NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah man, or just having someone like IT who isn't big enough to defend PG's as it is lol

Yeah Korver brings it every night, he just dropped 30 against Hawks then today. What I love about Korver is he only need 5-10 mins to get hot and can drop 10 points in the blink of an eye.

I think either Jalen Rose or Billups said it but Cavs had too many players with an agenda. IT and Rose were both coming off contract and had something to prove rather than playing for the team. That was the biggest problem hence why they were shipped. I have no idea why Crowder didn't work, but it is what it is - I reckon Jazz will be good for him anyway.
Crowder benefited greatly under Brad Stevens and he's system.

Malla

Reaction score
This Cavs team has amazing depth - probably one of the best 2 way teams in the league right now.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This Cavs team has amazing depth - probably one of the best 2 way teams in the league right now.
Today was their test. They haven’t really competed with a play off team for a while. So I always thought a close game either way shows improvement. Not only did they defend well they put up 120 with 18 offensive rebounds. Very very impressive. And to think this team probably hasn’t even had 1 training run yet. So just figuring it out on court.

TT is still the weakness for mine. If you can get a rim protector and have love as the small line up centre then I think
They can take gsw. Gsw struggle defending the low post and a big man especially one who can pass/put the ball on the floor will create problems. Think bogut for 14 mins a game then stretch the floor with love or lebron at centre.

Still early days. League doesn’t start until May.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Team LeBron wins the All-Star game! The quality of the game is still poor due to players putting minimal effort in but was a lot better than last season.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I enjoyed that All-Star game.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know most here aren't but if anyone is interested in talented prospects for the next draft then you'll find it exciting that there 5 players with true superstar potential in the next draft that probably would be #1 picks in a few other drafts. In no order:

1. Michael Porter Jr (SF) - This boy can do it all, athletic, explosive, can shot, can defend, can play make and has proven he can carry a team if need be.

2. Luka Doncic (SG/SF) - Arguably the player with the highest ceiling, he has destroyed quite a few Euro teams at the age of 18 and won the Euro tournament a few months ago playing a starring role next to Goran Dragic. Not the most athletic but he can shot the 3 ball and is a good facilitator.

3. Marvin Bagley III (PF/C) - My favourite player in this draft and a player that I can't see anything other then sure fire All-Star written all over him, one of the youngest players in the draft but physically amazing and a really high basketball IQ. Eats up rebounds like nothing. If he can develop his offensive game to a good level then he will have a long long career and it looks like his on the right track after watching his first game for Duke.

4. DeAndre Ayton (C) - A Powerful big man who can end up being the best player from this draft class and a very modern day big man on attack and defence, if he can find his consistency then a team will have a gem on their hands.

5. Mo Bamba (PF/C) - Long. A 7'9 wingspan (biggest even in the current NBA), a defensive monster, wouldn't surprise me if he ended his career with a few defensive player of the year awards. He has a good post game and if he can develop a mid-range shot well then he will be quite the player.
Since my previous post on the 2018 draft prospects, there have been some changes with players getting injured or out of form.

This class is very top heavy with a big drop off after the 9th pick in my opinion.

1. DeAndre Ayton (C) - This man has really proven himself Arizona and looks like he could come in and dominate in the NBA, very modern big man with a really nice offensive game but also really good on defence....if he wants to try, whilst being consistent this season he has shown that he can be lazy at times. I'm sure he will good in the NBA though and a player with a superstar-level ceiling. He has an offence similar to KAT but way better defensively.

2. Luka Doncic (SG/SF) - A player that is dominating the Spanish league (second best basketball league in the world), highest point scorer at the age of 18. Amazing facilitator and good defender, he has true superstar potential and could develop into a number 1 option on a winning team. I'm not as high on him as other people because he isn't the best athlete and I hope it doesn't affect him in the NBA, but we just have to wait and see.

