NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Malla

Reaction score
I agree with you brother :disrelieved:
Let's just hope we don't digress into next season.
Hate to say it but maybe get rid of Pop and change things up after next year.
Just like the dogs, we should have some coin after some vets leave.
I do not think getting rid of Pop is the answer. He is probably the greatest coach ever. They need to get rid of Aldridge, the guy is like a bigger Melo. Garbage defender and is basically unplayable. They really fucked up with that contract.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I do not think getting rid of Pop is the answer. He is probably the greatest coach ever. They need to get rid of Aldridge, the guy is like a bigger Melo. Garbage defender and is basically unplayable. They really fucked up with that contract.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying punt Pop because we've lost a few games and we need a drastic shake up.
He is definitely one of the best ever in history of the game!
5 rings prove that.
I think with the changes to our roster over the last 5 years and the rule changes in the NBA (faster pace, higher scoring teams) the Spurs have lost their identity.
Yeah LA is frustrating as hell sometimes but comparing him to Melo?!?!
Brutal assessment haha

Malla

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying punt Pop because we've lost a few games and we need a drastic shake up.
He is definitely one of the best ever in history of the game!
5 rings prove that.
I think with the changes to our roster over the last 5 years and the rule changes in the NBA (faster pace, higher scoring teams) the Spurs have lost their identity.
Yeah LA is frustrating as hell sometimes but comparing him to Melo?!?!
Brutal assessment haha
5 rings prove he had a team that his system worked in, but maybe that same system doesn't work anymore - I still trust that he would make those adjustments. His comments on Kawhi are concerning - he can't say that about his leadership and then when you look at the numbers they are actually worse off. Starting to maybe agree that Pop does need to go... Spurs do need a shake up.

On LA, obviously not as bad as Melo, but they both do the same things. Both are mid-range scorers and don't play defence. This type of player is slowly getting phased out of the league.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
5 rings prove he had a team that his system worked in, but maybe that same system doesn't work anymore - I still trust that he would make those adjustments. His comments on Kawhi are concerning - he can't say that about his leadership and then when you look at the numbers they are actually worse off. Starting to maybe agree that Pop does need to go... Spurs do need a shake up.

On LA, obviously not as bad as Melo, but they both do the same things. Both are mid-range scorers and don't play defence. This type of player is slowly getting phased out of the league.
He is due a blinder against the bulls today!
Hard to be confident though.....

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Blurgh I know we lost but I honestly think we can make the play offs this year. Come on Magic!!!!!!!!!

Also GSW probably do have issues BUT they're still winning it this year. Before Curry got injured he was going off. Now KD is rolling. Tbh all I think what will happen is they get rid of Green.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
at times the magic make basketball look difficult. at the beginning of the yr, i would have traded vuc, but now fournier has got to go. He just makes the worst decisions and jacks up shots like he thinks he's curry

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
at times the magic make basketball look difficult. at the beginning of the yr, i would have traded vuc, but now fournier has got to go. He just makes the worst decisions and jacks up shots like he thinks he's curry
J Simmons is also a strange one.
When he left SA for Orlando I thought he'd become either a starter or big minute 6th man.
From what I've seen he is pretty rubbish....

Malla

Reaction score
J Simmons is also a strange one.
When he left SA for Orlando I thought he'd become either a starter or big minute 6th man.
From what I've seen he is pretty rubbish....
He was always an average player, Spurs system just made him look good. Don't blame him for taking that loot with Magic. Theres a reason he went underrated and took him till his mid twenties to make it.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Spurs got smacked around like a crack whore...

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After back to back 30+ point beatdowns I think Spurs should tank now.
We could really use a high draft pick to get us back to where we should be.
We won't make playoffs anyway and it's been 20 odd years since that's happened!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
After back to back 30+ point beatdowns I think Spurs should tank now.
We could really use a high draft pick to get us back to where we should be.
We won't make playoffs anyway and it's been 20 odd years since that's happened!
I'm with you my bro.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Spurs need to trade all their old players.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Spurs need to trade all their old players.
Yes and no...
A top 10 pick next draft (ideally centre/shot stopper) mixed with Murray, DeRozan, Gay & Forbes is good enough to mix it next year.
Get rid of Gasol and LA's big contracts and go after one of the Denver guards and seriously see what's up with Whiteside and where he wants to go.
Poetl is a decent back-up but needs an offensive kick in the arse

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yes and no...
A top 10 pick next draft (ideally centre/shot stopper) mixed with Murray, DeRozan, Gay & Forbes is good enough to mix it next year.
Get rid of Gasol and LA's big contracts and go after one of the Denver guards and seriously see what's up with Whiteside and where he wants to go.
Poetl is a decent back-up but needs an offensive kick in the arse
Spurs are 3 years at least from challenging for the title. Time to restart now

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We came from behind today, didn't we?
We had a small lead in 1st half then fell behind by 7 pts but had good last qtr.
DeRozan season high in points.
Spurs still can't play defence...Jazz up next tomorrow