NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just don't think you can waste a year of LeBrons career when he is 33 and tbh I think if Magic can pull of a good deal for Kawhi as well as get another All-Star then you have to do it, when you have LeBron and 2 more All-Stars then anything can happen.

If I was Magic Johnson after the Cousins trade:

Offer the Spurs the last offer of Ingram + KCP + Picks (a first and a second). With everyone know believing the GSW are completely unbeatable then no one is going to offer anything better to the Spurs.

Lakers get: Leonard
Spurs get: Ingram + KCP + 2019 first round pick

Then offer the Blazers for CJ McCollum in a 3 way trade.

Lakers get: CJ McCollum
Blazers get: Kevin Love + Hart
Cavaliers get: Lonzo Ball + Deng

All teams benefit from this, Lakers get an elite shooter, Blazers get a good 3 and D wing to replace McCollum while adding an All-Star in Love who can mentor young Zach Collins who is in the same mold as love while Cavs get another young piece for there post-Lebron rebuild. I know that they recently drafted Sexton but I don't see why they couldn't play together considering there a totally different type of player. The Lakers possible lineup next season could be:

PG - Rondo
SG - McCollum
SF - Leonard
PF - LeBron
C - McGee

Bench: Kuzma, Wagner, Stephenson, Zubac

They could then try to get a player like Pat Beverley who would fit perfectly next to LeBron as an upgrade for Rondo.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the Cousins deal can have a domino effect throughout the league and especially on the Kawhi Leonard situation.

1. Will the Lakers still pursue the Leonard deal even though many believe that wouldn't even get them close or do they keep all their assets and just sign Kawhi next season.
2. Will Boston or Philly bother chasing Kawhi Leonard considering they both have good young rosters and Leonard won't be enough to topple GSW, so why mess with the lineup!
4. Does that mean Spurs may be forced to give Leonard away for a cheaper value as no one would be in for him for a year, and potentially Lakers could get away with only giving up Ingram + KCP + Picks, instead of having to include Kuzma and Hart.
Yeh I think you’re right in one respect. I think spurs will try hold him but I doubt he will finish the season there. They might get some pieces for him. But with an expiring contract you won’t get anything to his value.

The only team that will give you something is LA but if they know the situation they may lowball and get him in free agency.

The cousins move is massive though. Huge improvement even if he only appears at the end of the year. And on 5 mill. Cheap as chips. I guess he is happy to get a championship so took under as pelicans were willing to give him long term. This way he gets to (probably) win a championship. Will be on the floor by play offs. And warriors have never had a centre since bogut left. Now they have a true rim protector that can stretch the floor. You have 4 top 20 players on one roster and 5 all stars.

And you got him for nothing. Worth the risk.

Ok cousins won’t be a 25ppg player. But even 15ppg, 6 boards, few blocks and a few assists. To go with 35-40% from deep.

You don’t need huge numbers from him when you have 3 pure scorers. So as long as he gets on the floor at 70-80% health they will be hard to stop.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought they would win anyway but now it's almost a done deal.

What a shit season this one will be.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought they would win anyway but now it's almost a done deal.

What a shit season this one will be.
Yeh. The gsw dynasty only strengthens.

In all honesty with love and Irving I think gsw lose In 15. They lost in 16. Then they made the super team where only 1 player has to fire and they win by 30. Now they are even stronger :p

But Will be interesting to see if Houston will be strong again or was a one off. And see if the lakers will get 50 wins.

Not sold on their acquisitions. Rondo is a better version of ball, lance Stephenson is useless if he doesn’t play against Lebron and McGee was shipped out of gsw for cousins. That’s like trading a ford festiva for a broken down Bugatti. Ok it may not work :p but even having it in the garage is pretty pimp.

At the end of the day gsw have had amazing fortune (with injuries) not their way and for their opponents. Got the better end of cavs in 15, took out spurs literally 2 seasons ago and then to get full health teams in time for the play off last 2 years. They should buy a lottery ticket :p

But I guess great teams make their own luck too.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure they would have lost in 15.

They lost to a full strength Cavs in 16, who also needed a bit of luck to get over them. So I think they were two pretty even teams.

Yeah good teams make their own luck. These guys are just too good. From top to bottom, from management to players.