3. Marvin Bagley III (PF/C) - Started the season with dominating performance after dominating performance, this guy has the potential to be a top 10 player in the league but his flaws have started to creep in and affect his draft stock, he really should be unanimous number 1 pick by now. Whilst being a freak athlete his body still needs a lot of work as he definitely has to improve his upper body strength to make it with the big boys in the NBA, he makes almost all shots close to the basket and while he is shooting 35% at the perimeter and has a promising stroke he does have a tendency to just waste possessions at times by chucking up a shot when its just not on. His defence needs work but he's speed and mobility mean he can fair pretty well on that end. My biggest concern for him is hes free throw shooting, being only at 61%, which is very poor. All in all, if he can put on some muscle and improve hes free throws then he will be a monster, definitely has a super high ceiling and if he reaches his potential a number 1 or 2 option on a contender.

4. Jaren Jackson Jr (PF/C) - My new favourite player of this draft class. He has the potential to be the best player from this draft or could turn out a Jae Crowder type player. He is a defensive monster, averaging 3 blocks in only 20 mins of game time. Shooting 44% from three and 80% from the free throw line. A player where if he fulfils his potential will be a big-time player, an All-Star and potential Defensive player of the year winner.

5. Michael Porter Jr (SF) - Suffered a back injury in the first game of the season and looked like he would be out for the season, but now it seems like he could be back very soon. I would still take him 1 or 2 as he really is the complete modern day player who has also shown leadership abilities but the injury will definitely cause him to slide a little. He can create his own shot, be a facilitator, shot from the perimeter, he is very fast and strong.

6. Mo Bamba (PF/C) - Definition of raw ability, this man eats rebounds like nothing and has a very promising shot from inside and out. A team could have a real gem on their hands if they can give him the time to develop nicely. Would have the longest arm span even in the current NBA and will be a monster defensively for any team that drafts him.

7. Mikal Bridges (SF/SG) - Could develop into a very nice role player on a championship team, I am pretty sure he will at least be an Avery Badley type player but he could also turn into a Klay Thompson (not as good as a 3 point shot obviously). 3 and D play style which would be perfect for a few teams and a player that could make a few All-Star teams.

8. Miles Bridges (SF/PF) - One of the best athletes in the draft and a very good 3 and D type player, very good free throw shooter and nice 3 point shot, also grabs a nice amount of rebounds at 7 a game playing the SF position.

9. Trae Young (PG) - Some people have him as high as 2 but I don't see all the hype. He shoots the three pretty well but at 37% he definitely isn't even close to the Steph Curry comparisons. A nice player though and a really good facilitator but he also lacks the height and is terrible defensively. He hasn't shown the ability to be able to lead the team when they need him and isn't really a threat from inside the perimeter.

There are players like Colin Sexton and Kevin Knox who are a bit hit and miss that could potentially be great players.

Malla

Reaction score
Since my previous post on the 2018 draft prospects, there have been some changes with players getting injured or out of form.

This class is very top heavy with a big drop off after the 9th pick in my opinion.

1. DeAndre Ayton (C) - This man has really proven himself Arizona and looks like he could come in and dominate in the NBA, very modern big man with a really nice offensive game but also really good on defence....if he wants to try, whilst being consistent this season he has shown that he can be lazy at times. I'm sure he will good in the NBA though and a player with a superstar-level ceiling. He has an offence similar to KAT but way better defensively.

2. Luka Doncic (SG/SF) - A player that is dominating the Spanish league (second best basketball league in the world), highest point scorer at the age of 18. Amazing facilitator and good defender, he has true superstar potential and could develop into a number 1 option on a winning team. I'm not as high on him as other people because he isn't the best athlete and I hope it doesn't affect him in the NBA, but we just have to wait and see.

3. Marvin Bagley III (PF/C) - Started the season with dominating performance after dominating performance, this guy has the potential to be a top 10 player in the league but his flaws have started to creep in and affect his draft stock, he really should be unanimous number 1 pick by now. Whilst being a freak athlete his body still needs a lot of work as he definitely has to improve his upper body strength to make it with the big boys in the NBA, he makes almost all shots close to the basket and while he is shooting 35% at the perimeter and has a promising stroke he does have a tendency to just waste possessions at times by chucking up a shot when its just not on. His defence needs work but he's speed and mobility mean he can fair pretty well on that end. My biggest concern for him is hes free throw shooting, being only at 61%, which is very poor. All in all, if he can put on some muscle and improve hes free throws then he will be a monster, definitely has a super high ceiling and if he reaches his potential a number 1 or 2 option on a contender.

