Lichaa as our hooker next year and purchase a gun centre instead of a hooker.

Lichaa is ranked 1st for tackle efficiency for hookers, in fact he maybe ranked 1st in the nrl for all positions. With Jackson at lock klemmer and Tolman as starting props then good luck to rather teams trying to go though the middle.

With a strong kicking game i.e lewis and a our super strong def in the middle then chances are most of our opposition will be stuck down there end for the majority of most games.
Pay said...We will be announcing two players in the next few weeks.
1. CHN
2. Segeyaro ???
But I can confirm we are after a classy center and we are prepared to wait !!!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Prop?
Klemmer
Id still like for us to have Taupau type of prop to start with Klemmer

The four names you mentioned (Tolman
Ogden, Fualalo, Sue, Toomaga) arent starting props in strong lineup

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id still like for us to have Taupau type of prop to start with Klemmer

The four names you mentioned (Tolman
Ogden, Fualalo, Sue, Toomaga) arent starting props in strong lineup
But we make more than enough metres with them, I'd rather spend money on a quality half, otherwise we're still at square 1
March down field like we always do then lost in oppo 20
Another gun forward won't change that

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But we make more than enough metres with them, I'd rather spend money on a quality half, otherwise we're still at square 1
March down field like we always do then lost in oppo 20
Another gun forward won't change that
Halfback Hooker is priority a good prop centre winger would be a welcome bonus

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Halfback Hooker is priority a good prop centre winger would be a welcome bonus
Don't have enough coin for all that tho
Concentrate on what we need first then build rest up

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think some more ISP boys are knocking on the door and will take their opportunities but we definitely need a key signing *cough* hooker

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No particular order

Lichaa:
7 Assists
6 LB Assists
94.3% Tackle efficiency

C.Smith
3 Assists
8 LB Assists
92.7% Tackle Efficiency

D.Cook
7 Assists
9 LB Assists
91.3% Tackle Efficiency

J.Friend
7 Assists
6 LB Assists
91% Tackle Efficiency

J.Brailey
1 Assist
2 LB Assists
91.3% Tackle Efficiency

A.Koroisau
6 Assists
5 LB Assists
86.8% Tackle Efficiency
Statistics are shite if they were that correct we should have come in a lot higher than 12th the only statistic that should be taken seriously is the one on the score board!! Anything else can be doctored to suit the statistician for their own agendas youd think we would have learnt from hasbeens record

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Hopoate
2. Crichton
3. CHN/Manu/?
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Chicko
10. Klemmer
11. JJ
12. Martin
13. Elliot

14. RFM
15. Sue
16. Ogden
17. Woolford
Best we got at this stage, early days though but since we are into pipe dreams, what about drinkwater, oates, manu, isacc luke did i forget anyone oh yea the hooker from manly and sbw

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stats arent everything but this shows Lichaa isnt as bad as people make him out to be. Therefore id rather just keep Lichaa as our hooker next year and purchase a gun centre instead of a hooker.

Lichaa is ranked 1st for tackle efficiency for hookers, in fact he maybe ranked 1st in the nrl for all positions. With Jackson at lock klemmer and Tolman as starting props then good luck to rather teams trying to go though the middle.

With a strong kicking game i.e lewis and a our super strong def in the middle then chances are most of our opposition will be stuck down there end for the majority of most games.
Stats mean nothing, lichaa fails the pub test big time. Way too slow to pass the ball, his passes are terrible and he falls over when he runs. He also makes way toany wrong decisions when we are attacking. Yes he can tackle but that is it.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think some more ISP boys are knocking on the door and will take their opportunities but we definitely need a key signing *cough* hooker
I couldnt see any isp boys knocking on the door this year anyone with 1st grade talent we took already.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Statistics are shite if they were that correct we should have come in a lot higher than 12th the only statistic that should be taken seriously is the one on the score board!! Anything else can be doctored to suit the statistician for their own agendas youd think we would have learnt from hasbeens record
Not entirely shit. Stats are tangible and useful but not everything

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I really don't understand the Seggy fawning in here. He should not be allowed anywhere near our club. Him and his mate Norman are not "family club" material. Sure he is good for 15-20 mins every 3rd game, but he in no way is the answer. It is clear our issues are in the spine and another centre position. With CHN our forwards are now complete and there is some healthy competition with 2-3 first graders who will play in ISP next year as there wont be enough room to fit them all in.

Whilst our spine is not terrible, the real issue is we have a broken 5/8 who is playing halfback, a rookie half/5/8 who may thrive but at this stage is only a prospect, a slow defensive hooker, and a slow but skillful fullback. We have bought a new fullback and halfback but these 2 are only average at this stage and future prospects. What we lack is 1 superstar in any of these positions and this is our real issue. It is the sum of all parts of our spine that make it average. 1 superstar in any of these positions would change this. It doesn't matter which one. The good news is that Lewis, Lichaa, JMK, Cogger, Meaney all are on peanuts. Hoppa can be moved to another position. Foran is the problem. He is supposed to be our superstar, but injuries are not allowing this to happen. Replace his money on a Smith, DCE, Munster, Teddy, Cook, Taylor, Turbo, etc and we are cooking with gas. To conclude, until Foran steps up or leaves, we will struggle as 17% of our cap is being wasted and we cant afford to replace it. Seggy is not the answer, and isn't really an upgrade on what we have long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.