I'm not even getting the league pass package I usually get for this season. This season is DONE.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
this proves how great lebron is that the rest of the world needs to come together to stop him

jordan needed the rest of the world to help him, like rule changes and referees in the pocket

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
isaac + bamba look pretty damn good defensively, I think isaac will be a 3 with gordan at 4. Still kinda worry about the offence though especially with meh PGs

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kawhi > Raptors
DeRozan > Spurs

DeRozan is filthy with being blindsided and Kawhi has made it clear he wanted to go to LA. Not a great decision by Toronto

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kawhi > Raptors
DeRozan > Spurs

DeRozan is filthy with being blindsided and Kawhi has made it clear he wanted to go to LA. Not a great decision by Toronto
I think it makes sense tbh. DeRozan wasn't going to lead the Raptors to a finals series and it was time to move on. Toronto now have the best player in the eastern conference for the year and depending on some other guys then they could very well make the finals, they're not going to win it but their fans are starting to become a little restless due to them always choking in the playoffs. I like how they were able to keep OG Anunoby, a young stud that I was sure the Spurs would demand, he reminds me of a young Kawhi and now he has the chance to learn under him.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/COLOR]

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Toronto fucked up big time

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it makes sense tbh. DeRozan wasn't going to lead the Raptors to a finals series and it was time to move on. Toronto now have the best player in the eastern conference for the year and depending on some other guys then they could very well make the finals, they're not going to win it but their fans are starting to become a little restless due to them always choking in the playoffs. I like how they were able to keep OG Anunoby, a young stud that I was sure the Spurs would demand, he reminds me of a young Kawhi and now he has the chance to learn under him.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/COLOR]
They just lied to and got rid of the only star player who has actually embraced the franchise and the country. That’s a reputation you have to deal with for every future player you pursue. And Leonard is at best a 1 year rental... they’ve always been a good team and struggled vs LeBron so why make such a change when the guy whose been torturing you leaves the conference!
Let’s see if Leonard even shows up to the medical lol

Malla

Reaction score
I like it from both teams - Spurs got an all-star for 3 years + future first rounder and Poetl who is a good young guy, and Raptors get one year out of Kawhi who is arguably the best 2 way player in the league. This is Toronto's window to play the finals. Raptors can essentially sign and trade Kawhi too, but worst case I think it was time to blow it up from Raptors and this is probably a good way to do it.

Either way, none of these teams is doing anything in the post season. Spurs are probably 6th-4th best in the West and Raptors COULD make the finals but that's largely dependant on Kawhi's engagement levels.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like it from both teams - Spurs got an all-star for 3 years + future first rounder and Poetl who is a good young guy, and Raptors get one year out of Kawhi who is arguably the best 2 way player in the league. This is Toronto's window to play the finals. Raptors can essentially sign and trade Kawhi too, but worst case I think it was time to blow it up from Raptors and this is probably a good way to do it.

Either way, none of these teams is doing anything in the post season. Spurs are probably 6th-4th best in the West and Raptors COULD make the finals but that's largely dependant on Kawhi's engagement levels.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but can’t the lakers still make a play for Kawhi after like 60 days or something?
Several reports saying Leonard simply not interested in Toronto and he found out about the trade via twitter lol.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
As a Spurs fan.. FUCK KAWHI, bitch would be nothing without Pop.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
smart move by raptors. derozen contract for next 3 years would of been more of the same and this trade will either get them cap space able to rebuild in a year or get some good pieces from lakers or clips this season

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Amen Snowmann!
Not sure how to feel about the trade but kawhi and green won't be missed from me.
Need a big year out of Murray now!
I will miss Danny, he offered the locker room presence. My gut tells me he comes back after next year. Like what happened with Sean Elliott.

Kawhi can fuck right off..fucking dumb mute muthafucka.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong, but can’t the lakers still make a play for Kawhi after like 60 days or something?
Several reports saying Leonard simply not interested in Toronto and he found out about the trade via twitter lol.
They can either trade for him now 1 player for Kawhi or wait 6 months to make a multi player trade.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Amen Snowmann!
Not sure how to feel about the trade but kawhi and green won't be missed from me.
Need a big year out of Murray now!
Murray knows it’s time to step up, and it’s great he can learn of DeMAR, least he fucking talks unlike that fucking ungrateful mime.