4. Jaren Jackson Jr (PF/C) - My new favourite player of this draft class. He has the potential to be the best player from this draft or could turn out a Jae Crowder type player. He is a defensive monster, averaging 3 blocks in only 20 mins of game time. Shooting 44% from three and 80% from the free throw line. A player where if he fulfils his potential will be a big-time player, an All-Star and potential Defensive player of the year winner.

5. Michael Porter Jr (SF) - Suffered a back injury in the first game of the season and looked like he would be out for the season, but now it seems like he could be back very soon. I would still take him 1 or 2 as he really is the complete modern day player who has also shown leadership abilities but the injury will definitely cause him to slide a little. He can create his own shot, be a facilitator, shot from the perimeter, he is very fast and strong.

6. Mo Bamba (PF/C) - Definition of raw ability, this man eats rebounds like nothing and has a very promising shot from inside and out. A team could have a real gem on their hands if they can give him the time to develop nicely. Would have the longest arm span even in the current NBA and will be a monster defensively for any team that drafts him.

7. Mikal Bridges (SF/SG) - Could develop into a very nice role player on a championship team, I am pretty sure he will at least be an Avery Badley type player but he could also turn into a Klay Thompson (not as good as a 3 point shot obviously). 3 and D play style which would be perfect for a few teams and a player that could make a few All-Star teams.

8. Miles Bridges (SF/PF) - One of the best athletes in the draft and a very good 3 and D type player, very good free throw shooter and nice 3 point shot, also grabs a nice amount of rebounds at 7 a game playing the SF position.

9. Trae Young (PG) - Some people have him as high as 2 but I don't see all the hype. He shoots the three pretty well but at 37% he definitely isn't even close to the Steph Curry comparisons. A nice player though and a really good facilitator but he also lacks the height and is terrible defensively. He hasn't shown the ability to be able to lead the team when they need him and isn't really a threat from inside the perimeter.

There are players like Colin Sexton and Kevin Knox who are a bit hit and miss that could potentially be great players.
I agree with most of this list, but I reckon it just depends on the seeding. If Suns fall for the first pick, which is most likely to happen, they have a history of sticking with the blue chip colleges so they might pick up Bagley first even, even though Ayten is exactly what they need. They have a loaded back court, Josh Jackson is developing nicely in their front court and with Ayton there can stretch the floor - but they'll go Bagley I think.

If Cleveland are anywhere in the top 6 with their brooklyn pick they will take Trae Young and tbh that's the perfect situation for him with this current team Cleveland have. If he falls to a shit team like Kings or Hawks (by shit I mean player development shit) then his career won't last 3-4 years max.

You haven't got him there but Wendell Carter will be a top 5 pick for sure.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree with most of this list, but I reckon it just depends on the seeding. If Suns fall for the first pick, which is most likely to happen, they have a history of sticking with the blue chip colleges so they might pick up Bagley first even, even though Ayten is exactly what they need. They have a loaded back court, Josh Jackson is developing nicely in their front court and with Ayton there can stretch the floor - but they'll go Bagley I think.

If Cleveland are anywhere in the top 6 with their brooklyn pick they will take Trae Young and tbh that's the perfect situation for him with this current team Cleveland have. If he falls to a shit team like Kings or Hawks (by shit I mean player development shit) then his career won't last 3-4 years max.

You haven't got him there but Wendell Carter will be a top 5 pick for sure.
I reckon Wendell Carter will slip to around 11-15 range because he doesn’t get the attention he deserves. I do have him the “Donovan Mitchell type” situation for this class were he ends up being one of the better players. Even though he was at the bottom of the lottery.

