1. The Kennel is saddened to hear of the passing of one of their much loved members (Izzy Forreal).

Kennelers are invited to pay their respects in the following threads:

Vale: Izzy Forreal

Official Site Statement
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Chicharito, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Otara_Dog

Otara_Dog Kennel Addict

Tbh I think it's just hope. Charles Barkley said it best "are we just going to pretend that anyone can beat the Warriors"

It was like last year but this time the hope was KD and few were chokers or they didn't have a rim protection.

The Cavs team is deeper than last year but isn't that much better. IT isn't as good as Kyrie and will be abused in the finals defensively.

I could see OKC beating them or even the spurs but not Houston. CP and Haren disappear in the play offs and so does the coach.

But just my opinion it would be a massive shock if GSW don't win. I just can't see any team beating them 4 times in a week or so.

2. Malla

Malla *********

IT and Kyrie are the same, both have the same flaws defensively and score the same ppg - if anything Cavs gained a better play maker.

Don't sleep on the Cavs man, that's all I'm saying. People think it's just about the most skilful and talented teams that win, but it isn't. It's who is the healthiest and in best shape at the end of the marathon. Cavs will get through to the finals probably only dropping 2-3 games. Warriors will not have the same luxury (if they get through) - potential to play Spurs, Houston or OKC. It won't be easy.

As for Houston, yes Harden has a history of giving up but not CP3. As I remember CP3 just has bad luck with injury. D'Antoni is questionable in the playoffs for sure, but thats why they added CP3.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Malla

Malla *********

And for anyone that doesn't think IT is legit, he just dropped 17 in his first game back on one of the best back courts in the NBA.

4. boggie23

boggie23 Kennel Addict

Yeh exactly man. Not many teams can compete with a small line up against the warriors. Their shooting is too good. Probably best shooting team in the history of the sport. So you need to slow the game down and post up. But not sure lue is the type of coach to play that strategy.

5. Otara_Dog

Otara_Dog Kennel Addict

Cavs play HORRIBLE defense even LBJ.

6. Otara_Dog

Otara_Dog Kennel Addict

I know the three ball is the game now but watching the Rockets is ugh. 50 threes tonight.

7. Otara_Dog

Otara_Dog Kennel Addict

Cavs defense is like swiss cheese lol.

8. boggie23

boggie23 Kennel Addict

Unfortunately you are right. Very hot and cold offence and consistently shit defence. Lebron gave up yesterday. I think they were 1/12 shooting in the first quarter he drove to the basket a few times and scored. Hit an open guy in the corner who misses the shot then turned off. Thought that’s enough for tonight.

And you can’t blame back to back games for this one. They just didn’t turn up to play and James couldn’t be stuffed to carry them. They have had a few questionable quarters this year. I wouldn’t have them as a threat this year. You can only excuse them so much until you can say this roster isn’t championship quality. Too old, too slow to compete. And You can’t expect 30, 9, 9 and 41 mins night in night out from James to be in with a chance.

Love, crowder and jr probably all had their worst games of the season against the timber wolves. And against a talented team you are getting blown off the court. And nba isn’t a game you can come back from 25 down night in night out.

9. Otara_Dog

Otara_Dog Kennel Addict

They'll still make the finals. But imo they will drop a few games on the way and being and old team that isn't good. Unless they get boogie or Jordan.

I think if Boston had Haywood, another scorer, they could have pushed them but they can't win with just one Allstar.

On defense they have been horrible for two years, they are getting worse. 22ND last year now 29th just above the Kings. LBJ isn't playing defense either like before.

• Like Like x 1
  10. boggie23

boggie23 Kennel Addict

Yeh I agree. James is a great spot defender. If the game is on the like he will chase down. Probably more so to make the highlight play and for himself more then anything. But he isn’t putting in. I think he realises it’s his last year in Cleveland and he just doesn’t care anymore. I have never seen him switch off in a game that early before. He got his 10 points then said I’m done.

