NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Malla

Reaction score
By letter of the law he wasnt set. But that’s nitpicking. I’m more shocked at the strip Lebron did that was called a foul with a few mins to go I think it was.

When you get so many lucky calls at the end I guess you can feel robbed as a cavs fan.

Oh and the Lebron call. It was literally slowed down to like a micro second to make the call. Common sense and real motion it’s a charge. But when you slow it down so ridiculously maybe soles of both shoes weren’t perfectly flat when durant started his shooting approach. But like I said slowed down to a pause more or less.
I think it could have went either way - but the letter of law is 'in a legal guarding position' so he does not need to be set. I think one ref called offensive and the other called a blocking foul, and so they used the replay to see if he was outside the restricted area to change the call - which was absolute nonsense.

It was horrible from the refs because they basically flipped the series on its head. Cavs would have won with 35 seconds left, up by 2 and a fresh shot clock.

Malla

Reaction score
I was fooled into thinking kd was close to LBJ last year, I was way wrong. Still a great player but looked rubbish yesterday and didn't want anything to do with LBJ.

I also think he is (well one of) the reasons GSW don't look the same. Imo he stops the ball moving and they turn into an iso team when he has the ball. GSW look unbeatable when they are all moving passing the ball and working as a team, KD stops that at times.

I think this series goes 6. Cavs extremely unlucky to lose that game. LBJs greatness gets them a game and GSW going away from what makes them great will cost them another game but they still win the series.
I had the same opinion as you re: KD before this series - but it's blatantly obvious now there is daylight between Lebron and the next best player in the league and even then I would put Curry or Harden before him.

Yeah you can see a lot of old 'OKC' KD creeps into his game a lot. I think that's normal when he feels pressure. He just freezes up and takes bad shots. Laughable that he tried to blame that on Westbrook and OKC, but really it's him. We saw the same thing happen to him in 2016 when they were up v Warriors and he just froze like he forgot to play ball.

He has all the physical attributes to be one of the greats but doesn't have the mentality to match it.

Malla

Reaction score
there was 2 clean strips on durant called fouls and a foul on lebron called a clean strip

but the cavs miss delly, he made those free throws that george hill choked on yesterday
How funny was Hills face before he lined up for the FT's - dude looked like he was high af

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I said in the first game KD didn't want anything to do with James. Well in the last few minutes of this game Lbj was switching off Durant waaaaaay to EASY.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
That's what we call going in without lube. I feel sorry for Lebron but his team is only good enough for the East lol.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if (completely hypothetically) but Durant, James and cousins could work in LAL?

I’m not sold on George. I think he leaves you a bit short in terms of super star (especially when you are chasing the beast in Oakland). Ok to knock down 3s he’ll drop them every time. But jj redick can do that too for half the price.

I’d be content with a healthy and happy cousins and khawai (odds of that is minimal). It would fit better for mine then Paul George.

Ok you smash your cap. And most likely need bron to sign and trade for bird rights. But can you imagine that line up (boogie, bron and Leonard/durant). If fit and firing wow. But then again imagine the pressure if you lose :p won’t be cool :p lol

Also imagine how much tickets will cost to get to a game :tearsofjoy: few people will benefit financially.

If you get khawai, George and Lebron you have 3 players for 1 position. You still don’t have a big man. You still don’t have a point guard. Ok Lebron can play point forward play George at PF and Leonard at SF. defensively you’ll be beast. But I think boogie would be a better fit if he can fully recover.

Bron, boogie, durant...... I know it will never happen. But get a few role players and shooters. Give korver a call if he wants to go around again. Call bellineli too. Hell even ingles would fit in with a 3 and d team. Damn. People will blast Lebron but definitely a team to witness. Because you’ll never get 3 top 10 players on a team again.

Last edited:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Help me out, is Orlandos pick Mo Bamba any good? I know we won't be winning any titles soon but are we looking good? I sound like a desperado lol.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Help me out, is Orlandos pick Mo Bamba any good? I know we won't be winning any titles soon but are we looking good? I sound like a desperado lol.
Might be pick of the draft potentially. A lot of people are comparing him to Anthony Davis but jury is still out. Decent gamble though. Considering porter jnr went so low too, and trae young so high, I guess a few people were scared off by injury. But definitely was a good draft class. There was value even in the late first round picks.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He has the highest ceiling of any player in the draft, if he puts on a little more muscle as well as just refine his attacking game, then he will be a star.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hawks really trying to throw away their future with the trade, Doncic shits all over Young, already a polished player and has superstar potential and very little chance to be a complete bust.

Malla

Reaction score
I wonder if (completely hypothetically) but Durant, James and cousins could work in LAL?

I’m not sold on George. I think he leaves you a bit short in terms of super star (especially when you are chasing the beast in Oakland). Ok to knock down 3s he’ll drop them every time. But jj redick can do that too for half the price.

I’d be content with a healthy and happy cousins and khawai (odds of that is minimal). It would fit better for mine then Paul George.

Ok you smash your cap. And most likely need bron to sign and trade for bird rights. But can you imagine that line up (boogie, bron and Leonard/durant). If fit and firing wow. But then again imagine the pressure if you lose :p won’t be cool :p lol

Also imagine how much tickets will cost to get to a game :tearsofjoy: few people will benefit financially.

If you get khawai, George and Lebron you have 3 players for 1 position. You still don’t have a big man. You still don’t have a point guard. Ok Lebron can play point forward play George at PF and Leonard at SF. defensively you’ll be beast. But I think boogie would be a better fit if he can fully recover.