Malla

Reaction score
I reckon Wendell Carter will slip to around 11-15 range because he doesn’t get the attention he deserves. I do have him the “Donovan Mitchell type” situation for this class were he ends up being one of the better players. Even though he was at the bottom of the lottery.
Teams passed on Mitchell because he wasn't on a blue chip program and he was apparently 'undersized' at his position. Can't see the same happening. Plays for Duke and he's a 6'10 PF/C who can stretch the floor and hit the 3 ball, an excellent defender and rebounder. On top of that he could have went to Harvard - smart guy, not that counts for anything in the NBA but worth a mention.

I wonder if this FBI stuff might effect his stock, but it shouldn't.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Teams passed on Mitchell because he wasn't on a blue chip program and he was apparently 'undersized' at his position. Can't see the same happening. Plays for Duke and he's a 6'10 PF/C who can stretch the floor and hit the 3 ball, an excellent defender and rebounder. On top of that he could have went to Harvard - smart guy, not that counts for anything in the NBA but worth a mention.

I wonder if this FBI stuff might affect his stock, but it shouldn't.
My favorite fits for the players are:

Suns: DeAndre Ayton
My team the Suns are crying out for a young big man that we can put on the court with Booker and build a foundation out of. With the recent acquisition of Payton from the Magic who has had a promising start for us we filled in the void we had at PG after Bledsoe and with Booker, Jackson and Bender/Chriss we have our whole line up sorted out except for the centre spot where we have 95-year-old Chandler still playing. Ayton would help stretch the floor to give Booker more looks and would help with the defensive end of the game where we have been lacking.

Potential line up:

PG - Payton
SG - Booker
SF - Jackson
PF - Chriss
C - Ayton

Hawks: Luka Doncic
They have a nice point guard in Schroder, a gem in John Collins and some decent role players in Prince and Dedmon and are crying out for a star. Whilst Im not as high on Doncic as others due to his athleticism, I still think if he figures it out he can be a James Harden type player and a player that carries the Hawks back to the playoffs with the right pieces around him. He would be the primary ball handler and facilitator in the Hawks team.

Potential line up:

PG - Schroder
SG - Doncic
SF - Prince
PF - Collins
C - Dedmon

Magic - Trae Young
The magic, in my opinion, is a team filled with really nice role players and players that can do a decent job if paired with a star, and considering they need a point guard the logical choice here is Young who would bring in some three-point shooting and a player who if they can get the best out of is a star level player. Building around him and Isaac is a step in the right direction and them two could be the core to drive the Magic up into the playoffs in the future.

Potential line up:

PG - Young
SG - Fournier
SF - Isaac
PF - Gordon
C - Vucevic

Mavericks - Mo Bamba
Having drafted a stud in Dennis Smith in the last draft and sorting out there PG position, they now need to sort out there centre position after the recent failure of Noel. Mo Bamba is a defensive monster and has high upside on the offensive end, I think he would be perfect for the Maves with the raw ability he possess and a player that could bring in the much needed height and defence for Dallas. A Bamba and Smith lead team would be scary at its best in my opinion.

Potential line up:

PG - Smith Jr
SG - Matthews
SF - Barnes
PF - Dirk/Powell
C - Bamba

Grizzlies - Micheal Porter Jr
They are a playoff team with Conley and Gasol fit which would be perfect for Porter Jr coming off the injury without having the spotlight soley on him. I think he would fourish at Memphis and can be a player that starts off the season slowly but turns into one of there best players and wins rookie of the year, I could honestly see him being the number 1 option on that team by year 2. He really has it all and his scoring could turn the Grizzlies into one of the best teams.

Potential line up:

PG - Conley
SG - Evans
SF - Porter Jr
PF - Green
C - Gasol

Kings - Marvin Bagley III
Doncic or Michael Porter would be the best pick for them in my opinion but it likely both will be off the board by the time the Kings pick. Bagley came into the season the best prospect and probably had the best start to the season but his form has really dipped as of late and his free throw percentage and defense has really seen his draft stock drop. Still if the Kings can get the best out of him then they have a superstar on there hands who could create a super athletic team. They might struggle with outside scoring as they dont have many options but they have a team filled with potential.

