NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
lets hope they can improve on this...im sure it will be a boost for all involved with the celtics that garnett went over there

Top Dogg

BEWARE OF THE DOGS
Reaction score
Dont forget about Ray Allen too. He is also a celtic and along with Paul Pierce they form the best Trio the NBA has seen in a long time.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Allen Garnett and Pierce...experience mixed with youth...its a good start for the celtics...but what if they get injuried throughout the season???imo it will be hard for them to have a winning record in the upcoming season

masterdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the heat and the timberwolves have done a trade where the heat will send antoine walker, michael doleac and wayne simien to the wolves for ricky davis and mark blount. imo it was a good move by the heat to get rid of walker but then to get ricky davis while davis is a good player he will go missing in games if he doesn't get his shots. simien was a pretty good player back in college but hasn't much chance to prove himself due to injuries while doleac is a back up player at best so imo it was a good move by both teams.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
sounds like the heat made a good decision...anytime you have a player like ricky davis on your team...your bound to get alot of effort and determination imo

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
^^^ they started with the signing of kevin garnett
Yeah & Allen is a Good but not great input into the Side. They'll still do poorly. As most of their Players are INjury Prone. If they are to improve, Garnett will have to play Over Time.

Top Dogg

BEWARE OF THE DOGS
Reaction score
I dont believe the celtics will struggle this year. I think they will make the play offs. Garnett knows it's now or never to win and will do everything possible. Paul Pierce will still be the leader and their go to guy.

Top Dogg

BEWARE OF THE DOGS
Reaction score
As far as Ricky Davis goes, he can be incredible and very bad all in the same game. If he plays well, Wade will have someone to push the ball up the court with. I wonder how long it will take till Ricky Davis and Coach Riley clash?

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Clash??? I doubt we'll have another Coach/Player Issue this Season with the Miami Heat. I think Pat Riley was taught a lesson when he O'Neal was in a Fued. I think the Dwayne Wade & O'Neal influence in the Team has disappeared.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I doubt that Miami will miss THE Play-Offs but for them to win a another Title in the next Season looks very unlikely.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
basketball can be unpredictable...you never know what can happen...but at the moment i wouldnt think they will win the title

Top Dogg

BEWARE OF THE DOGS
Reaction score
At the moment they are probably the 4th best team in the east behind the bulls, pistons and celtics. You can never count out a team which has Wade and Shaq in the line-up.

Top Dogg

BEWARE OF THE DOGS
Reaction score
Would love to see Miami make the play-offs and verse the Bulls for the 3rd straight time in the playoffs. Miss those good old rivarlies.

2006 - Miami wins 4-2 (Miami champs)
2007 - Bulls win 4-0
2008 - ????

GO THE BULLS

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At the moment they are probably the 4th best team in the east behind the bulls, pistons and celtics. You can never count out a team which has Wade and Shaq in the line-up.
Well with Shaq's Horrible Free Throw Line Percentage & Dwayne Wade's lack of performance & good Matches... Miami could either be in dire Straints or an OKay Season. I would like to see another Miami Vs Bulls Play-Off Match although, most rivalries are hard to maintain in the NBA ue to the size of it but some do eventuate into classics, Doubt this one will though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Dogg

BEWARE OF THE DOGS
Reaction score
I think it can. These two teams hate each other. The previous 2 series there were suspensions, flagrant fouls, fights. The bulls sweeping them last season has just added that extra hate between the 2 teams.

Top Dogg

BEWARE OF THE DOGS
Reaction score
ESPN has reported that the Lakers and Bulls are in discussion about a Kobe trade. The Lakers want Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, Tyrus Thomas and Johkim Noah.

As a Bulls fan, i'd hate to see this trade happen.It is way too much to give up for just 1 player.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bryant to move to the Bull would be Weird. I don't think it will happpen however. The Bulls have discussed previously about Overhauling the Team so that they can introduce some Good & Big Names into the Team. Kobe isn't the Answer though.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
to many quality players to trade for just one player imo

masterdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
ive heard that news a few days ago and as a laker fan i don't really want that to happen . don't get me wrong i like ben gordon, luol deng, tyrus thomas as players but they have been inconsitant so far and i just don't think they will fit in the lakers system just yet while ive been impressed with joakim noah in college i want to see how he goes in the pro league and he will get good guidance from playing under ben wallace if he stays with the bulls. chicago is the only team in the east that kobe said he would play for.