Bron, boogie, durant...... I know it will never happen. But get a few role players and shooters. Give korver a call if he wants to go around again. Call bellineli too. Hell even ingles would fit in with a 3 and d team. Damn. People will blast Lebron but definitely a team to witness. Because you’ll never get 3 top 10 players on a team again.
James and KD yes but no Boogie. He wont return til after all-star next season and if you have KD and LBJ you dont really need a big on a max.

On PG, I agree with you he has come up short in terms of superstardom but he offers so much more on the defensive end. He can guard 1 to 4 at an elite level. JJ Reddick would get crossed over in a phone booth.

I would be surprised if Lakers land any big FA's this year tho, but they will end up with LBJ and Kawhi and tbh those 2 with the right role players around them is probably the best position in the league to beat Warriors. I would say this team would be a lot far ahead of Rockets.

Malla

Reaction score
He's a top 5 talent and imo will be a double double machine, but he went to the wrong team man. Magic already have 2 bigs, they would have been better served drafing a PG (Trae Young), that would have been good cause it would have fucked Dallas around lol. Unless Magic trade their bigs and match up Bamba with a good PG, otherwise it is a waste.

Malla

Reaction score
Hawks really trying to throw away their future with the trade, Doncic shits all over Young, already a polished player and has superstar potential and very little chance to be a complete bust.
I think it was a good trade. They got a future first rounder (2021 I think) plus Trae Young. I would pump the breaks on Doncic already being polished, I can't remember the last time a euro player drafted in the top 10 became a superstar. Oh yeah thats cause it's never happened.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
He's a top 5 talent and imo will be a double double machine, but he went to the wrong team man. Magic already have 2 bigs, they would have been better served drafing a PG (Trae Young), that would have been good cause it would have fucked Dallas around lol. Unless Magic trade their bigs and match up Bamba with a good PG, otherwise it is a waste.
need to package 1 of vuch or biyombo (seems less likely because of his contract) for a pg, think we just have DJ Augustin atm with meeks waved lol

Malla

Reaction score
need to package 1 of vuch or biyombo (seems less likely because of his contract) for a pg, think we just have DJ Augustin atm with meeks waved lol
DJ is garbage. I am thinking Magic should trade for Schroder. Average PG but you just need someone that can utilise Bamba off that pick and roll, otherwise he is going to be another wasted talent.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
DJ is garbage. I am thinking Magic should trade for Schroder. Average PG but you just need someone that can utilise Bamba off that pick and roll, otherwise, he is going to be another wasted talent.
Was just gonna say Schroder to the Magic, hes defence is garbage, but the Magic can get away with that if they pair him next to a defensively sound SG.

Depending if they can move some contracts around then they should pursue Marcus Smart, he would add some much-needed defence and toughness and he has playoff experience and still young.

PG - Schroder
SG - Smart
SF - Isaac
PF - Gordon
C - Bamba

I really like the potential Issac has shown, he could end up being a star and pair that with the length and potential of Bamba and you have something scary. The team would lack some shooting but still enough to be competitive.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My Phoenix Suns have started this offseason really well. And the exciting part is that the back office seems hell-bent on changing the team and adding the right pieces to challenge for a playoff spot, this season may be too early but we are definitely going in the right direction.

PG - Booker
SG - Bridges
SF - Jackson
PF - Bender
C - Ayton

The above looks like the likely lineup and even though I have some doubt on whether Booker can play the point I still love the lineup, in Bridges and Jackson we have a pair of wings that will both end up being lock down defenders and Jackson also started to really improve his offence at the backend of last season which is exciting as we already know Bridges and Booker are both good 3-point shooters. Expecting Ayton to have a great rookie season and also I think his defensive deficiencies are exaggerated.

A trade that I'd love to see if for Kevin Love after LeBron leaves. Cavs will go into full rebuild mode and we need an experienced veteran who can help take our team up a level.

Cavs get: Bender + 2019 first round pick + Tyson Chandler
Suns get: Love

I think the trade would be good for both teams. Suns get a leader and a player that will help us win more now and the Cavs get a young talent in Bender (showing some really promising signs with his shot and had put on more muscle) who would be a key part of the rebuild next to Sexton and another first round pick for next years draft albeit a fairly weak draft which would probably give Cavs two lottery picks for next season.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
James and KD yes but no Boogie. He wont return til after all-star next season and if you have KD and LBJ you dont really need a big on a max.

On PG, I agree with you he has come up short in terms of superstardom but he offers so much more on the defensive end. He can guard 1 to 4 at an elite level. JJ Reddick would get crossed over in a phone booth.

I would be surprised if Lakers land any big FA's this year tho, but they will end up with LBJ and Kawhi and tbh those 2 with the right role players around them is probably the best position in the league to beat Warriors. I would say this team would be a lot far ahead of Rockets.
Yeh completely agree on pg13. As a 3 and d he might be best in the league (in terms of who he can guard). Like match up with the warriors you know durant is pressured. And as a 3 point shooter at 40% he is a knock down artist.

But I just feel him and Lebron are still short. No play making, no facilitating. Not rim threat. Maybe they’ll work well. And Lebron always gets you an extra second to shoot with his bullet passes. But I’d rather take Leonard on a max then George hoping he recovers from the injury because his over all game is next level.

But yeh I think not much movement will happen this year as doubt spurs will play ball (even though it’s better to get 3-4 players in a trade then hang on to a piece that you know won’t remain).