NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be honest this cavs team is easily the worst in the playoffs. Last game the starters scored 27 between them and Lebron had 46 alone. I think there is greatness in carrying a hopeless team which cavs are. And all respect to Lebron and the guys that showed up tonight to get that win.

To go to 2 games 7s and have 6 or 7 40+ point games is phenomenal. So you need to respect the mans achievements. Substitute him with any other player and cavs wouldn’t be here.

I had them losing the first round so he proved me wrong and I’m a huge fan. How the haters have any ammunition after what he did this playoffs is puzzling. And fair enough he will probably lose to a team with 4 hall of famers in a fortnight but he took a team of nobodies through a though east coast with only 1 walk over seriers.

And with the Kyrie thing. If cavs lost it would have been beat a team with no Kyrie, no Hayward etc (even though the team got there With no Hayward all season he is still used as an excuse).

Now that they won it seems to lessen what he did because they didn’t have Kyrie..... let’s not forget that this team made the conference final and was 10-0 on their home court.... but hey it means nothing because Kyrie wasn’t there (like he hasn’t been there for the last 2 months :p)

I won’t debate who is better between him and Jordan. But all I will say is we are witnessing greatness. And if he can get a consistent shoot team around him who can rebound the ball and have a solid big man to play interior defence then he will definitely add to the 3 championships he has already.

If he manages to fluke one this year (I’m giving it no chance) then it will be one of the greatest sporting achievements of the last 50 years.
If he wins it this year it’s more amazing than Leicester winning the EPL in 2016 tbh

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Have you had a scroll over the team he beat them with? Oh yeah Love didn't play either
An avg team beating an avg team. I get it. But it's the east come on. Lebron is heads and shoulders better than anyone from the east. He can make an east team competitive. It's not like the Cavs were heavy outsiders to beat this Celtics team. If it had Irving and Hayward then yeah that would have been amazing

You know what I'll gladly consider his status as the goat oif he can do the impossible. Beat Houston or GS. Anyone that can beat the Wests best with that lineup deserves to be talked about as one of the greatest.

Anyways much respect to Lebron. Guy is a legend regardless

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Just your typical LBJ hater statement tbh.

Half these guys only seen MJ on youtube highlights. But they'll try tell you they remember watching him come into the league in the 80's when they were 2 then then remember him winning his first title on their 9th birthday lol and so on
Hahaha where am I hating on Lebron. So saying MJ is the goat is hating? I even said it in my last post that he is a living legend. You really need to learn from your mistakes. Time and again putting things in people's mouths.

Malla

Reaction score
Hahaha where am I hating on Lebron. So saying MJ is the goat is hating? I even said it in my last post that he is a living legend. You really need to learn from your mistakes. Time and again putting things in people's mouths.
Oooooo did I hit a nerve? Soz lol

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
I like to chuckle with Lebron sympathisers. Hes had a tough all these years in a weak conference haha. It's ok though. I still think he is a great player.

Malla

Reaction score
To be honest this cavs team is easily the worst in the playoffs. Last game the starters scored 27 between them and Lebron had 46 alone. I think there is greatness in carrying a hopeless team which cavs are. And all respect to Lebron and the guys that showed up tonight to get that win.

To go to 2 games 7s and have 6 or 7 40+ point games is phenomenal. So you need to respect the mans achievements. Substitute him with any other player and cavs wouldn’t be here.

I had them losing the first round so he proved me wrong and I’m a huge fan. How the haters have any ammunition after what he did this playoffs is puzzling. And fair enough he will probably lose to a team with 4 hall of famers in a fortnight but he took a team of nobodies through a though east coast with only 1 walk over seriers.

And with the Kyrie thing. If cavs lost it would have been beat a team with no Kyrie, no Hayward etc (even though the team got there With no Hayward all season he is still used as an excuse).

Now that they won it seems to lessen what he did because they didn’t have Kyrie..... let’s not forget that this team made the conference final and was 10-0 on their home court.... but hey it means nothing because Kyrie wasn’t there (like he hasn’t been there for the last 2 months :p)

I won’t debate who is better between him and Jordan. But all I will say is we are witnessing greatness. And if he can get a consistent shoot team around him who can rebound the ball and have a solid big man to play interior defence then he will definitely add to the 3 championships he has already.

If he manages to fluke one this year (I’m giving it no chance) then it will be one of the greatest sporting achievements of the last 50 years.
Yep, a very terrible team. Defensively they were the worst in the league all year pretty much. I think you have to go back and watch this team from game 1 of the first round of these play offs to truly appreciate what Lebron achieved with this team. Even back before the all-star break. Wow.