His numbers are amazing, he can still carry his team to the play offs and the finals. He is still the best in the league. But he can’t do it on his own. And when jr goes 0/8 love gets 1 basket and crowder scores single digits, and IT gets ejected he probably thinks I’m too old for this crap.

Luckily cavs have the best bench in the league. Korver, dwade, green. They have kept things closer then they deserve. Because if Lebron doesn’t go 30, 9, 9 the Cavs dont show up.

Also he has played every match so far. So I don’t think he can play both ends 3 times a week 37.8 mins a game at 33. As great as he is his support around him isn’t up for it. So I think if he can’t get cp3 or George at the cavs no way he will be in Ohio next year.

Would make sense for him to take his talents elsewhere and build a championship quality team that can challenge for 5 years and he can start to take a back seat.

Thing with this cavs team is there is 1 hall of famer playing well and 1 hall of famer that is past it (dwade). It’s hard to compete with gsw with 4 hall of famers and all 4 current all stars in their prime.

11. OITENTA-E-NOVE

OITENTA-E-NOVE Kennel Addict

dont worry lebron will be back better then ever next season when he teams up with lonzo

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. boggie23

boggie23 Kennel Addict

Yeh I was always against him moving. I wanted him to try build something in Ohio but I think his heart isn’t in it anymore. And at 33+ he can’t be the only guy on the team anymore. He has carried this team with very little talent (outside the 2 other all stars) to the finals and the championship.

Logically it has to be LA, it’s the biggest market it’s the most famous team. And the argument is if he can get championships with 3 different teams maybe it’s an argument to be harder then getting 5-6.

But for mine I would like to see him team up with someone like Houston (will never happen, Houston is too small of a city for lebron) just because I am not a lakers fan :tearsofjoy:

13. OITENTA-E-NOVE

OITENTA-E-NOVE Kennel Addict

houston is a massive city and no income tax is a plus but i think lebron just wants to move his family to los angeles. im a lakers fan though so just trying to convince myself its a massive shot when really lebron seems the type to sign with the spurs or rockets

14. Otara_Dog

Otara_Dog Kennel Addict

He's going to the Magic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. boggie23

boggie23 Kennel Addict

I would like to see him on the spurs. No better man manager then Pop. And a defence first team. So I reckon he can make a difference. But like you said LA is his dream so not sure if living away from there make sense for him.

But realistically drop him into any top 4-5 seed in the west and they almost become the team to beat. Same way as take him out of the cavs and they become a draft lottery team. Such is the game he brings.

16. Otara_Dog

Otara_Dog Kennel Addict

Lol at Clevelans defense.

Love hopeless on defense. IT can't guard me let alone anyone in the NBA. LeBron barely playing defense. Crowder nothing like he was in Boston. Korner gets threes but is awful on defense. JR waste of space. TT waste of cap space. Rose injury prone. Wade has been good.

One thing I don't like about LBJ fans is they say he has no help. Which may be true but he got these players here . He wanted love. He wanted TT. I bet he has a say on just about every recruit they get.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 2:16 PM
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Shanked

Shanked U been Shanked

he wants a challenge

• Like Like x 1
  18. Otara_Dog

Otara_Dog Kennel Addict

Yeah nah the cavs team isn't beating the Warriors in a seven game series, and it won't even be close.

19. boggie23

boggie23 Kennel Addict

Yeh I agree. They can’t play defence. They aren’t a consistent offensive team. People in the past they could bank on aren’t the same this year. They need some trades to be competitive. Even getting through the east won’t be easy for them this year.

I think they shot 1/17 at one stage in the 4th the other day. You can’t even beat the bulls shooting that badly in a close game at the end.

Not sure if the cave will go all out for this season as it seems lb won’t be there next season. So either try to keep IT and love and use the pick to rebuild. This is a lottery team without lebron.

• Like Like x 1