Potential line up:

PG - Fox
SG - Hield
SF - Bogdanovic
PF - Bagley
C - Cauley-Stein

Cavs (Via Nets pick) - Jaren Jackson Jr
My favourite player and a player with the upside to be a number 1 or 2 option on a challenging side. If a team can nurture him into the NBA properly then they will have a 2 way monster. I love the fit on the Cavs as he can just come off the bench his first year or two and then they can trade Love for a nice asset and start JJJ who could be an All-Star in his 4th year. He would bring the defence the Cavs have been lacking and also much-needed perimter shooting. It also wouldn't surprise me if they went with Mikal or Miles Bridges due to them being more ready to come in and make a difference straight away.

Potential line up:

PG - Hill
SG - Hood
SF - James
PF - Loves
C - Thompson

6th Man - Jackson Jr

Bulls - Mikal Bridges
I believe by the time the Bulls pick Wendell Carter would be the best player available but I just can't see a Markkenan/Carter combo working and thus can see them select a nice 3 and D player that has the potential to be a really nice starting role player on a challenging team. If Mo Bamba isn't off the board by this pick then he needs to be the one they take. They really need a Rudy Gobert type player on the team.

Potential line up:

PG - Dunn
SG - LaVine
SF - Bridges
PF - Markkenan
C - Lopez

Hornets - Wendell Carter Jr
An absolute steal for the Hornets. A player that could really make a difference and help solidify their defence and provide some more spacing. He is so underrated and could end up being one of the better players out of this draft. I would like to see how he goes in Charlotte with Kemba. I think he could be good next to Dwight who has been decent this season.

Potential line up:

PG - Walker
SG - Monk
SF - Batum
PF - Carter
C - Howard

76ers - Miles Bridges
Unlikely to happen as they would have to trade up a few spots but I love to see this pick as I think Miles fits in perfectly with what Philly is trying to create. He would be a nice 3 and D player and would space the floor well for Simmons. Imagine Simmons on the court with 4 good 3 point shooters......WOW. Also if Fultz finds his hot again then he could be the 6th man off the bench and eventually transition into a shooting guard.

Potential line up:

PG - Simmons
SG - Redick
SF - Bridges
PF - Saric
C - Embiid

6th man - Fultz
7th man - Covington
8th man - Belinelli

WOW

Malla

Reaction score
My favorite fits for the players are:

Suns: DeAndre Ayton
My team the Suns are crying out for a young big man that we can put on the court with Booker and build a foundation out of. With the recent acquisition of Payton from the Magic who has had a promising start for us we filled in the void we had at PG after Bledsoe and with Booker, Jackson and Bender/Chriss we have our whole line up sorted out except for the centre spot where we have 95-year-old Chandler still playing. Ayton would help stretch the floor to give Booker more looks and would help with the defensive end of the game where we have been lacking.

Potential line up:

PG - Payton
SG - Booker
SF - Jackson
PF - Chriss
C - Ayton

Hawks: Luka Doncic
They have a nice point guard in Schroder, a gem in John Collins and some decent role players in Prince and Dedmon and are crying out for a star. Whilst Im not as high on Doncic as others due to his athleticism, I still think if he figures it out he can be a James Harden type player and a player that carries the Hawks back to the playoffs with the right pieces around him. He would be the primary ball handler and facilitator in the Hawks team.

Potential line up:

PG - Schroder
SG - Doncic
SF - Prince
PF - Collins
C - Dedmon

Magic - Trae Young
The magic, in my opinion, is a team filled with really nice role players and players that can do a decent job if paired with a star, and considering they need a point guard the logical choice here is Young who would bring in some three-point shooting and a player who if they can get the best out of is a star level player. Building around him and Isaac is a step in the right direction and them two could be the core to drive the Magic up into the playoffs in the future.

Potential line up:

PG - Young
SG - Fournier
SF - Isaac
PF - Gordon
C - Vucevic

Mavericks - Mo Bamba
Having drafted a stud in Dennis Smith in the last draft and sorting out there PG position, they now need to sort out there centre position after the recent failure of Noel. Mo Bamba is a defensive monster and has high upside on the offensive end, I think he would be perfect for the Maves with the raw ability he possess and a player that could bring in the much needed height and defence for Dallas. A Bamba and Smith lead team would be scary at its best in my opinion.

