The Murika Thread

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you been to the Aboriginal section of Bourke and the main strip of Bourke recently. It’s like that except the adults are kids and more burnt down houses and empty blocks filled with long neck bottles and rubbish. Very eye opening.,
Been to a few missions nt, and top of WA true you are right

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Spent a NYE in Baltimore ~20 years ago.
I’d simply say, if you get the chance…don’t.
At midnight went to get up on the roof of the house I was at to see the ‘fireworks’, which compared to Sydney were garbage anyway. BUT - on climbing I could hear on the same block punters firing their guns into the air. I quickly retreated - those bullets had to land somewhere. Very over-rated place and made The Wire seem authentic. Yet you drive 30min to Annapolis where the US Navy Academy is and it’s schmick.
TBF, i have never heard of anyone rating Baltimore highly.

I did a road trip from Boston to Atlanta in 2003 and just bypassed it on my way to DC.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
TBF, i have never heard of anyone rating Baltimore highly.

I did a road trip from Boston to Atlanta in 2003 and just bypassed it on my way to DC.
It’s not a highlight at all. I was there for personal reasons (old girlfriend was living in DC for a time and we went to her mates NYE party in Baltimore). It’s a working harbour and I can’t remember a highlight whereas that’s easy for DC, NY and even Philly. I was back in the area for work in 2018 and avoided going into Baltimore. The best thing is the road out of there.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I see covid and the vax this way.
My one issue with that quote is that with the increasing ideological focus of extreme groups, it is no longer as simple as "profit". A better word is probably "gain", as this includes those people and groups who just want to see themselves as powerful or right, regardless of the cost to others. Social power is relevant, not just economic power.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My one issue with that quote is that with the increasing ideological focus of extreme groups, it is no longer as simple as "profit". A better word is probably "gain", as this includes those people and groups who just want to see themselves as powerful or right, regardless of the cost to others. Social power is relevant, not just economic power.
Agree. But more than likely, profit will come with gain.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I see covid and the vax this way.
It's definitely something to focus on. Where it falls over for Covid and the Vax is that it's government health officials that are pushing it, and its the government that lose money due to both.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Another one for the 'Only in America' files..................

Link: Satanic Temple battles Texas abortion law, cites religious freedom

The Salem-based Satanic Temple is the newest group to battle the Texas abortion law, as they cite religious freedom to help women skirt the most restrictive abortion law in the nation.

The Satanic Temple is arguing that women should be able to take an abortion-inducing drug as an expression of religious freedom within the first 24 weeks of pregnancy. The new Texas law bans abortions after six weeks of pregnancy.

In the wake of the new law last week, a lawyer for the Massachusetts-based Satanic Temple sent a letter to the FDA to request that the church be allowed access without prescription to the abortion-inducing drugs mifepristone and misoprostol as part of its “sacramental” abortion ritual.

“I am sure Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton — who famously spends a good deal of his time composing press releases about Religious Liberty issues in other states — will be proud to see that Texas’s robust Religious Liberty laws, which he so vociferously champions, will prevent future Abortion Rituals from being interrupted by superfluous government restrictions meant only to shame and harass those seeking an abortion,” Lucien Greaves, co-founder of the temple, said in a statement.

The law prohibits abortions once medical professionals can detect cardiac activity, usually around six weeks — before some women know they’re pregnant.

Courts have blocked other states from imposing similar restrictions, but Texas’ law differs significantly because it leaves enforcement up to private citizens through civil lawsuits instead of criminal prosecutors.

It allows any private citizen to sue Texas abortion providers who violate the law, as well as anyone who “aids or abets” a woman getting the procedure. The law does not make exceptions for rape or incest.

The Supreme Court voted 5-4 last week to not immediately block the law.

Now, the Satanic Temple website features a message to Texans seeking a way around the new law.

“The Satanic Temple stands ready to assist any member that shares its deeply-held religious convictions regarding the right to reproductive freedom,” the temple wrote on its website.

The temple added, “Accordingly, we encourage any member who resides in Texas and wishes to undergo the Satanic Abortion Ritual within the first 24 weeks of pregnancy to contact The Satanic Temple so we may help them fight this law directly.”

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Look at this moronic, entitled twat... fkn mutt then screams "white privilege". Bitch looks white to me...

How dare that mutt damage a Lambo.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only in F#@KEN America

Link: Pro-Trump candidate suggests talking all the boats out of the water to lower sea levels | The Independent

A Republican state legislative candidate in Virginia is being mocked on Twitter for suggesting an unscientific potential solution to rising sea levels.

“I’m curious, do you think the sea level would lower, if we just took all the boats out of the water? Just a thought, not a statement," said Scott Pio, as he shared an image of the Pacific Ocean swarming with thousands of icons seemingly representing boats. The tweet has since been deleted.

:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: