NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh and I'm not going Kid. Just from you.

Unlike you I don't flip flop or just turn up when my team wins. Bye lebum chum.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are ways to come back at people. Humour like Rod or just a simple "now what do you think". You showed what you really are though lmao. Absolute gronk lol.

Malla

Reaction score
There are ways to come back at people. Humour like Rod or just a simple "now what do you think". You showed what you really are though lmao. Absolute gronk lol.
k thanks for the life lesson hater

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This guy he pretends he cares about "haters". Yet all last year said nothing about Rod hating on KD lmao.

Got you feeling all hurt because I said Boston won the trade. Lol

Malla

Reaction score
This guy he pretends he cares about "haters". Yet all last year said nothing about Rod hating on KD lmao.

Got you feeling all hurt because I said Boston won the trade. Lol
you are a liar too

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What Hill, Clarkson, Nance and Hood bring to the table defensively is massively underrated. Their ability to switch on P&R was why they blew out Boston today and kept 'em below 100. This Cavs team is better than the team they had with Kyrie because of their ability to play both ends of the floor.
Yeh I agree. Even osman. Ok he isn’t a lock down defender. But he brings energy and runs the floor and is trying to make an impression. I saw the same from Hill and Clarkson tonight. And what Clarkson did off the bench. Was lights out. So you lose a ball hog who was hitting 22% a pf who didn’t defend and couldn’t score and you get a lights out bench scorer a decent starting point guard who isn’t ball dominant. First time in a while I saw lebron getting hit with passes in a while. Usually he sets himself up and others up.

Not saying it’s a championship team. And this group still needs more floor time. Okc will be the test. If they can keep in touch with them I think they have potential to atleast get through the east without issues. Looking forward to Thursday I think it is.

Malla

Reaction score
Yeh I agree. Even osman. Ok he isn’t a lock down defender. But he brings energy and runs the floor and is trying to make an impression. I saw the same from Hill and Clarkson tonight. And what Clarkson did off the bench. Was lights out. So you lose a ball hog who was hitting 22% a pf who didn’t defend and couldn’t score and you get a lights out bench scorer a decent starting point guard who isn’t ball dominant. First time in a while I saw lebron getting hit with passes in a while. Usually he sets himself up and others up.

Not saying it’s a championship team. And this group still needs more floor time. Okc will be the test. If they can keep in touch with them I think they have potential to atleast get through the east without issues. Looking forward to Thursday I think it is.
I think these days you don't need to be a lock down defender because less teams play iso - you just have to have the abiliy to switch and guard multiple positions. This is why teams like Warriors, OKC and Cleveland (now) are successful - put their offensive ability aside, they have guys that can guard inside the paint and out to the perimeter. Example Dray Green can be guarding Steven Adams then get the switch on Westbrook and still get a stop.

Good point re: Clarkson, he's so athletic too. George Hill was the best catch and shoot 3 point shooter in the league before he came to the Cavs, I think he was 2/2 from 3 today.

Also Kevin Love is still to come back. They need a run after all star break and we can agree it is a championship squad, right now tho they are easily the best in the east even with only one game together.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you said being called a hater didnt effect you but clearly it does

sorry for hurting your feelings
Lol OK. I'm a lair and your a copycat lmao.

Truth is youre the one who had hurt feelings. You were obviously stewing over what I said and couldn't wait to come back and say I told you so lmao. Then tell me to get out lmao. Hahaha yeah but I got my feeling hurts haha.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ffs stop acting like children and lets settle this the proper way

otara you get your family and malla brings his family, then we go on family feud and find out who is better, ill call channel 10 tbh

Malla

Reaction score
Lol OK. I'm a lair and your a copycat lmao.

Truth is youre the one who had hurt feelings. You were obviously stewing over what I said and couldn't wait to come back and say I told you so lmao. Then tell me to get out lmao. Hahaha yeah but I got my feeling hurts haha.
k

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think these days you don't need to be a lock down defender because less teams play iso - you just have to have the abiliy to switch and guard multiple positions. This is why teams like Warriors, OKC and Cleveland (now) are successful - put their offensive ability aside, they have guys that can guard inside the paint and out to the perimeter. Example Dray Green can be guarding Steven Adams then get the switch on Westbrook and still get a stop.

Good point re: Clarkson, he's so athletic too. George Hill was the best catch and shoot 3 point shooter in the league before he came to the Cavs, I think he was 2/2 from 3 today.