Potential line up:

PG - Smith Jr
SG - Matthews
SF - Barnes
PF - Dirk/Powell
C - Bamba

Grizzlies - Micheal Porter Jr
They are a playoff team with Conley and Gasol fit which would be perfect for Porter Jr coming off the injury without having the spotlight soley on him. I think he would fourish at Memphis and can be a player that starts off the season slowly but turns into one of there best players and wins rookie of the year, I could honestly see him being the number 1 option on that team by year 2. He really has it all and his scoring could turn the Grizzlies into one of the best teams.

Potential line up:

PG - Conley
SG - Evans
SF - Porter Jr
PF - Green
C - Gasol

Kings - Marvin Bagley III
Doncic or Michael Porter would be the best pick for them in my opinion but it likely both will be off the board by the time the Kings pick. Bagley came into the season the best prospect and probably had the best start to the season but his form has really dipped as of late and his free throw percentage and defense has really seen his draft stock drop. Still if the Kings can get the best out of him then they have a superstar on there hands who could create a super athletic team. They might struggle with outside scoring as they dont have many options but they have a team filled with potential.

Potential line up:

PG - Fox
SG - Hield
SF - Bogdanovic
PF - Bagley
C - Cauley-Stein

Cavs (Via Nets pick) - Jaren Jackson Jr
My favourite player and a player with the upside to be a number 1 or 2 option on a challenging side. If a team can nurture him into the NBA properly then they will have a 2 way monster. I love the fit on the Cavs as he can just come off the bench his first year or two and then they can trade Love for a nice asset and start JJJ who could be an All-Star in his 4th year. He would bring the defence the Cavs have been lacking and also much-needed perimter shooting. It also wouldn't surprise me if they went with Mikal or Miles Bridges due to them being more ready to come in and make a difference straight away.

Potential line up:

PG - Hill
SG - Hood
SF - James
PF - Loves
C - Thompson

6th Man - Jackson Jr

Bulls - Mikal Bridges
I believe by the time the Bulls pick Wendell Carter would be the best player available but I just can't see a Markkenan/Carter combo working and thus can see them select a nice 3 and D player that has the potential to be a really nice starting role player on a challenging team. If Mo Bamba isn't off the board by this pick then he needs to be the one they take. They really need a Rudy Gobert type player on the team.

Potential line up:

PG - Dunn
SG - LaVine
SF - Bridges
PF - Markkenan
C - Lopez

Hornets - Wendell Carter Jr
An absolute steal for the Hornets. A player that could really make a difference and help solidify their defence and provide some more spacing. He is so underrated and could end up being one of the better players out of this draft. I would like to see how he goes in Charlotte with Kemba. I think he could be good next to Dwight who has been decent this season.

Potential line up:

PG - Walker
SG - Monk
SF - Batum
PF - Carter
C - Howard

76ers - Miles Bridges
Unlikely to happen as they would have to trade up a few spots but I love to see this pick as I think Miles fits in perfectly with what Philly is trying to create. He would be a nice 3 and D player and would space the floor well for Simmons. Imagine Simmons on the court with 4 good 3 point shooters......WOW. Also if Fultz finds his hot again then he could be the 6th man off the bench and eventually transition into a shooting guard.

Potential line up:

PG - Simmons
SG - Redick
SF - Bridges
PF - Saric
C - Embiid

6th man - Fultz
7th man - Covington
8th man - Belinelli

WOW
Nice - I'll respond to this tomorrow.

