The next phases of our rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have had a successful rebuild up to date, we have gotten rid of a lot of deadwood in our squad such as Woods and Mbye and also rid ourselves of there horrible contracts, we have found some hidden gems in Smith and Lewis who should be mainstays in our team for the next decade and also been able to turn around our salary cap issue fairly quickly.

In my opinion, we have two glaring holes in our team that still need to be addressed, a quality hooker and a marquee back.

1. The Lichaa experiment has failed miserably and it's ridiculous that he will rack up close to 100 Bulldogs first grade games before he is next off contract. He would've been a decent dummy half a decade ago as he defends well and has a good work rate but he doesn't fit the modern needs of a dummy half, he is too slow and he's service from dummy half is beyond questionable.

We should be making Koroisau are number one priority, he is a quality hooker who has become one of the top hookers in the game in my opinion, Manly are struggling with there cap and im sure we could nab him off them. I'd also be happy with Segeyaro, he could be a real spark for us and when in form is one of the best in the comp, He does seem to have a few attitude issues though and I don't know if Pay would want that around the young boys.

2. We also lack a marquee player in our squad, every team that wins a premiership has a go-to player that can just break a game open and turn small deficits into wins. And considering how rare it is to find a forward that can go that (Taumalalo is the only current forward that's that good enough) then we need to find a superstar outside back. I don't think there are any off contract at the end of this season but I'm sure we could sound out a young star thats stuck in reserve grade or someone that's looking for a move away from their current club due to any other reasons.

1. Meaney
2. Hopoate
3. (Insert new potential star centre)
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. RFM

14. Elliot
15. Ogden
16. Fualalo
17. To'omaga

18. Martin
19. Sue
20. Cogger

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sue and Martin will be in the 17.

Soon as we piss off Foran, Lichaa and Brown more money in the kitty to upgrade in the positions we need

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Sue and Martin will be in the 17.

Soon as we piss off Foran, Lichaa and Brown more money in the kitty to upgrade in the positions we need
Martin should be but Sue will have to earn his spot in the 17. Not convinced by him whatsoever.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Martin should be but Sue will have to earn his spot in the 17. Not convinced by him whatsoever.
Sue is the perfect interchange prop. (value for money) Runs straight and hard with excellent leg drive and a quick play the ball. He will be good coming off the bench to keep the momentum going.

With the signing of Sue and CHN i think Pay will not go with a utility on the bench next year and that it is a indication that we may have signed a hooker?

I think our utilities will be Holland and CHN. If we have a forward go down we are very well covered. If the hooker goes down than Holland can go in with CHN to move into the centres and so on

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have the stats for try assits and line break assits for hookers this year. Also the stats for tackle efficiency for hookers. Im pretty sure lichaa is ranked 1st for tackle efficiency can someone confirm? Also I think his top 3 for try and line break assits for hookers only.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone have the stats for try assits and line break assits for hookers this year. Also the stats for tackle efficiency for hookers. Im pretty sure lichaa is ranked 1st for tackle efficiency can someone confirm? Also I think his top 3 for try and line break assits for hookers only.
No particular order

Lichaa:
7 Assists
6 LB Assists
94.3% Tackle efficiency

C.Smith
3 Assists
8 LB Assists
92.7% Tackle Efficiency

D.Cook
7 Assists
9 LB Assists
91.3% Tackle Efficiency

J.Friend
7 Assists
6 LB Assists
91% Tackle Efficiency

J.Brailey
1 Assist
2 LB Assists
91.3% Tackle Efficiency

A.Koroisau
6 Assists
5 LB Assists
86.8% Tackle Efficiency

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No particular order

Lichaa:
7 Assists
6 LB Assists
94.3% Tackle efficiency

C.Smith
3 Assists
8 LB Assists
92.7% Tackle Efficiency

D.Cook
7 Assists
9 LB Assists
91.3% Tackle Efficiency

J.Friend
7 Assists
6 LB Assists
91% Tackle Efficiency

J.Brailey
1 Assist
2 LB Assists
91.3% Tackle Efficiency

A.Koroisau
6 Assists
5 LB Assists
86.8% Tackle Efficiency
Stats arent everything but this shows Lichaa isnt as bad as people make him out to be. Therefore id rather just keep Lichaa as our hooker next year and purchase a gun centre instead of a hooker.

Lichaa is ranked 1st for tackle efficiency for hookers, in fact he maybe ranked 1st in the nrl for all positions. With Jackson at lock klemmer and Tolman as starting props then good luck to rather teams trying to go though the middle.

With a strong kicking game i.e lewis and a our super strong def in the middle then chances are most of our opposition will be stuck down there end for the majority of most games.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching Lichaa makes my eyes hurt, but watching Foran makes my blood boil.

If i had the choice, id rather stick with Lichaa than with Foran if we had the choice to get rid of one only

People use to bitch and moan day in day out about Reynolds, Mbye, Kasiano, Lichaa & Woods, but none of them come remotely close to the shitness of Foran for the ridiculous price tag he is on

ffs Robbie Farah and Bunji Marshall are better value for money

Foran will start the year in 2019 and Cogger will play in the halves with Wakeham in ISP. Come round 6 Foran will be out for the season and Cogger will come in for the remainder of the year. 2020 the dogs will be premiers with Lewis & Wakeham in the halves

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Heard there is a swap deal going on with Foran and Manly player. Not sure who the Manly player is

Also good chance of Brown going to Manly

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
New potential star centre

Lol

This isn't playstation

haytchcbb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Hopoate
2. Crichton
3. CHN/Manu/?
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Chicko
10. Klemmer
11. JJ
12. Martin
13. Elliot

14. RFM
15. Sue
16. Ogden
17. Woolford

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sue will be battling Fualalo, Ogden and RT for a bench spot. I'd say his already ahead depending on his pre-season form.

Status
Not open for further replies.