Also Kevin Love is still to come back. They need a run after all star break and we can agree it is a championship squad, right now tho they are easily the best in the east even with only one game together.
Yeh I agree. It’s more about effort. It’s more about staying in front of your man and it’s more about getting a hand in their face. And having so many players over 30 and then you have damaged goods that don’t make effort on the defensive end. Put it this way if cavs cop 140 again I will be very surprised.

Even korver who I rate so highly. He has lost any athletic ability he once had. But his effort is still there and I can respect that. Ok against 24 year old guards you can’t expect him to stop the play. But I just admire his professionalism and his effort. Put that next to crowder and IT. maybe the Team did t drastically improve from a skill perspective. But effort wise and commitment wise there shouldn’t be any more issues. You lost a lot of attitude and individualness and you pick up team players and players excited to play as a team. Something IT, Rose and co couldn’t come around to. Too many alpha dogs don’t mix well. Was even good to see other players carry the ball. And not even sure how many mins Lebron got in the 4th but he got a decent rest in the end and the team didn’t collapse without him.

Malla

Reaction score
Yeh I agree. It’s more about effort. It’s more about staying in front of your man and it’s more about getting a hand in their face. And having so many players over 30 and then you have damaged goods that don’t make effort on the defensive end. Put it this way if cavs cop 140 again I will be very surprised.

Even korver who I rate so highly. He has lost any athletic ability he once had. But his effort is still there and I can respect that. Ok against 24 year old guards you can’t expect him to stop the play. But I just admire his professionalism and his effort. Put that next to crowder and IT. maybe the Team did t drastically improve from a skill perspective. But effort wise and commitment wise there shouldn’t be any more issues. You lost a lot of attitude and individualness and you pick up team players and players excited to play as a team. Something IT, Rose and co couldn’t come around to. Too many alpha dogs don’t mix well. Was even good to see other players carry the ball. And not even sure how many mins Lebron got in the 4th but he got a decent rest in the end and the team didn’t collapse without him.
Yeah man, or just having someone like IT who isn't big enough to defend PG's as it is lol

Yeah Korver brings it every night, he just dropped 30 against Hawks then today. What I love about Korver is he only need 5-10 mins to get hot and can drop 10 points in the blink of an eye.

I think either Jalen Rose or Billups said it but Cavs had too many players with an agenda. IT and Rose were both coming off contract and had something to prove rather than playing for the team. That was the biggest problem hence why they were shipped. I have no idea why Crowder didn't work, but it is what it is - I reckon Jazz will be good for him anyway.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah man, or just having someone like IT who isn't big enough to defend PG's as it is lol

Yeah Korver brings it every night, he just dropped 30 against Hawks then today. What I love about Korver is he only need 5-10 mins to get hot and can drop 10 points in the blink of an eye.

I think either Jalen Rose or Billups said it but Cavs had too many players with an agenda. IT and Rose were both coming off contract and had something to prove rather than playing for the team. That was the biggest problem hence why they were shipped. I have no idea why Crowder didn't work, but it is what it is - I reckon Jazz will be good for him anyway.
Yeh I’m not too sure about crowder either and I don’t know what happens behind closed doors but when he stepped over love. It wasn’t a team out there. It was a bunch of individuals. And they weren’t willing to step back. I mean if IT came off the bench until he got his legs under him it may have worked out. But IT thinks he is a league great and can’t come off the bench. He needed to be paid like he deserves apparently. And he was taking absurd shots in the end.

This roster has much fewer egos. It has a local boy that loves the team. And it has players that probably grew up idolising James now making a run for the playoffs with him. So their head and attitude is definitely in a much better place then the me first players that were traded.

Malla

Reaction score
Yeh I’m not too sure about crowder either and I don’t know what happens behind closed doors but when he stepped over love. It wasn’t a team out there. It was a bunch of individuals. And they weren’t willing to step back. I mean if IT came off the bench until he got his legs under him it may have worked out. But IT thinks he is a league great and can’t come off the bench. He needed to be paid like he deserves apparently. And he was taking absurd shots in the end.

This roster has much fewer egos. It has a local boy that loves the team. And it has players that probably grew up idolising James now making a run for the playoffs with him. So their head and attitude is definitely in a much better place then the me first players that were traded.
He should do ok in Utah, I think it could have worked if Cavs were patient but end of the day just become a piece in the trade. As for IT, he can score 25+ points a game which he may do in LA but they will still be a losing team.