NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The winner of the Kyrie trade will only be determined when we see how the player the Cavs draft with the Nets pick goes, if they get another superstar well then they’ve won because Kyrie wanted out and if you can get 4 decent contributors and a future superstar in return then I don’t see how anyone can argue against you.

People can’t compare the other players to Kyrie, the Cavs were left with close to no choice but to have to deal him and they got a pretty sweet deal for a team having not much leverage.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At the end of the day, what cavs did was ship some busted/underperforming players and got younger and more athletic. That was their problem they didn't play both ends, in fact some nights they didn't play any ends. Its not a championship team but it is better balanced then before. That doesn't guarantee success but I would be surprised if they give up 140-144 again.

Sad to see Frye traded, was such a solid player, very underrated, he would sit out 5-6 games and come on and hit his shots, true professional and will leave a gap. Capable defender and rim protector (not a gifted defender more a willing/effort defender) but I guess you needed to put a sweetener in and his expiring contract was seen as desirable. But he was one of the guys that didn't deserve to be traded because of his presence as a person and a player. Lue never used him correctly. But I guess thats what happens when you have former MVP's and Finals MVP's on your bench. Looking forward to post all stars to see what this team can do. They look good on paper and are a solid centre short of being a walk over in the east. What is Bogut doing these days? Cavs has a roster spot so might be time to make another call. Bogut with TT is a solid fit. One is a rebounder one is a rim protector and has enough ball skills to keep the ball alive. Neither are shooters, but bogut can play low post. He can play a role if he wanted to, he can play his 10 mins get his 3-4 rebounds and post up inside, have a passing centre and atleast have a big body that won't get bullied by the likes of Adams or Capella or even KAT (who went off for 30 the other night). Ok none will be a threat in the east, but Kevin love and TT aren't the answer. Especially with Frye gone you are short of big men (not that Love TT and Frye could even be considered big men).

Who knows, something else might still be cooking with an empty roster spot coming down the stretch. I wouldn't mind going Bogut for another try. Couldn't go worse then last time.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
premature ejaculation over boston

i saw every cavalier game in 2015/16 and i guarantee that kyrie has a bad side that shows up most of the time

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

i saw every cavalier game in 2015/16 and i guarantee that kyrie has a bad side that shows up most of the time
Kid couldn’t buy a shot tonight. Not too sure how much came from and off game and how much was down to good defence.

Very impressive turn around. Last week they were giving up 122+ points every game (even 144 a few weeks back). Not too sure if it’s a sign of things to come or a 1 off but to keep the cels to under 100 and win by 20 is impressive (wait for the haters to say cels are missing Hayward :p lol). You don’t win like that with IT and co, so good turn around. Okc will be the true test though before the all star break. See how well this team can compete defensively. Attack will take time to be tweaked and perfected. But defence is effort so will be good to see if they can keep in touch with a western conference heavyweight.

Malla

Reaction score
Kid couldn’t buy a shot tonight. Not too sure how much came from and off game and how much was down to good defence.

Very impressive turn around. Last week they were giving up 122+ points every game (even 144 a few weeks back). Not too sure if it’s a sign of things to come but to keep the cels to under 100 or a 1 off. But you don’t win like that with IT and co. Okc will be the true test before the all star break.
What Hill, Clarkson, Nance and Hood bring to the table defensively is massively underrated. Their ability to switch on P&R was why they blew out Boston today and kept 'em below 100. This Cavs team is better than the team they had with Kyrie because of their ability to play both ends of the floor.

Malla

Reaction score
Lol grow up.

Where's Rod to tell you it's only one game? Lol no where hahaha
Take your own advice and stop hating on another grown man you havent even met

You have no clue or idea about basketball go back to watching MJ's best dunks on youtube hater

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Noone said that at all lol.

I said they won the trade, which I still stand by. And I said the Cavs were better with Kyrie. That's it. They won a come with him.

From there Mall flip flops because back when the trade first happened it was "the team that gets the better trade wins". But now it's all of a sudden different.

Then he sits back and blows his load over one win and tells me I know nothing and to stick to footy lmao.

All from I said Boston won the trade.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Take your own advice and stop hating on another grown man you havent even met

You have no clue or idea about basketball go back to watching MJ's best dunks on youtube hater
Grow up dude lmao. Seriously can anyone else see this?

All from I said Boston won the trade hahaha. What an absolute CHILD lol.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Straight up haven't had any problems on TK. Maybe a disagreement with psst once but that's it. This knob Malla has changed that. Well done KID. lol

Rod doesn't agree with me either but his come backs never stoop to your KIDDY level. Again well done Kid.

How does it go. Stuck to Basketball coz you know nothing about footy.

Malla

Reaction score
Noone said that at all lol.

I said they won the trade, which I still stand by. And I said the Cavs were better with Kyrie. That's it. They won a come with him.

From there Mall flip flops because back when the trade first happened it was "the team that gets the better trade wins". But now it's all of a sudden different.

Then he sits back and blows his load over one win and tells me I know nothing and to stick to footy lmao.

All from I said Boston won the trade.
You have no clue hater

Malla

Reaction score
Straight up haven't had any problems on TK. Maybe a disagreement with psst once but that's it. This knob Malla has changed that. Well done KID. lol

Rod doesn't agree with me either but his come backs never stoop to your KIDDY level. Again well done Kid.

How does it go. Stuck to Basketball coz you know nothing about footy.
No problem hater

Malla

Reaction score
its not only one game, boston are sinking 6-8 recently

kyrie needs to do something about this
I think Boston will be slightly better with Hayward back, but they just have no depth. Their bench is non-existent but thats what they gave up for Kyrie. Ainge really needs to make a decision on those assets and get some established players to run with Kyrie and Hayward.