NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And that's not to say I don't think they can win because they are obviously very good.

I'm saying I will judge them on what they do in the play offs and neither Paul nor Harden have done anything yet.

Malla

Reaction score
And that's not to say I don't think they can win because they are obviously very good.

I'm saying I will judge them on what they do in the play offs and neither Paul nor Harden have done anything yet.
If thats the case then we shouldn't be discussing it until it happens lol

Malla

Reaction score
not greatest ever as in top 10 players or whatever just great in the fact that he could play in any time period and be this good
Totally different calling someone one of the greatest ever and great enough to play in any era - russell westbrook can play in any era but he probably won't be in the top 50 of all time lol

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think IT and the cavs is going to work. Sure he's getting his legs and all but just watching the games he has played and apart from being horrendous in D, he seems a ball hog and the ball movement basically stops when he has the ball.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think IT and the cavs is going to work. Sure he's getting his legs and all but just watching the games he has played and apart from being horrendous in D, he seems a ball hog and the ball movement basically stops when he has the ball.
that brinks truck hes waiting for might be delayed a bit

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally different calling someone one of the greatest ever and great enough to play in any era - russell westbrook can play in any era but he probably won't be in the top 50 of all time lol
kd and westbrook top 50 easy!! i feel they would murder the majority of those guys who have major wraps from being the best players when there were about 8-12 total teams talking about them bob cousy types

Malla

Reaction score
kd and westbrook top 50 easy!! i feel they would murder the majority of those guys who have major wraps from being the best players when there were about 8-12 total teams talking about them bob cousy types
Not sure about Westbrook man. I am an OKC and Westbrook fan, but can't put him in the top 50 of all time without a ring - if you were to look at the PG position only, he probably wouldn't even make the top 15 there.

If he can lead this OKC team to a title, then without a doubt.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about Westbrook man. I am an OKC and Westbrook fan, but can't put him in the top 50 of all time without a ring - if you were to look at the PG position only, he probably wouldn't even make the top 15 there.

If he can lead this OKC team to a title, then without a doubt.
would be good if he could get one but i dont really think it all boils down to that these days with everyone linking up on superteams. his play alone with no ring is top 15 pg for me. if he could win with this team it would be crazy i cant see them doing to much unless melo turns it up and the bench can find any amount of points when there on for the 5-10mins they play. russ/pg/adams playing well and would have to play crazy to do anything in the west

Malla

Reaction score
would be good if he could get one but i dont really think it all boils down to that these days with everyone linking up on superteams. his play alone with no ring is top 15 pg for me. if he could win with this team it would be crazy i cant see them doing to much unless melo turns it up and the bench can find any amount of points when there on for the 5-10mins they play. russ/pg/adams playing well and would have to play crazy to do anything in the west
I think OKC is a super team now man ... would not have thought that before the season started but with the way Adams has been playing, they are a super team. It's weird they struggle against sub .500 teams but they've beaten Warriors, Rockets, Raptors, Wolves and Cleveland who are the best in the league. I think this team is built for the play-offs so long as they can finish in the top 4.

But yeah, without a ring I would maybe put him in top 15. Great PG's without a ring I would put before him are Stockton, Chris Paul, Steve Nash and Allen Iverson - if he can get a ring that automatically puts him above that group. It's important for Westbrook because he will prob put the team on his back to win - simular to Lebron, Magic etc.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think OKC is a super team now man ... would not have thought that before the season started but with the way Adams has been playing, they are a super team. It's weird they struggle against sub .500 teams but they've beaten Warriors, Rockets, Raptors, Wolves and Cleveland who are the best in the league. I think this team is built for the play-offs so long as they can finish in the top 4.

But yeah, without a ring I would maybe put him in top 15. Great PG's without a ring I would put before him are Stockton, Chris Paul, Steve Nash and Allen Iverson - if he can get a ring that automatically puts him above that group. It's important for Westbrook because he will prob put the team on his back to win - simular to Lebron, Magic etc.
yeah cant wait to see how they go come play offs esp if they do match up with spurs round 1. adams been getting better and better every time out on the court

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The game is completely different now than just 20 years ago, let alone 50 years ago. You can't even handcheck these days. Jordan and Shaq would average over 40ppg in today's game.

Malla

Reaction score
Griffin traded to Pistons for Harris and Bradley (among other guys) and 2 draft picks.

Seems like a salary dump from Clippers. They'll probably blow it up now, I doubt DJ will be traded unless it's to a contender - tbh Warriors should go for him for Jordan Bell.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m shocked. Clippers are dead to me

Malla

Reaction score
I’m shocked. Clippers are dead to me
Good trade from Clippers.

Lets face it Griffin is not championship calibre so why waste the next few years while he's on a max. Bradley is a salary dump and Harris will probably give you the same production as Griffin for a lot less $$. The key from this trade is the first and second round pick PLUS the 2 picks they got from the Houston trade. Clippers will tank the rest of the year and if they can get a top 5 pick this year, and next year... thats an excellent rebuild.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm surprised Cavs didn't make a play at Bradley and Drummond - solves a lot of their problems

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good trade from Clippers.

Lets face it Griffin is not championship calibre so why waste the next few years while he's on a max. Bradley is a salary dump and Harris will probably give you the same production as Griffin for a lot less $$. The key from this trade is the first and second round pick PLUS the 2 picks they got from the Houston trade. Clippers will tank the rest of the year and if they can get a top 5 pick this year, and next year... thats an excellent rebuild.
Seems as though they are going to deal DJ and Lou aswell.

I don’t even have anyone left to follow on there lol.

Malla

Reaction score
Seems as though they are going to deal DJ and Lou aswell.

I don’t even have anyone left to follow on there lol.
They're doing the right thing at the right time. I think DJ wasn't going to re-sign anyway, so keeping Griffin on a max deal was pointless.

Their president of basketball operations is Jerry West who is responsible for putting together the Warriors team. He knows what he is doing however next step is to get rid of Doc Rivers - absolutely garbage as a coach