I was completely wrong about this supporting cast - I thought he had a better team than last season with the additions of Clarkson, Hood, Nance, Hill - they just didn't show up consistently. Hence why you just have to appreciate this mans greatness. I fin it amusing people will continue to try and minimise what he has managed to achieve.

I won't cop any 'no irving and hayward' excuse. Because as you said, Boston did not have Hayward all season and Irving has been out since pretty much the all-star break. Even then, this team was still deeper than Cavs.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he wins it this year it’s more amazing than Leicester winning the EPL in 2016 tbh
No way! When Leicester there was atleast 14 teams that were considered better, LeBron and the Cavs are probably the 5th best team on paper and if we're being honest the only teams that would stop Bron is the Rockets and Warriors.

Saying that it would be amazing if LeBron did win considering the difference between the Warriors/Rockets and Cavs and after losing Kyrie. Would be a big part of his legacy.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score

Tbh I had no doubt they would have gotten passed Indiana. Although I didnt see a 4-0 against Toronto coming i always knew they were a decent chance to win that series. Toronto mentally dont have what it takes to progress against the better teams. Always thought 4-2 was very realistic.

I did have Boston winning against the Cavs in 7 but if you're thinking it's going 7 then it isnt really a huge upset.

Remember this is the east. The Cavs in the west would have been gone first rd

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
And maybe go learn what hitting a nerve means lol.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
So cuz you're responding does that mean it hit your nerve?

Do you see how dumb that sounds? Only cuz someone responds doesnt mean it hit a nerve. Surely you're smart enough to figure that out. I believe in you

Malla

Reaction score
So cuz you're responding does that mean it hit your nerve?

Do you see how dumb that sounds? Only cuz someone responds doesnt mean it hit a nerve. Surely you're smart enough to figure that out. I believe in you
LOL

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im so torn now. I hate the Rockets dribble dribble dribble, but I dont want to see Cavs Gsw 4. Urgh.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it's a great job making the finals for the Cavs. I said at the time the trades were trash.

Having said that although a deeper team at the start of the playoffs if you would ask me who would win out of Boston and the Cavs I would say Cavs all the way. I thought Toronto or Philly would put the Cavs out.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People will probably think I'm nuts (or maybe this just further enhances my rep for knowing f all about bball lol) BUT, I think the Cavs can beat the Rockets. I think the Rockets are going to blow their load trying to beat GSW, and end up like the 73-9 Warriors.

Let's put it this way, I think the Cavs have a better chance beating the Rockets than they do against GSW.

Malla

Reaction score
People will probably think I'm nuts (or maybe this just further enhances my rep for knowing f all about bball lol) BUT, I think the Cavs can beat the Rockets. I think the Rockets are going to blow their load trying to beat GSW, and end up like the 73-9 Warriors.

Let's put it this way, I think the Cavs have a better chance beating the Rockets than they do against GSW.
Listen... I called you a dummy for saying the trades were garbage. I thought on paper they were great. I think I just reacted to the Lebron hate. You know your basketball, without a doubt. I apologise for jumping the gun, I did not see what you saw in this Cavs team and they were absolute and utter garbage this whole post season. LBJ managed to win with shit sprinkled with glitter - the glitter being whoever dropped 15 points each game and helped Lebron.

Now, I agree with you re: the Rockets. CP3 will not be back this year and if you are putting your teams hope in Hardens hands you are destined to fail. I think Warriors will also be gassed if they win but they just have too much for this shit Cavs team.

Call me crazy but I think Boston would have had a chance to win against either team if they made it.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Listen... I called you a dummy for saying the trades were garbage. I thought on paper they were great. I think I just reacted to the Lebron hate. You know your basketball, without a doubt. I apologise for jumping the gun, I did not see what you saw in this Cavs team and they were absolute and utter garbage this whole post season. LBJ managed to win with shit sprinkled with glitter - the glitter being whoever dropped 15 points each game and helped Lebron.

Now, I agree with you re: the Rockets. CP3 will not be back this year and if you are putting your teams hope in Hardens hands you are destined to fail. I think Warriors will also be gassed if they win but they just have too much for this shit Cavs team.

Call me crazy but I think Boston would have had a chance to win against either team if they made it.
Nah mate you're right lol, I don't know fuck all I definitely don't know the ins and outs of the game, but I'm getting better.

Mate I got carried away and acted like an twat. Sorry for any grief.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Apparently CP3 is a “game time decision”. Still in doubt but if they miraculously win game 7, I can see him returning in the finals