the NEW simpsons thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I liked the episode. Was done well. I didn't like Chris' "we're doing a crossover" episode jokes at the beginning but then again, I don't find Chris funny at all.

The bar/court room scene were done very well. The argument was settled brilliantly. The fight dragged on a bit and not much was shown between Midge and Lois but what they did show just proved how much better Midge is as a person and how much of a bitch Lois is.

The car wash scene killed me...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The thing I liked about the episode is that they pumped out a lot of jokes that they can't do on the Simpsons now days 'cause they are too crude and the Simpsons is "family comedy". Like when Bart first walks in and says "I got kicked out of camp for gluing the councillors but cheeks together", Then Midge says "How did you get access to the councillors butt?" and Bart says "I'm not the only one that got kicked out of camp". That made me laugh.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought both episodes were sub par.

Is there anything less funny than the Family Guy chicken fights? They also managed to make Homer stupider than ever in the Family Guy episode.

Only part I liked was the whole rip off is inferior part and the Bobs Burgers and Cleveland Show flying joke. At least the Family Guy one had some redeeming qualities, that Simpsons episode was one of the worst I have ever seen. Not a good sign for the season...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought both episodes were sub par.

Is there anything less funny than the Family Guy chicken fights? They also managed to make Homer stupider than ever in the Family Guy episode.

Only part I liked was the whole rip off is inferior part and the Bobs Burgers and Cleveland Show flying joke. At least the Family Guy one had some redeeming qualities, that Simpsons episode was one of the worst I have ever seen. Not a good sign for the season...
The family guy Conway Twitty thing they keep going back to.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty funny.

Probably the first new episode I've watched of both Family Guy and The Simpsons in 5 years easily.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought it was funny, could have been better, but well done.

People complaining that it was a bad Simpsons episode.... it was actually episode 1 of Family Guy S13. It's not a Simpsons episode. That's why the jokes were rude and crude.

The part with Mayor West and Mayor Quimby was funny

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The family guy Conway Twitty thing they keep going back to.
Definitely. Smacks of laziness.

"We have 5 minutes to fill.
Let's put a Conway Twitty song on. People find him hilarious after the 7,000th time..."

Both cool mayors....

I liked the James Woods one the best.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought it was funny, could have been better, but well done.

People complaining that it was a bad Simpsons episode.... it was actually episode 1 of Family Guy S13. It's not a Simpsons episode. That's why the jokes were rude and crude.

Nah, the family guy episode was good, as in the Family Guy/Simpsons cross-over. But there was an episode of the Simpsons that aired in the US just before it where someone died (no spoilers but it's boring who), that episode was rubbish.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah, the family guy episode was good, as in the Family Guy/Simpsons cross-over. But there was an episode of the Simpsons that aired in the US just before it where someone died (no spoilers but it's boring who), that episode was rubbish.
It was Krusty's dad, right?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
oh, my bad.

Yeah I stopped watching the simpsons a long time ago.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Simpsons Lego was pretty good, IMO.

G

Gladiator.

One of my favourite scenes, when Homer joins the Navy and the UN is having a meeting and Russia reveals that they're actually the Soviet Union.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely. Smacks of laziness.

I liked the James Woods one the best.
Yep - I really did LOL with that one.

An hour was too long though - a normal half hour ep would have been better.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't mind that cross over episode Family Guy showed, fight scene went on for long but was still funny and Homer had some good one liners lol

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
[video=youtube;vi9Z-5A-IA4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi9Z-5A-IA4[/video]

LOL

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
One of my favourite scenes, when Homer joins the Navy and the UN is having a meeting and Russia reveals that they're actually the Soviet Union.
The "Soviet Union"? I thought you guys broke up?

THAT'S WHAT WE WANTED YOU TO THINK!

Status
Not open for further replies.