But quickly - Love the JJJ to Cavs, he fits right into that system. However If LBJ stays, I reckon they'll end up flipping that pick and moving it with G Hill or Clarkson for a star. LBJ just isn't at the point of his career to wait for a rookie to develop, he needs to be around established talent.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
East:

1. Toronto vs 8. Washington
2. Boston vs 7. Milwaukee
3. Philadelphia vs 6. Miami
4. Cleveland vs 5. Indiana

West:

1. Houston vs 8. Minnesotta
2. Golden State vs 7. San Antonio
3. Portland vs 6. New Orleans
4. Oklahoma City vs 5. Utah

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
....aaaand the magic win against the wizards, so instead of being tied for 3rd best odds we have the fifth and the starters were in full tank mode

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
....aaaand the magic win against the wizards, so instead of being tied for 3rd best odds we have the fifth and the starters were in full tank mode
Even cavs managed to tank the last game to move them to the 8th position :p not that it would matter anyways

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have some good games coming up:

OKC vs Jazz = Should be an entertaining series and will probably go 6-7 games.

Celtics vs Bucks = Won’t be of the highest quality with Boston missing Irving and Hayward but I can’t wait to see how Giannis performs and if he has made the proper step up as a superstar.

Pelicans vs Blazers = Lillard vs Davis. If Anthony Davis does something these playoffs it can really solidify him as a top 3 player next to LeBron and Durant.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
it just sums up this franchise atm
They sucked yesterday. Unbelievable with how much lack of urgency they play with. Most teams after conceding inbound quickly (trying to counter). The cavs just look at the bouncing ball, no energy.

Everyone said they are saving it for the playoffs to flick the switch. To go down by almost 20 points first quarter it’s shows lack of intensity. This isn’t a good team plain and simple. Not sure if it’s the coach, he has no other game plan. They seemed to play better under Larry drew. Not sure if it was an easy run with opponents or what. To stack a line up with “shooters” and to start so badly shows a bad game plan for mine. No other back up option if the 3 ball doesn’t drop. Also lebron needs to attack the rim more. Not sure why there was such a big reliance on his jumper. You are down by 20. Take the ball to the rim. Have players in motion. Because if the 3 ball isn’t dropping cavs mentality is shoot your way out of it or just forget about the game.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the main man delly turned the series around against boston, while bledsoe has been shockingly bad

Malla

Reaction score
They sucked yesterday. Unbelievable with how much lack of urgency they play with. Most teams after conceding inbound quickly (trying to counter). The cavs just look at the bouncing ball, no energy.

Everyone said they are saving it for the playoffs to flick the switch. To go down by almost 20 points first quarter it’s shows lack of intensity. This isn’t a good team plain and simple. Not sure if it’s the coach, he has no other game plan. They seemed to play better under Larry drew. Not sure if it was an easy run with opponents or what. To stack a line up with “shooters” and to start so badly shows a bad game plan for mine. No other back up option if the 3 ball doesn’t drop. Also lebron needs to attack the rim more. Not sure why there was such a big reliance on his jumper. You are down by 20. Take the ball to the rim. Have players in motion. Because if the 3 ball isn’t dropping cavs mentality is shoot your way out of it or just forget about the game.
Agree with you all year it has been a shoot the 3 mentality, they have not played defence one bit all season so it amazed me when people were expecting them to flick the switch and play D in the playoffs lol. I think they just been lucky thus far that Pacers are a young inexperienced team so they haven't finished em off when they should have AND Oladipo has had a bad series. If he was scoring his season average they would be blowing Cavs out by 30 each game.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree with you all year it has been a shoot the 3 mentality, they have not played defence one bit all season so it amazed me when people were expecting them to flick the switch and play D in the playoffs lol. I think they just been lucky thus far that Pacers are a young inexperienced team so they haven't finished em off when they should have AND Oladipo has had a bad series. If he was scoring his season average they would be blowing Cavs out by 30 each game.
Yeh agree. But at the same time cavs can’t possibly play worse too :p I think 8-35 in the first game from deep. They don’t have an answer and tye lue is chopping and changing at will now (didn’t make many changes all year besides injury). I still think they need to start with nance and use love at PF. Start Körver for his effort play and spot up shooting. Then you can always use TT if you want to go big or love if you want a smaller line up. Starting love with green and lebron makes no sense. In effect 3 power forwards.

Anyways they are shambles and way short on playing talent. I think it will make lebrons decision so much easier to leave if they miss the final. His hardest decision is going east or west :p